• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii) Thread -- It puts the 'hot' in shotgun!

markatisu

Just in case anyone was wondering the NERF gun works great with this game as well, my wife used it last night and almost had 90% accuracy in all levels compared to me who was using the Wii Zapper.

Has anyone unlocked the last video, I think you need all the gold brains to do it and we are lacking two which we cannot seem to get regardless of how many times we try

so i beat the ballistic trauma with 90%+ accuracy and i didnt unlock the shotgun. do i have to buy all the guns. i bought the smg thinking i could farm money... and now im SOL.

loving the game so far, my shoulder is not used to this especially since I dont normally have a desk job (until now) and play shooters.

KevinCow

Banned
Shinz Kicker said:
so i beat the ballistic trauma with 90%+ accuracy and i didnt unlock the shotgun. do i have to buy all the guns. i bought the smg thinking i could farm money... and now im SOL.

loving the game so far, my shoulder is not used to this especially since I dont normally have a desk job (until now) and play shooters.
That just means you'll unlock the model of it. You still need to buy it to use it.

I don't think you can farm for money, but I'm pretty sure there's enough money to buy and fully upgrade every gun. I think one of the unlockables is to buy and fully upgrade all weapons.

markatisu

Sega update their site

http://sega.com/hodoverkill
Overkill fans, it’s about time we made good on a promise. Remember back when so many of you asked us for more pictures, media, and especially some of the groovy music tracks in the game? We said they were coming - and here they are!

The Kit has screenshots, character art and sketches, wallpapers, and some MP3 tracks from the game -Washington’s Theme and the very awesome Zombie Shuffle. As a fan of the series, I put this together with some hidden extras too, but you’ll have to follow your House of the Dead lore to find your way to the extra goodies… Once you download it, extract it to make sure you can take part in our little scavenger hunt.

Enjoy, and hope you’re all having a blast with Overkill! We took a slightly different approach in making this Fan Site Kit unique, so I’d love to hear what you guys think of it.

Hey GAF, my friend is a huge fan of the series when it was prevalent in the arcade, and he's considering purchasing this or The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return. He only has enough cash for one at this moment. Any advice I can pass on?

Link

The Autumn Wind
How does the Perfect Shot work with this game? I picked up a couple on the cheap while picking the bones of Circuit City, and I need a new game to use them with.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The folders in the fankit are completely nonsensical. :lol

HotD-TheHeck01.png

Each folder is like a text adventure. :lol

Edit- There's MadWorld screenshots (well, "a" screenshot), "Beware of the Tails Doll", and a hobo. :lol :lol

Go319

SabinFigaro said:
Hey GAF, my friend is a huge fan of the series when it was prevalent in the arcade, and he's considering purchasing this or The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return. He only has enough cash for one at this moment. Any advice I can pass on?

IMO get Overkill! I have all of them, and im having the most fun with this.

PLUS he can listen to a great soundtrack featuring the lyrics:

House Of The Dead: Overkill, its not just good, its fucking delicious!

Critics said "Its Fucking Good"
Other critics said "Its Mother Fucking Good"
A street corner prostitute said "I would suck that guys dick!"
A toothless crack whore said "Give me a chicken dinner!"

House Of The Dead: Overkill, Fucked up things!

-Critic's Choice, HOTD:Overkill

:lol :D :lol :D :lol

KevinCow

Banned
Link said:
How does the Perfect Shot work with this game? I picked up a couple on the cheap while picking the bones of Circuit City, and I need a new game to use them with.
Perfect Shots and this game go together like... uh... two things that go together really well. I dunno, I suck at analogies. But they're awesome. Especially if you have two of them, because dual wielding is awesome.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
pakkit said:
Most of the quotes are from House of the Dead 2.

There are some great extras, though.

Oh I know the quotes, but some of them really don't make sense. :lol

maxmars

Finally got to play yesterday, it's every bit as good as you people told here. I've played a couple of levels and I didn't encounter bugs or other problems (I was worried about that), the content is really over the top and all around great.

I am now scheduling light gun evenings with friends. :D

It's crazy that the two coolest (not necessarily best) games I have ever played in my life are on the Wii, this and No More Heroes.

It's starting to become grueling to complete the upgrades on my last gun in Story Mode. By now I've gotten most of the special bonuses for each level and have to get by on a piddly $200 or so for adding another high score to the list.

Also tried Director's Cut last night. After replaying Story so much with the automatic shotgun, going back to the magnum with extra mutants running around was a huge difficulty spike. The last boss is going to be a pain with only three lives available.

By the way, was this posted (from Gamepress via Go Nintendo) ?

PitStop Productions receive critical acclaim for their House of the Dead: Overkill soundtrack

A game’s sound doesn’t often grab the headlines, but with the release of the SEGA blockbuster, House of the Dead: Overkill, PitStop Productions have placed themselves firmly in the top tier of Game Audio. The developer, Headstrong Games approached PitStop to provide script development, sound design and voice production for the zombie gore-fest. The results speak for themselves:

“..brilliant writing and voice acting”
Gamespot

“And the music is fabulous, surely a soundtrack of the year candidate; note-perfect parodies of vintage funk and rockabilly, with thumping, dirty electro remixes for the boss battles.”
Eurogamer

“Sound: 10/10 - The voice work is hilarious and the music is an orgasm for the ears”
Cubed3

“Because we were asked to produce the script as well as the music voice and sound design for House of the Dead, we were able to make sure that the audio was an integrated part of the game – the feel of the music, the voices, the sound design, they all fit together.”
John Sanderson
Managing Director

So what makes Pit Stop so different? Fresh thinking. Without the overheads of large central London facilities, Pit Stop are able to provide top quality assets at realistic prices. With two in-house composers, and experience ranging from west end musicals to chart topping dance tunes Pit Stop are the UK’s leading provider of bespoke, royalty free music. Because Pit Stop’s composers are not affiliated to the MCPS/PRS alliance, when you buy music from Pit Stop, you own it – to use however you like.

Whatever the project, PitStop take the same pride and attention to detail on every element – from the smallest sound effect to the provision of a full set of audio assets. It’s an approach that has meant that within the last 12 months, Pit Stop has been chosen for projects with SEGA, Sony, Codemasters, Microsoft, Kuju, Rockstar, Climax, Empire, Team 17, Gamerholix, and Blitz.

The greatness of this game's soundtrack and script can't be stated enough. They totally deserve the praises they are getting.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VOOK said:
Good news everyone!

allgames.gif

Awesome news, but the Australian market is pretty weird. The weirdest shit will pop up in the Top 10 from time to time, and the likes the Brain Age, Wii Fit, Mario Kart, and Wii Play have been there for months with no sign of slowing down.

Glad to see it there though and hopefully it stays in the Top 10 for a few weeks. The market is pretty small though, considering, and it needs to shine in Europe and the US.

markatisu

EatChildren said:
Glad to see it there though and hopefully it stays in the Top 10 for a few weeks. The market is pretty small though, considering, and it needs to shine in Europe and the US.

Well as far as the UK is concerned its now been two weeks in the Top 15, if the US follows suit and its at least in the Wii Top 10 (Wii games do not need to chart in the NPD Top 20 to be successful, its nice though) then I think Sega will be well on their way to getting what they expect

Its already doing better than any previous light gun game has done before, and word of mouth as well as advertising is very strong.

Teknoman

Anyone had a hard crash with the game before? Second run through Ballistic Trauma tonight (waiting to go through the Carnival stage on co-op) and it hard froze during the second section of the stage. Hope its just a game bug and not my Wii.

EDIT: Wtf Tails doll?!

yoopoo

Banned
Got the game from Gamefly today - holy shit its fucking retarded insane :lol

Played it for two hours straight. Love it.

Teknoman said:
Anyone had a hard crash with the game before? Second run through Ballistic Trauma tonight (waiting to go through the Carnival stage on co-op) and it hard froze during the second section of the stage. Hope its just a game bug and not my Wii.

EDIT: Wtf Tails doll?!

It never sleeps...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
SabinFigaro said:
Tell him to get Overkill, Sega needs the support. 2&3 Return is like $20 now anyways, he can buy it a week or so later when he gets his next paycheck.

VegaShinra

I still find myself playing this game. It's soo much fun with friends. They all love the music of the game. :lol Thank you Sega for a great Wii title.

farnham

Banned
I completed HOTDOK today and...

its a great game.. short but without any part of the game that feels like a filler.. its just a thrillride.. 2 hours of pure fun..

so much muthafuckin though.. unbelievable..

and :lol :lol at the ending..

markatisu

Any tips on how to get the first gold brain in Directors Cut (Papas Palace?)

My wife and I played this weekend and got every single brain but that one, I am thinking of just shooting at anything with the auto shotgun in the hopes we can hit it

Beat the game I don't know how many times but it never gets old, had a 4min Goregasm too which doubles my previous best....only a stutter killed it because by the time I shot the mutant/zombie had moved (grrr)

Kevtones

I promised myself I'd play and get every Story Mode achievement before I went through DC and I finally did last. Unfortunately, I got through and beat Ballistic Trauma last night only to see it freeze/crash during the ending cinema :(

Gotta' say the DC is fucking awesome so far. Its VERY DIFFERENT and pretty much a different set levels when it comes down to it.

My favorite track is the backing one to Jailhouse, although all of it is amazing. This might be the best soundtrack of the year, or even the gen for me.

KevinCow

Banned
In the first level, there's a chandelier you can shoot to fall down on a bunch of mutants. Does anyone know if there are other bits like that? Things you can shoot for special things to happen?

Fredescu

farnham said:
2 hours of pure fun..
I've completed it a few times and never actually timed it, but isn't it more like four hours? I usually allow about half an hour a chapter. There's no way they're only 15mins long.

KevinCow said:
In the first level, there's a chandelier you can shoot to fall down on a bunch of mutants. Does anyone know if there are other bits like that? Things you can shoot for special things to happen?

Good question, I haven't found some comparable things in different stages and I am using the MiniGun by shooting on everything...

yoopoo

Banned
Auto shotgun is the best damn weapon. If you get the 'psycho' combo an american flag comes on the screen :lol

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Fredescu said:
The American flag is for Goregasm, which is the level after psychotic. God I love the way he says "PSYCHOTIC!"

He sounds exactly like Jack Black when he say that.

Top Bottom