• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gran Turismo HD Concept Thread

yeah I think it will have about 12 cars on screen but it really depends how beautiful the environments look.

All it needs is a good LOD system if they nail that they could have 20 cars on screen but I think the final count will be about 12 - 15 cars

Jack B

SolidSnakex said:
I thought my expecations for GT5 were high. 20 cars on track at that detail? I'm thinkign they'll do 12 at the most. The game isn't releasing until sometime next year so they've got plenty of time to get everything in the game. They know they've got alot of expectations to meet.

Yeah, I'd be fine with 12, but 20 would be better. Especially, for tournaments or car club races where you might have more well behaved racers. 20 increases the odds or some drivers not behaving, but if you're fast enough, they get left behind fairly soon in most races. If they have dedicated servers or if netcode and the average internet bandwidth improves in 1-2 years, they could still do 20 online. PC sims have been doing this for years.

PD mentioned GT 5 would have 20 cars at E3 2005, so I believe that was their target. Hope they make it, but I could live with less if they get some of the other things right.

Pimpwerx

I want a field of 20 cars. I won't fret if it's at least 12 (14-15 seems to be the standard set by RR7 and MS), but I want 20. I'm greedy. :D PEACE.

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
Just for fun :

GTHDmontage.jpg

We need better tracks :D

I know they're all GT HD cars photoshoped into real cars but honestly, if someone asked me how do i know that i wouldn't know how to answer... TOO FREAKING REAL.

deepbrown

Is that the first time in the history of games that we have been able to do that convincingly? I mean maybe you could pick one of the sackguys out of LittleBigPlanet and put it among some cuddley toys...lol

But really...this hasn't been so convincing before right?

I know it's replay mode, so the AA is higher...but still.

Kangu

Banned
Just goes to show how far the track in GTHD is behind the cars. The main thing needed is more varied and realistic lighting and better textures.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Textures and lighting are completely fine imo. Par for the course actually. The thing about the tracks is that they feel empty. I would suggest more polygons rather than better textures/lighting. And it's only one track so far, so varied lighting is kinda moot until we see more tracks, hopefully with dynamic lighting changes (say if you wanted to race at night, mid-day, or in the morning on the same track).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
seb said:
Is the track actually reflecting on that wheel ??

Yes. Probably a cubemap or the same thing that is going on in that rearview mirror.

EDIT: Probably to test the shader, the shot is from the modeling program not the game itself.

Kittonwy said:
Do they have wireframe data from the manufacturers? If so I wonder if this will make it easier for them. I've never seen the inside of a Lancer, or a skyline for that matter, I wonder how similar the inside is from year to year.
Yes they get them directly from the the manufacturers, they also do traditional modeling and also scan real cars in with lasers.

ThirdEye

sugaki said:
Says a new GTHD Demo will be shown in LeMan as part of the week-long festivities. The Sarthe track will be newly introduced, as well as the Audi TT coupe and the Audi R8.

The special version of the GTHD demo will only be shown at the event.
I said wow

nws11815571664745784.jpg

nws11815571664924097.jpg

nws11815571665099307.jpg

AZ Greg

Picked up a PS3 about 3 weeks ago and I've already put a ton of time into GT:HD. It is amazing that this is just a taste, Gran Turismo 5 cannot get here soon enough.

I don't know much about photography, but I liked the way this picture came out with my camera:

gthd.jpg

Sirolf

sugaki said:
Says a new GTHD Demo will be shown in LeMan as part of the week-long festivities. The Sarthe track will be newly introduced, as well as the Audi TT coupe and the Audi R8.

Be happy fellow gaffers!!

I live in Le Mans and i will take my cam to "les 24h du Mans" :D

*does the happy dance*

Sirolf said:
Be happy fellow gaffers!!

I live in Le Mans and i will take my cam to "les 24h du Mans" :D

*does the happy dance*
I request shots of the Corvette Racing team cars.

Oh and some shots of this demo too if you get around to it...

Raist

Banned

Sooo... what does that mean exactly ? No VG websites will get footages, or this version won't show up on the PSN ?

btw, recently noticed that we have the 2.0 version in europe (and I think we had it from day 1), and when I browsed the japanese and US PSstores, it's only 1.2.

wtf ?

sugaki

I live my life one quarter-mile at a time
Valkyr Junkie said:
Not releasing the track/game on PSN is another blown opportunity by Sony.

They're generating plenty of interest on the web w/o it (this thread is proof of that). Plus the game is so far out as far as release goes that they need a slow burn.

Sirolf

Ok guys i have made my first video of GTHD Le Mans edition tonight.:)
But...since this is my very first time to upload a big movie on the net,i don't know where to host it.
The file is 330 Mb large.Any ideas ?
The R8 is the most beautiful work of art i've ever seen in a racing game :O

Sirolf said:
Ok guys i have made my first video of GTHD Le Mans edition tonight.:)
But...since this is my very first time to upload a big movie on the net,i don't know where to host it.
The file is 330 Mb large.Any ideas ?
The R8 is the most beautiful work of art i've ever seen in a racing game :O
Head to www.stage6.com friend, please ;). It's the best site to use when you want to get the content on the interwebs, all the free upload sites are slow and require users to wait.

Sirolf

Ynos Yrros said:
Head to www.stage6.com friend, please ;). It's the best site to use when you want to get the content on the interwebs, all the free upload sites are slow and require users to wait.

Thanks Ynos Yrros :)
My file is being converted from an AVCHD video to a MPG2 one so it will take some time (HD version is a PURE beauty but alas a bit tool large to upload).After that,i must convert it to a divx format(.mt2s -> .avi) and then upload it.
It will take some time !

Sirolf

Bad_Boy said:
Sweet video Sirolf. :D
Were they driving with a wheel, or a controller? I couldnt tell.

With a wheel and a playseat (i think!!).I will try to make some more videos (and pics) tomorrow :)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Sirolf said:
With a wheel and a playseat (i think!!).I will try to make some more videos (and pics) tomorrow :)
Sweet. logitech G25 perhaps? somebody needs to tell Kaz to support the h-pattern shifting + clutch. :D

Top Bottom