• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

OFFICIAL Gamecube Controller Adapter Announced For Wii U!

Levito

Banned
Jan 16, 2011
I love the Gamecube controller, but this seems like a strange thing for Nintendo to invest in.

Majine

May 21, 2009
They really know they haven't been able to replicate the awesomeness that is the Gamecube controller.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Sep 13, 2010
Home
wow and I bought that mayflash one like a scrub. Oh well, awesome. Gamecube controller lives on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jun 7, 2009
Shocking, absolutely shocking. Nintendo is something else man. You really can't predict what they'll do.

GregLombardi

Dec 5, 2008
YES.

As I got to the end of the video I was like WTF, why wasn't this mentioned in the other thread? This is way more important news!

YES.

AcePartyN7

Sep 12, 2013
twitter.com
If only the GameCube games could work on Wii U this could make me buy one, all the library of Wii-Wii U and GC together will be amazing without count the virtual machine :D

LQX

Dec 18, 2008
If they are going to "officially" make something like that I don't see why they did not include functionality it for all past Nintendo controllers. It makes sense seeing as how eShop has games going back to the NES days. I so want to use a N64 and Super Nintendo controller again.

Fourth Storm

Feb 17, 2006
Why not just release a Gamecube style controller for Wii U? Do people still have controllers from 13 years ago in optimal shape?

Edit: Nevermind. Nice to have options!

Ryuelli

Jun 3, 2013
Awesome. I'm a bit disappointed to see that they're going the "items off" route for the latter part of the tournament though, items are the best way to play.