• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: Halo Infinite MP is Free-to-Play and will support 120FPS

ManaByte

Gold Member

giphy.gif

MiguelItUp

Good on them for confirming it. They're definitely making the right calls in the realm of social media.

Edit: Riiiight, cause what I said was really hysterical. They're obviously being transparent, and I approve of it. That's really it. Will the game be good? Who knows, at least they're handling all of this the right way.

Last edited:

BRZBlue

Free to play is great. That just means I don't have to pay MS anything for it right? And 120fps is also cool but I don't have anything capable of running a framerate that high so, eh?

That being said, I don't know if this is as HUGE as people are making out? The F2P shooter market is really damn competitive, and unless it brings something new to the table, I don't really see it being some second-coming of Halo.

sn0man

It is 2020 and MS is trying to come hard at Sony PS5, and Epic/Steam on PC. I think this is a smart move. They didn't have to do this, but it aligns with their services mindset. Smart smart. I hope it works for them.

Who is buying Halo at full RRP price but doesn't have gold or GP

Vs

People getting the game on GP so it comes with Gold.

I mean, i appreciate the gesture, but is this going to benefit literally anyone?

Infamy v1

120FPS Halo, sweet baby fucking Jesus! Halo has always been known for its buttery-smooth gameplay (that's why I laugh at people talking graphics), but 120fps? Fuck me sideways.

I cant even imagine:

Xbox Series X (+S) + free on Game Pass + xCloud which is free on Gamepass + Steam

F2P Halo is gonna be a content creators dream when it comes to Forge, etc.

Holy shit.

TigerKnee

Still not 100% confirmation with free multiplayer on all XB going games forward but it's starting to look like it!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
4k 120? Not many tvs will support that will they?

Not 4k120.
The game supports 4K and has a 120fps mode.

The 120fps mode will not be 4K.
For people who take their onlinage seriously the resolution isnt "that" important....the frame rate is much more important.

If the game is 1080p120 eSports fans will be all over it, and they already have the monitors that support that refresh rate.

People seem to think the game will be 4K at 120fps in multiplayer.....get out!
People who want visuals in MP (who?) will go with the 60fps mode.....people who only want the best response times will be playing the game at 120fps.

Best of both worlds for me.
Got a 1440p144Hz screen, so campaign ill play at 60fps, multiplayer ill be playing at 120fps.

NickFire

MS is going into the weekend locked and loaded with this news. Confirmation of no more paywall for F2P games will mean every Xbox comes packed in with a flagship title that can be forever played at no additional cost. Props to MS whether they require gold or not for this news. Triple props with cherries on top if Gold is not needed to play it.

Top Bottom