• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gran Turismo HD Concept Thread

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Ranger X said:
What? You're a PD guy or this game can be played somewhere? Sorry to ask i didn't read much into the whole thing.
There is a special version of GTHD at the 24 hours of Le-mans event.

Bebpo

Banned
I can't get stage6 to work at all on my office computer. I install the plugin and it still asks me to install the plugin in both firefox and IE :\

KennyL

Looks great. PD makes the best car models. self shadow still looks screwy though.... hope the graphic won't get dg with multiple cars. anyway, can't wait!

Sirolf

InterMoniker said:
LMFAO

Best am Cry Evvvvvarrrrrrrrrrrrr! :lol :lol :lol

Oh and thanks for the video Sirolf :)

Where did that event take place?

Yesterday :)

I will go again this weekend for the race and to see if the wheel was a G25 or not.Damn i was too excited so see that :lol

Pimpwerx

bud said:
i doubt gt5 is going to be in 1080p.
By their nature, racing games are the most likely to run at 1080p this gen. Why do you think PD was able to fit a "1080i" framebuffer in the GS's tiny 4MB eDRAM? The game will be 1080p, short of a comet destroying PDHQ. PEACE.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6172697.html

Late last year, Gran Turismo designer Kazunori Yamauchi told fans that the next installment in his popular driving simulation series would reflect a change in the franchise's core principles and become "a fully realized online car life simulation."

While it might not be on of the "core principles" Yamauchi referred to last year, the designer did confirm one change in store for the next Gran Turismo in a recent Polyphony Digital profile by French motorsports program Turbo. For the first time in a Gran Turismo game, players will be able to select an inside-the-car viewpoint with the steering wheel and dashboard visible.

"To translate the real car into 3D, we use data and assets provided by the car manufacturers, but we also use a scanner that completely digitizes a car," Yamauchi told the show. "Here's a scoop: We're also modeling the dashboards because you can drive from the interior view in the upcoming Gran Turismo 5."

When asked about the Gran Turismo 5 in-car views and recent rumors of downloadable content for Gran Turismo HD for the PlayStation 3, a Sony representative told GameSpot, "We haven't made any recent announcements on the GT franchise."

Hey, does anyone have a link to an HD version of the GT HD opening? I used to have it on my HDD but i can't find it, and only found SD versions on the internet so far.

Sirolf

mr_nothin said:
Soooo did Sirolf ever get that extra footage and pics?

Sorry for the late answer but no :(
It was pouring rain this day and it was a chaos both on the track and its surroundings.

painey

the way the camera bobs around on acceleration/deceleration is mind blowing, and the environments so much more lifelike than other sim games.

FightyF

Banned
shagg_187 said:
"To translate the real car into 3D, we use data and assets provided by the car manufacturers, but we also use a scanner that completely digitizes a car," Yamauchi told the show. "Here's a scoop: We're also modeling the dashboards because you can drive from the interior view in the upcoming Gran Turismo 5."

I really hope Yamauchi plays DiRT. The "helmet" cam is far better than the "cockpit" views found in PGR3 or TDU. Especially when playing on a projector or large screen. Hopefully they'll have both, like in DiRT.

tha_con

Banned
bud said:
i doubt gt5 is going to be in 1080p.

I bet you that it most definitely will. Maybe not native 1080p, but I'm 100% positive that it will support 1080p to some extent.

Let's be serious, if PD can squeeze enough juice to SOMEHOW make GT4 support some form of 1080i on the PS2, then there is absolutely no way that this 1st party developer with all of their financial resources and experienced staffing will NOT have 1080p support in some form for this game.

p3tran

Banned
didn't find anything related using search, so here is something from cvg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=167050

Gran Turismo 5 could be delayed to late 2008
Monday 2-Jul-2007 - Director Kaunori Yamauchi driving for perfection

The release of the highly-anticipated Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 could be pushed back as far as late 2008 says director Kaunori Yamauchi, who wants the game to be absolutely perfect before it's released.

Speaking with US-based Car and Drive magazine (via Gamers-Creed), Yamauchi touted spring 2008 as the earliest that the game could see release, but affirmed that Sony is more than willing to push that date back to the end of the year should his team need more time.

Yamauchi made reference to the cars as being one of the key time-consuming aspects of developing the game. It's taking 180 days for someone to build a car in the levels of detail required for GT5, as oppose to 30 days for GT3 and just one day for the original GT on PSone.

Crash damage has also once again been ruled out, Yamauchi saying that some companies don't want their cars smashed up in the game (despite damage featuring on the licensed cars of PGR, Forza and other games).

He also says adding the perfect damage system would mean changing the physics model of the game, and modelling each panel of every car separately, both normal and crumpled, with different lighting and shadows. Again, if other games can do it, why can't GT? They're not exactly short of time.

He did say, however, that crash damage could possibly be delivered as a post-release download, and that downloadable cars were a certainty.

Meanwhile, you'll have to make do with the minimalist offerings provided in GT HD for another year or more.

dowloadable damage?
is this legit or bogus?
if the game ships late 2008 as stated, then when will the damage system be available? <rolleyes>

Top Bottom