• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Kart Wii Thread of Official Mario Kart

ivysaur12

Banned
MrCheez said:
No
Shy Guy
or
R.O.B.
:( Oh well,
Koopa Troopa and Dry Bones
make me happy. And
Funky Kong
is a pretty hilarious and unexpected addition!

Oh, and I still think
FOUR FREAKING BABIES
is way WAY overkill... but I guess everyone feels the exact same way about it so there isn't much point in complaining anymore :p

I agree with this post.

later

CubeRevolution said:
You can invite people from your Wii-friendlist and add them automatically to Mario Kart Wii (if your Wii-friend confirm the invite).

WHAT ABOUT THE PEDOPHILES???

dkeane

CubeRevolution said:
You can invite people from your Wii-friendlist and add them automatically to Mario Kart Wii (if your Wii-friend confirm the invite).
Seriously? For Nintendo that's blowing my mind. Baby steps Nintendo.

later

studio810 said:
Seriously? For Nintendo that's blowing my mind. Baby steps Nintendo.

Why would it blow your mind? If the user already is on your friends list the friendship is already confirmed and there is no need to type the FC again.. I don't think they will ever have invites to random strangers, though.

later

. Using the Wii pointer, you can view the current group champion – or run through the group top ten – and download a player's track ghost data.

Awesome that you can download the top users ghost data :)

CubeRevolution said:
So does the game use the same friendcode as your console?

Jiggy

Relix said:
Someone show me something to be hyped for this game. I need the hype.
You, Relix, will be able to play as Luigi in a second online Wii game and destroy us all. D:

BuzzJive

CubeRevolution said:

I was really expecting them to debut this with Smash Bros, but it's nice to see it show up here.

Man I can't wait for this game.

thomaser

I have played it a couple of hours now, and the
Maple Trees and Volcano-tracks
are instant classics :D Using the wheel is fun, but I press too hard with my right thumb when I use it, so I tire easily in that hand. Probably just something I'll get used to. Haven't played against anyone online yet, but I added a friend and that was very quick and easy. Being able to race against downloadable ghosts in time-attack is also a Very Good Thing. Impressed so far! Oh, and I love racing in 3d-fied SNES and GBA-tracks!

Kobayashi

I've just been playing online for a few hours...

This game ROCKS! Very smooth 12 player online matches, with loads of stuff going on!

GOTY? :p

dyls

CubeRevolution said:

:eek:

:O

This is like the megaton of all megatons. I've been waiting for this since this infernal service began. Finally a use for the 60-odd people I have in my Wii friend-list with whom my only communication was the two or three Miis we sent each other 14 months ago.

Please, Nintendo, for the love of God, make this the standard. It has been the single biggest impediment in the entire service. Imagine, having to write down only one 12-digit code per person, it's...it's...it's actually usable.

*cries*

dyls said:
:eek:

:O

This is like the megaton of all megatons. I've been waiting for this since this infernal service began. Finally a use for the 60-odd people I have in my Wii friend-list with whom my only communication was the two or three Miis we sent each other 14 months ago.

Please, Nintendo, for the love of God, make this the standard. It has been the single biggest impediment in the entire service. Imagine, having to write down only one 12-digit code per person, it's...it's...it's actually usable.

*cries*

i agree...

if this was standard it means basicly the end of FC , since you would have to add your friends one to Wii and then just invite them. It soolves 2 problems:

1: Nintendos paranoia

2: Typing a code for every single game

luffeN

soooo, i played some hours now.. and i am not that amazed, kinda disappointed a little :( it feels like double dash to me, dont ask me why. maybe its the getting used to waggle. will try it with a cube controller this evening.

and as i wrote in the freeloader thread: freeloader boot once and just play mario kart. funny thing: if i insert mario kart without the freeloader it doesnt even start oO

lopaz

Banned
banKai said:
soooo, i played some hours now.. and i am not that amazed, kinda disappointed a little :( it feels like double dash to me, dont ask me why. maybe its the getting used to waggle. will try it with a cube controller this evening.

and as i wrote in the freeloader thread: freeloader boot once and just play mario kart. funny thing: if i insert mario kart without the freeloader it doesnt even start oO

are you using an import version then?

CubeRevolution said:
OMG ****ING FINALLLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey can you please tell me how many freinds you can have on your MKWii Friend Roster?

Please dont say 32!! >_>

Proven

After watching some youtube videos...

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE PUT UP A VIDEO WITHOUT SPOILERS WHO CAN POWERSLIDE, TRICK, AND WHEELIE CORRECTLY?

Why is it that most of the people that get a game early and upload to youtube always are either the worst or just most ignorant players? A bunch of them even have a manual!

jts

...hate me...
WiiRevolution1 said:
OMG ****ING FINALLLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey can you please tell me how many freinds you can have on your MKWii Friend Roster?

Please dont say 32!! >_>

NeonZ

gwiz210 said:
Has anyone unlocked a "any kart/bike with any character" option yet?

There's a screenshot of
Rosalina
with Bowser's bike, so there's something like that (though I guess it's limited by weight classes like in Double Dash).

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Anyone got a UK site that ships to Australia, sif wait 2 weeks for the game to get here.

Ta

Tiktaalik

Does anyone on GAF have this yet? There are some impressions up from folks on Somethingawful's Games board, and they don't sound very good.

Dreavus

MrCheez said:
So I'm reading that it looks like they didn't change the restriction of "Teams Only" in balloon burst battle mode that we heard early reports of. So if you're playing with 3 people... you're forced into 2 on 1. And it's no longer an elimination type of mode where if you're balloons are gone, you're done... instead losing a balloon just gives the other person a point and if you lose all three you get three more.

YIKES. WHY would they do this. This is the most absurd thing I've ever heard :(

I'm a little late on this reply but HOLY SHIT SCREW UP if true.

Can anyone confirm this for sure? D:

Is this for online?

Offline mode it puts you onto teams with AI members to fill in the remaining players not human controlled.

It's a score count match where the team with most points at the end of the time limit wins. This was in the final build of the NA version I played this past weekend in San Diego, but again, this is all to offline.

(FYI, earlier I said something about no boosts - I realized i was playing in AUTOMATIC mode, Manual Mode you can drift+power boost, so we'll see if snaking is still possible).

Top Bottom