• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jump Festa 2009 Thread

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Event starts in several hours...

Here's what you can expect:

- S-E closed theatre line-up + descriptions (FNC FFXIII, KH games, 3rd Birthday)
- New demo impressions of KH DS, KH BbS
- Demo impressions of DQIX
- Possibly a new DQIX trailer
- Blue Dragon DS trailer and demo impressions at the Namco booth
- Possibly a new Tales of... (Wii) trailer with a proper title announcement
- New Arc Rise Fantasia demo impressions (it should be a brand new build compared to the TGS one)
- Cranky duckroll

Square's booth: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/jf09/booth/

Official site: http://www.jumpfesta.com/

Will update OP when information starts coming in.

Final Fantasy XIII:

Apparently this trailer stars a new male character who has a "shota" like nature. We'll be expecting another feminine character as per usual.
There is supposed to have been new never seen before battle footage with Snow fighting. They're defending Vanilla.
They summon Shiva during the battle shown. She freezes them using Ice magic and then runs them over in her motorcycle form.

Battles are seamless.

Some new girl, has a bob cut style haircut? oriental style appearance. Seems to take a bit from Rikku in 10-2, that's the feeling she gives off anyway.

A lot of other characters are on screen too.

Lightning working on planning a prison break from where they're being kept; a restraint holding them from entering the main area of the Cocoon?. Lightning is planning it and Snow is taking leadership of the operation

Lightning is in a straight jacket or something. I think this is where it breaks into the original footage when they're on the train and she takes out some of the Cocoon soldiers.

Snow is talking about his ambition to protect Sera and the people of the world but apparently, according to Lightning, Sera has already been captured by the Fal'Cie.

Because of this Lightning belts Snow
Lightning: You didn't protect her! did you! < or something like that

Snow: therefore I came to help!

Lightning puts down her fists.

They show the battle here.
The battle is as flashy as it has been previously mentioned in small amounts in interviews etc.
The quickness and motion in the battle is the most furious and heated FF has ever seen. They were thinking along the lines of FF7AC style it seems.

Shows a bit of the command, jumping is in the game as said previously but the writer of the blog says he was unable to tell how it happened.

In the Cocoon there is a warning voice being projected. It was hard to hear what was being said over the noise of the music etc.

Event scene:

Snow and Lightning help someone being taken away by a solider? Snow takes a Bazooka like weapon from a downed Soldier and delivers a counter attack.

By the way, Snow gives a machine gun to someone, the suspect being taken by the soldiers? She introduces herself as Vanilla.

Another battle, snow summons shiva and freezes stuff then completely destroys them all.

By the way, all voices are in the trailer now, for each character.

Thanks to Autumn Thread.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII:
The new trailer is an extension of the conversation that was shown at TGS.

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts DS delayed until Spring 2009.

Tales of...:

Bandai Namco didn't specifically state that the new Wii "mothership" entry in the Tales series would be shown at this year's Jump Festa. But everyone knew it would show up.

And it did, but just for a few minutes. Towards the end of a lengthy Tales of Hearts stage, which featured as its centerpiece a live voice skit performed by Kohaku voice actress Marina Inoue and Hisue voice actor Masaya Matsukaze, Tales of series brand manager Hideo Baba said that the stage event was turning into a "new product announcement" event. He then went on to introduce the Wii game.

New revelations from his introduction... well, there was just one. Baba said that the game has been in development for two years.

He then shared a trailer for the game, but it was just the same trailer that was included on the Tales of Hearts pre-order disk.

so closed fucking theater again from Square?

wtf they always do these things :/

they hate us fans it seems.

and when will they stop making these totaly useless and uninportant CG movies and start releasing gameplay trailers that are important!

AHH I hate square but I love the FF series more than any other game out there

Tenbatsu

jf_title_mh3.jpg

Please try MH3 Tri for those who are going!:D

Yazus

Let the hype train begin!

Are closed mega theater leaks coming or we can expect to have them by Square like 5 months later?

If there are Gameplay Footage we need them nao.

Also lets not forget about tri-Ace games (another trailer? There were a new one a few days ago so we can forget about it lol. But some info/characters could be nice)

And lets not forget about Kingdom Hearts BBS/DS and FFVXIII.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
robertsan21 said:

and when will they stop making these totaly useless and uninportant CG movies and start releasing gameplay trailers that are important!

To spite you and me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yazus said:
Let the hype train begin!

Are closed mega theater leaks coming or we can expect to have them by Square like 5 months later?

If there are Gameplay Footage we need them nao.

Also lets not forget about tri-Ace games (another trailer? There were a new one a few days ago so we can forget about it lol. But some info/characters could be nice)

And lets not forget about Kingdom Hearts BBS/DS and FFVXIII.

I don't think there's ever been a proper leak of the Closed Mega Theater FF trailers besides someone capturing the sound at TGS... there should be details though.

Yazus

Kagari said:
I don't think there's ever been a proper leak of the Closed Mega Theater FF trailers besides someone capturing the sound at TGS... there should be details though.

Ok thanks for the info :D

So now we can expect impressions/detail and some few months later Square Enix will hopefully give us the trailers i hope :D

Bandai announced its future milking of Dragon Ball in advance with DBZ Story for DS and DB Movie Game for PSP. A month ago I half joked how we would get Burst Limit 2, Tenkaichi 4, something new and DB DS 2. Well, so far there's 2 two new titles and I'm still sure Bandai will do the other ones.

DQX wii will be nice to see
KH3 lol ok im just going down the crazy street

it about time they show somthing new on FFcc for wii

and gameplay of ff13 overworld

Zihark

Is koei there? Any chance of them showing Samurai Warriors 3? Waiting for ARF demo impressions and Tales of news:)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
jump_button said:
DQX wii will be nice to see
KH3 lol ok im just going down the crazy street

it about time they show somthing new on FFcc for wii

and gameplay of ff13 overworld

That's probably the most unrealistic part of your post, and that's saying something!

Hopefully Blue Dragon DS won't suck. WTB a sequel on consoles.

Other than that, only interested in FF13/DQ news from the looks of things.

robertsan21 said:

There is a good reason for the closed theater. They want to leave people with memories that they can turn into impressions for the internet. If they release the trailers directly, people (like you) will sit on the internet going through the trailer frame by frame bitching the whole time.

A new One Piece game using the Ultimate Ninja Storm graphics engine that features two modes of play. An action/RPG mode that spans the entire series and a 3D battle mode featuring over 60 characters with new characters created by Oda just for the game. Online mode with team battle too!

Haha, just kidding. Anyway, I want more manga news out of this than game news.

[Nintex]

Great gif...

But anyway, all aboard the hypetrain, we've had so many conferences that sucked that this one has got to be awesome. FFCC:CB, FFXIII trailers a Dragon Quest X teaser and hopefully some more awesome games from Japan. :D

Muffdraul

I'm always up for another ride on the FFXIII Hype Roller Coaster.

"2008 will be the year of Final Fantasy XIII." - Tetsuya Nomura, Jan. 2008

There's still time! BELIEVE!

Zoe

[Nintex] said:
But anyway, all aboard the hypetrain, we've had so many conferences that sucked that this one has got to be awesome.

Except this isn't a games conference.

Top Bottom