• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (PSP) Import thread of Convoluted Nonsense

drkOne

OP fits perfectly. I guess I'm just going to play it without caring for the story, what ruined KH2 was trying to understand what the hell was going on.

dionysus

Yaldog
How does a one winged person fly Nomura? This question must be answered! Out of all the absurdities, this is the one I can't stomach!

soco

ok i thought i just missed something and that's why the story didn't make any sense. good to know i'm not alone!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
*cue Barry voice from American Dad* YOU'RE OVER THINKING IT!

Edit:

A perfect example:

dionysus said:
How does a one winged person fly Nomura? This question must be answered! Out of all the absurdities, this is the one I can't stomach!

How is it that a little
slutty
fairy sprinkling dandruff on Peter Pan makes him fly? Same thing, its a game, based on Disney which is based on fairy tales. Its obscure impossible and fun... god and KH isn't even my favorite series o_O

You might as well ask how firing the gunblade doesn't break Squall's wrist, how Cloud can even hold a sword that by all logic should outweigh him, etc.

Deadly

Awesome. Awesome OP. :lol
About the game though, if Terra really is Xehanort, I wonder if it'll make us a bit more sympathetic to his actions in the future considering what he's been through and what he wants.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Amazing OP :lol

Also, as side note, Master Eraqus voiced by Makio Inoue, of Lupin III fame. He rarely does VA now...

Amazing OP. It's kind of sad that I can understand all that (and the later Ansem post - though Terra needs to be added to the mix of that one, as does Vanitas).

Sipowicz

Banned
what the hell man, i thought this was about a little boy fighting monsters with mickey mouse

i'm not buying this any more

I remember a time when Kingdom Hearts was my favorite PS2 game.

Somewhere after that, perhaps during my brief time with Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, my full playthrough of Kindgom Hearts 2, or the first 100 of 358 days out of 2, I admitted to myself this series is entirely devoid of interesting fiction AND gameplay for me.

Kingdom Hearts, this OP is the best thing there will ever be about you. Fuck you Kingdom Hearts. I love you but I'm not coming back.

JayDubya

Banned
I feel satisfied knowing that Kingdom Hearts is in fact, light...

... and that designing random levels around Disney films makes for a terrible plot with poor character development.

Still... Action RPG with a difficulty setting (Thank you!) and fantastic graphics featuring classic Final Fantasy characters and monsters... Yeah, I know why I ultimately finished the first one, but this thread reminds me why I've stayed the fuck away from more.

lupinko

After that op I definitely don't regret my preorder and now am consider regretting to have to wait as this will ship along with Valkyria 2. :lol

Dyno

Yeah KH tops the list of nonsensical video games. Playing the first I got to see it, watching my wife play the baffling second game cemented it.

Learning that Advent Children was written by the same people makes perfect sense. They are completely incapable of writing a simple story with a proper beginning, middle, and end.

Korey

It's funny because it's true. I've played both PS2 versions and tried the recent DS one and I just don't get any of it. What's up with the popsicles?? And I still don't get what Organization XIII's purpose is...or what Kingdom Hearts is.

The KH plot isn't that complex guys.

It just requires A) Suspension of Disbelief. Seeing as I'm playing a game with Donald Duck in it I think I can do that. B) Playing the games in the series.

OK, you are probably going to be confused if you don't play all the games, but if you do you're golden.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Durante said:
I have very little interest in the series, but this is one of the most entertaining OPs ever. Well done.
Yes. Hell had it not been for the OP I wouldn't have known that those were supposed to be different people. Nomura's the worst thing to happen to Japanese gaming ever.

And thakns to Bebpo's awesome post I now know he looks like one of his own douchebag charaters! :lol

Jive Turkey said:
Yes. Hell had it not been for the OP I wouldn't have known that those were supposed to be different people. Nomura's the worst thing to happen to Japanese gaming ever.

I can guarantee that your retarded post is thousands of times worst then even the worst sketches to come off of Nomuras discarded character designs.

Also, this OP is terrible. It tells nothing about the game, throws stuff in that is likely meaningless. If I didn't know anything about this game I'd still know nothing.

PataHikari said:
I can guarantee that your retarded post is thousands of times worst then even the worst sketches to come off of Nomuras discarded character designs.

Also, this OP is terrible. It tells nothing about the game, throws stuff in that is likely meaningless. If I didn't know anything about this game I'd still know nothing.

I think the OP is better this way than if he'd actually made some proper effort with it, Kagari's efforts with the FFXIII thread went to shit with the whole thread being people moaning about stuff they'd read instead of actual impressions

BlazingDarkness said:
I think the OP is better this way than if he'd actually made some proper effort with it, Kagari's efforts with the FFXIII thread went to shit with the whole thread being people moaning about stuff they'd read instead of actual impressions
And this is why we can't have nice things

The story makes no sense but the games are still awesome. :D

Don't own a PSP for this game but I can wait whenever I get a PSP eventually (and this might be evil but since the PSP isn't doing well at all except for Japan could that mean price cuts?)

OP was one of the funniest things I have read in a while. Great sense of humor. I loved FF VII: AC and disagree with that minor detail, but you sure have the KH series pegged though. Can't wait to play BBS.

Top Bottom