• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL GAF ESPN NFL 2k5 Season 2 Thread: A season.. of redemption!

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty said:
Because Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison couldn't complete basic wide open passes.

Well...looking at the score they, didn't need too :p Again, if you were up 14-0 and the same stuff was happening would you have quit?

Fifty

In this case, yes. Bob had told me that he was very tired, and with both of us finding the game ridiculous, I thought it better to cut our loses. Whatever, if my behaviour is bad and someone wants in the league, I'll leave. If you want me to stay, I'll stay.

Cloudy

Banned
Eh, everyone who is "tired" got that way after losing. Sorry but the "bullshit" swings both ways. It's pretty weak to say you're tired of the bullshit after a beatdown IMO :D

Dude Im like 7-2 in the EQ league and I really hate playin games,especially without rules,so thats hardly the reason for anyone.

You haven't quit the league yet ;) Even assuming it's not the case for everyone, I only see excessive whining and or quitting after losses not after wins. Shit, I was whining after my loss yesterday so I know where folks are coming from :lol

What we (myself included) have to remember is that the whole "no rules" thing is to cut out the childish complaining and arguments. Let's just play, folks...

hgplayer1

Cmdr. Solrak said:
HG....looks like I got you next matey...anytime after 11PM CT this weekend (fri-sun) is good for me.

I think I should be able to play tonight but Ill let you know more as the night progresses.

I cant say Im surprised with people quitting already. I just think its wrong to sign up for something like this and then bow out for any reason. everyone has had plenty of chances by now to have played this game to the point that they know whether they like it or not. why sign up if youre not at least planning on sticking it out no matter what? I understand that the game just doesnt play the way we all want it to play at certain times but if it really bugs you that much that the game isnt as solid as youd like then why sign up? I just wish we had a larger pool of people at GAF to pick from so we wouldnt have to go through this so often.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
dskillzhtown said:
I can play tonight, I was out last night watching the Astros.

GG

I blame this on the playbook. Anyone know if you can change the playbook before the game starts? I know you can in a regular game.
It's like maybe 1 or 2 plays the feature my wideouts. The rest are dump passes to my backfield. I've been practicing offline. but apparently it uses my default playbook(Bucs).

But it's not an excuse. The better team won.

It's still time to go 14-2

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Oh yea, if you make a good deal, I'll unload Pennington or Carter.

Yes, I'm serious.

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
Update: Lossman will be starting for me in Week 3. Bledsoe has lost all confidence :(

010117-raum_leer.jpg

And the media goes crazy!!!

ShadowRed

Banned
LOL you guys are killing me. I said before when the idea of the second league being EQ that it wouldn't stop the main problems in the game. That being the wide open drops and the DBs playing ring around the roses or going for INTs when they are way out of position. As EQ does is make so Moss is 2 and a half yards ahead of a DB when he drops a wide open ball rather than being 5 yards away. Still doesn't fix the main problem of wide open passes being dropped. Also the no rules rule sounds like bs to me.

ShadowRed

Banned
Ramirez said:
010117-raum_leer.jpg

Thats what this league will look like in a few more weeks!

LOL just like last years leagues. First season went off OK the second league fell apart faster than you can say, "Sorry ass SEGA."

Fifty

Ramirez quit the league and rejoined.....He can't quit a third time!

I don't quit leagues, I just quit games out of disgust.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ram,lets play this busted game tomorrow night.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Going into this league, I knew all the pitfalls of ESPN NFL. I am just going to play str-8 and see what happens. I am playing this league while playing the Madden league as well. I can see the differences in each game, I can appreciate each game for what they are. I am not going to drop out of this league. Of course, me being 2-0 right now has a bearing on that, but soooo what!!! lol

Ramirez

Holy hell,me and Matrix were slinging and slanging,lmao!

I think Roth set the record for passing TDs...and I can't speak for Matrix,but I was playing for real,the defense was just stupid in that game.

PASSING
NAME CP/AT YDS AVG TD INT
S. McNair 13/24 312 13.0 2 0

B. Roethlisberger 16/29 513 17.7 8 2

Look at my WRs...

NAME REC YDS AVG LNG TD
P. Burress 6 213 35.5 75 3
H. Ward 3 203 67.7 75 3

lmfao!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I was playing for real and is it me or is this the worst espn football game ever made...holy shit that was too funny :lol :lol :lol

I could run at will and knock your guys over like they were small children and my god they get dumber with EQ on :lol

I truly laugh the whole time I play this game,it doesnt even bother me when I lose.

GG...pure NFL Blitz style.

Brown ran for 299 yards on 35 attempts and I think Smith had 80 something before he got hurt.

HAHA I had more total yards than you...we both had over 600.

Cloudy

Banned
I wondered if FMT didn't accidentally set this to EQ off after my last game.....I'm still wondering....

Or maybe you two don't even try to play D......

Matrix

We both were playing D Konex...I dont know what to tell you,this game sucks,I'm being honest here.

Matrix

Well something is off when I can catch a ball with 3 guys on me or when I can rush with ease like that,even after he picks the right D...I was knocking players over in my sleep.

My guys on D were just retarded and watched his WR's run by them...I got 2 ints cause he threw off the wrong foot a couple of times.

We both were playing real and didnt cheese shit up and we still came out with this absurd stats outcome.

Cloudy

Banned
Ok, I'm finally convinced that this isn't EQ or FMT screwed up the difficulty setting. Look up both games that you two played in the small EQ Legend league and look at this game....

Hell, when did Matrix get a running game? :p

Fifty

Hah! I quit my last game because I KNEW this was the case. I'm on strike until we start a new league with the proper settings....Yeah, that's my excuse!

Matrix

Yea something is off...Its either EQ is off or its on rookie :lol

Ramirez

We still scored an insane amount in our other EQ games too.I know the Steelers playbook a hell of alot better than the Panthers too.

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix score 24 combined in both EQ games you guys played and you obviously scored more on him because he wasn't very good in that league but the yardage for BOTH games combined was not EVEN close to this.

Unless you guys played a bullshit game, no way this is the same setting as the small EQ league. Look it up yourself...

Matrix

Yea,but since when could I run :lol

Top Bottom