• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sho Nuff

Banned
66j2u7m.jpg

OH MY GOD YOU DIDNT SEE THE SECOND PICTURE

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Here we go..

There's nothing wrong with the background wall textures, to my eye, they look quite detailed in fact (I'm talking about the actual wall texture..the white and brown stuff). I think some of you are confusing the shadow with textures.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Texture looks awesome on the walls, weirdos.

The enemy, colors, weapon model looks freakin insane.

Wollan said:
That model is unbelievably good. That scene should look insane in motion.
calm down dude, it is difficult to tell anything. The model looks good in the small pic, but the background looks a bit strange...Im pretty confident the game will look good though

peace

Yoboman

I'm guessing it's a GDC pic then

Either way, it tells us nothing. Can't see if the models are better or worse, whether the environments are still as big and lively or whether the animation is still incredible

Sho Nuff said:
66j2u7m.jpg

OH MY GOD YOU DIDNT SEE THE SECOND PICTURE

wow 333mhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

KZ and Halo get the same treatment, massive hype crying for anything at all...Im cautiously optimistic about this game, but it needs to impress.

peace

VonGak!

Banned
Wait what, Motherm/Seb said "Yup guys, it is real. It is a little bit early, but it is 100% in-game. ".

Does that mean he feels it looks even better now? Must be the environment and not the character model, not the model.

Mononofu

buckfutter said:
Does he mean early as in it's from a long time ago, or early as in we weren't supposed to see it yet?

I believe its the former, to state that the pick leaked early is obvious.

Anyways this is more waiting.

Sho Nuff

Banned
VonGak! said:
Wait what, Motherm/Seb said "Yup guys, it is real. It is a little bit early, but it is 100% in-game. ".

Does that mean he feels it looks even better now? Must be the environment and not the character model, not the model.

That probably means it runs at double the frame rate now in 1080P with realtime raytracing! oh my god!!!

Dave1988

This thread is going places. It looks like I'm the only one that's not hyped about K2 at all.

NEOGAF MAKE ME BERIEVE!.

buckfutter said:
Does he mean early as in it's from a long time ago, or early as in we weren't supposed to see it yet?

That wasn't clarified. If I had to guess it was probably from their GDC presentation.

The fact that folks are already picking apart a 490x276 picture doesn't bode well either way though. :lol

Jaagen

Wollan: Do you know when this conference is in Norwegian time?

And I'm calling it now. And this is not a flamebait post, that's not the intent, but Killzone 2 will look better(and have better physivs) than Halo 3(that however, doesn't mean that Killzone will be the better game in the end.)

Karma Kramer said:
I CAN LIKE BOTH GAMES PEOPLE! ITS NOT A ALL OR NOTHING THING OR SOMETHING>>>

I JUST LIKE FPS GAMES>>>
This is nonsense. You shall make your decision now! Which will it be... Halo, or Killzone?

But in all seriousness I too think KZ2 will be awesome. I've always loved the art/universe of KZ, and I even watched through all of the cutscenes to get an idea of what the story is all about! It may be the game that forces me to buy a PS3 (along with MGS4).

Sho Nuff

Banned
200px-Jimross.jpg

"Oh muh gawd! I do not exaggerate when I state that those are the most staggering 135,240 pixels that I have seen in the history of the Internet."

CrushDance said:
what's your problem? Everyones just having fun.

I'm extrapolating because of what I know about the power of the TRIPLE

Sin

That pic is from an early video which was being shown to distributors around March I believe.

Motherh did say its from an early build...

It's too grainy and small to make any calls, but the model looks great and they seem to be throwing a lot of geometry at the gun.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sin said:
That pic is from an early video which was being shown to distributors around March I believe.

Motherh did say its from an early build...

He didn't, he said the pic was shown early (i.e. USAToday showed it early).

Whether it was from a video from March are not, it looks like it's one of the screens Sony will be releasing to the media today..I'm not sure how inclined I am to believe it's from March given that.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Watch Sony reveal a new controller for specifically playing FPS's and compete with the accuracy of the wiimote to be launched with K2.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
gofreak said:
He didn't, he said the pic was shown early (i.e. USAToday showed it early).

Whether it was from a video from March are not, it looks like it's one of the screens Sony will be releasing to the media today..I'm not sure how inclined I am to believe it's from March given that.

Actually no he didn't, the quote really could be interpreted two ways. I'm sure it is from the latest build but we don't know for a fact.

I agree though, if it was released to USA Today it's unlikely to be from march. But we'll see soon enough, it looks kick ass enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom