• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official May 2007 NPD Prediction Thread

Chiggs

Cruceh said:
Nah, the meltdowns will make staying up that extra hour worth it.

Do most of the meltdowns occur within the first five pages? Seems like it takes a little for things to develop.

To answer people's questions about the three strikes thing. In N'Gai Croal's blog it was posted that annonymous sources had been saying that if the PS3 was below 100k for three straight months, you would start to see developers pull their multi-console titles from the PS3. The assosiation with Ubisoft is incorrect, I believe. The source remains annonymous.

Gekkonidae said:
To answer people's questions about the three strikes thing. In N'Gai Croal's blog it was posted that annonymous sources had been saying that if the PS3 was below 100k for three straight months, you would start to see developers pull their multi-console titles from the PS3. The assosiation with Ubisoft is incorrect, I believe. The source remains annonymous.

Sorry. I shaved off a few seconds of my response time by upgrading my flywheel from stock.

:)

Ramenman

bune duggy said:
might help with those Japan-time issues as well. :)

NEVAR. Japan Time can't be helped.

There was already an international countdown for the SSBB thing, the fact is just that the site didn't open at midnight ^^

Parl

Gekkonidae said:

Thanks. And thanks to BenjaminBirdie too. Pretty interesting. Any link that can be provided by anybody?

ffs people, figure it out for yourself:

525a8hf.png

Ramenman said:
NEVAR. Japan Time can't be helped.

There was already an international countdown for the SSBB thing, the fact is just that the site didn't open at midnight ^^
ah, I see. couldn't remember the particulars of that case.

felipeko

Parl said:
Neh, just months I'm afraid. But several months, at least.
C'mon this is a sales thread. Trends show us taht neoGAF will remain the best for years to come...

But yea, sales age don't require logic, so i guess you're right..

Evlar

Banned
Chiggs said:
Do most of the meltdowns occur within the first five pages? Seems like it takes a little for things to develop.
First five pages are mostly cheering and yelling. After that comes the screaming and the crying.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Parl said:
Thanks. And thanks to BenjaminBirdie too. Pretty interesting. Any link that can be provided by anybody?

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/leve...onday-morning-quarterback-for-april-2007.aspx

And we both know the sales need to pick up, pronto--especially if Sony wants to keep third party interest. Already third party executives are telling me that if PS3 sales stay below 100k for 3 consecutive months, PS3 SKUs may start disappearing from release lists and in turn create a wealth of de-facto exclusives for the Xbox 360

Dirtbag

I wonder how shadowrun did? That one has a chance at suprising us.

I'm betting big on Mario Party / Pokemon / Forza 2

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The Sphinx said:
First five pages are mostly cheering and yelling. After that comes the screaming and the crying.

And all the while the gif's keep rolling in....

Tobor

BenjaminBirdie said:
Thanks, Ice. That's the one. If you keep reading though, the respondent is doubtful things will go that far.

You had the quote backwards though. Geoff Keighly said it, and N'Gai responded to it.

Sule

Brandon F said:
And all the while the gif's keep rolling in....

I've prepared a GIF for NPD, how hard is it to post it on page 1 or 2? I presume pages 1 to 5 will all be posted in like a minute or two after the thread? First time I'm staying up so I'm EXCITE.

Sule said:
I've prepared a GIF for NPD, how hard is it to post it on page 1 or 2? I presume pages 1 to 5 will all be posted in like a minute or two after the thread? First time I'm staying up so I'm EXCITE.

Honestly shouldn't be that tough to get it on the first or second page. Two months ago I had three posts on the first page so I'm sure the odds are in your favor, junior. :)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I think Forza (relatedly it seems that MS is making a killing on the wheels, force feedback monopoly FT$) will outperform but I see Shadowrun underperforming. We'll see whenever we get the numbers.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Thanks, Ice. That's the one. If you keep reading though, the respondent is doubtful things will go that far.

Maybe 3 months of 90,000 wouldnt do it, but would a 3rd month being >75,000 do it?

Is there any reason June sales should be better? (excluding the 5 week thing)

szaromir

Banned
AstroLad said:
I think Forza (relatedly it seems that MS is making a killing on the wheels, force feedback monopoly FT$) will outperform but I see Shadowrun underperforming. We'll see whenever we get the numbers.
They didn't do spectacular in May, they were released on May 29th.

DSWii60

bune duggy said:
and? it says "thread posted around 6:30" so you have another 30+ minutes to go.

of course, it's only 3 here so I'm not exactly tired.

I know...Lets see which comes first, sleep or games.

AstroLad said:

Shadowrun v. MLB: The Show could be an interesting bout...

Dirtbag 504 said:
I wonder how shadowrun did? That one has a chance at suprising us.

I'm betting big on Mario Party / Pokemon / Forza 2

Shadowrun will not be in the top ten, and you just listed the top 4 games for the month, unless Wii Play messes things up.

Sule

aztrex said:
Honestly shouldn't be that tough to get it on the first or second page. Two months ago I had three posts on the first page so I'm sure the odds are in your favor, junior. :)

4p4bu37.jpg

EDIT:

No.

szaromir said:
They didn't do spectacular in May, they were released on May 29th.

They still had 3-4 days worth of sales, and that's when a huge portion of a game's sales are generated, especially on the "hardcore" 360 platform.

C4Lukins

dammitmattt said:
Shadowrun will not be in the top ten, and you just listed the top 4 games for the month, unless Wii Play messes things up.

I bet it is in the top 10, right around number 10.

Fjolle

AstroLad said:
Next time I'm going to arrange a car service for sonycowboy, for the sake of GAF.
What about renting a helicopter for him.. I would pay 5$ to get the NPD numbers airlifted into gaf :lol

Sonycowboy said earlier in the thread that he will be delayed and he'll probably let evillore post it or somebody else once gamespot and others get the numbers.

GhaleonEB

duk said:
I CAN'T WAITTTTTT
Things are going to be very, very similar to last month on the hardware front. It's going to be about shifts - what went up, what went down. If PS3 (somehow) goes down further, this could be very interesting.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
titiklabingapat said:
Sonycowboy said earlier in the thread that he will be delayed and he'll probably let evillore post it or somebody else once gamespot and others get the numbers.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ramenman

TemplaerDude said:
oh man.

this is excitement i'm tellin ya.

rolled up in a ball of awesome.

can't wait.

ten minutes.

erm.

thefro

Fjolle said:
What about renting a helicopter for him.. I would pay 5$ to get the NPD numbers airlifted into gaf :lol

Get him a blackberry to e-mail the numbers to someone to post, that'd be cheaper.

duk

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Things are going to be very, very similar to last month on the hardware front. It's going to be about shifts - what went up, what went down. If PS3 (somehow) goes down further, this could be very interesting.

I bet PS3 will stay about same or score a tad higher... it's 4 week month for May right?

Top Bottom