• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Gameplay Demonstration YES YES ALL OVER MY OCTOCAM

PleoMax

Banned
Graphics Horse said:
Sounds good, is there a link to this info? I'm not up to date.

It was in that big 1upshow about the presentation of Mgs4 which included an interview with that Ray guy or something, i can't remember his name.

CreepingDea7h said:
I don't remember exactly what he said but I imagined it as being things that don't necessarily impact the overall story of the game, and that it might tie into the whole pick your side thing.

But who knows, we'll just have to wait and see.

Well i figured that what you would do in the game would affect the story. But i guess that's just whishfull thinking from me, the fan inside wanting to control in some way the outcome of the story.

smik

Ether_Snake said:
BTW I was re-reading the MGS2 gameplan and it was pretty clever how, if you were new to the series, you would start at the Plant chapter rather than the tanker. So you'd be as clueless as Raiden himself (and this was going to reinforce the Raiden-Player link).

If you were an MGS veteran, you started at the tanker:)

-This coming from a OG MGS fan- this is what happened to me! (it was not taken out of the pal release) i played the entire game without snake i was waiting to play as him but it never came up. i remember in the cutscenes it was showing alot of solid snake and the tanker scene thinking how cool that mission will be if playable :p only to relize my second time through i started at the tanker with snake i was happy and pissed at the same time. i ending up understanding he story alot more the second time through.

despite this.. its still my favourite mgs of all time

Imm0rt4l

revolverjgw said:
I really liked some of those MGS3 online maps. I'd like updated versions of City Under Siege, Gorky Lab, Brown Town and that level with the hall of death.

brown town kinda reminded me of the first MGS4 trailer. I'd love to see City under Siege make a return, especially since ladder camping may not be as useful. I know you can now toss grenades on a ladder but it'd be nice if you could use a single handed weapon also.

jett

D-Member
Since this is a MGS thread, I might as well ask this, in case anybody knows:

Does anybody know who's the real composer behind the healing/extra tracks in the MGS3 soundtrack(the 60's sounding music)? I guess it could be Norihiko Hibino.

Crateman

jett said:

Does anybody know who's the real composer behind the healing/extra tracks in the MGS3 soundtrack(the 60's sounding music)? I guess it could be Norihiko Hibino.

IIRC, 66 Boys is the name of the band.

BigBoss

jett said:

Healing Tracks
1. Surfing Guitar (66 Boys)
2. Sailor (Starry K.)
3. Salty Catfish (66 Boys)
4. Old Metal Gear (Starry K.)
5. Rock Me Baby (66 Boys)
6. Pillow Talk (Starry K.)
7. Jumpin' Johnny (Chunk Raspberry)
8. Sea Breeze (Sergei Mantis)

jett

D-Member
BigBoss said:
Healing Tracks
1. Surfing Guitar (66 Boys)
2. Sailor (Starry K.)
3. Salty Catfish (66 Boys)
4. Old Metal Gear (Starry K.)
5. Rock Me Baby (66 Boys)
6. Pillow Talk (Starry K.)
7. Jumpin' Johnny (Chunk Raspberry)
8. Sea Breeze (Sergei Mantis)

Those names are all made up. :p They're not real bands/people.

jett

D-Member
BigBoss said:
Well thats what it says on my copy of the MGS3 soundtrack.

...yes I know that's what it says on the soundtrack listing, but I like I said, they're not real names of any bands, and I'm looking of the actual composer behind them.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I'm not going to plough through 84 pages interesting as they might be, but uh.. I was wondering, yesterday I watched some gameplay MGS4 vids on something called Sony TV or something in Yodobashi Camera, and in the end there's this young Snake looking dude. I haven't really been following the news, who is this dude??? Kojima ****ing with us again?

BigBoss

Rei_Toei said:
I'm not going to plough through 84 pages interesting as they might be, but uh.. I was wondering, yesterday I watched some gameplay MGS4 vids on something called Sony TV or something in Yodobashi Camera, and in the end there's this young Snake looking dude. I haven't really been following the news, who is this dude??? Kojima ****ing with us again?

That was from the TGS '06 trailer and we don't know the identity of "Young Snake". Many people think it was a joke, others think its "Old Snake" with the Octocamo mask turned on, we'll just have to wait until MGS4 is released to find out.

Ploid 3.0

MGS3 Snake Eater is the most easter egg filled game I've ever played:

Hidden R1 views during cutscenes (they don't indicate that you can change views) to see things like Ocelot while shaking the President's hand at the end of the game and such.

Taking pictures of the bosses during the sorrow sequence to find ghostly members of Team Kojima crew.

Not killing bosses but draining their stamina until they pass out to get special camo that have traits like steady aim, ward off insects, gain stamina when chocking people.

Tons more.

I screwed up while trying to unlock the stealth camo (used death pill to start over if I got red alert). I ended the game with over 100 alerts -_-' I can't imagine how sick MGS4 will be with the hidden easter eggs and such. Ghost of big boss? Family photo album of the snake brothers? Eva's photo album of what she's been doing since MGS3? (that magazine demo shows that this game will be able to do a lot on the small items side. Not just MGS3 cover story Magazines like MGS3).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Young Snake thing is pretty simple now that we see Snake will have special dedicated camos and face masks, other than OctoCamo.

Young Snake must have been just another of those, like the Statue camo/mask. They probably will make it available on 2nd playthrough for people who don't want to look at old snake in the game.

Yoboman

Mugen said:
This game does not have any of the destructible environments that Kojima has promised.
I noticed that, though to be honest it may simply not have been featured in the demo

Marconelly said:
Young Snake thing is pretty simple now that we see Snake will have special dedicated camos and face masks, other than OctoCamo.

Young Snake must have been just another of those, like the Statue camo/mask. They probably will make it available on 2nd playthrough for people who don't want to look at old snake in the game.

The mask creates an environment texture on the face, it doesn't create a whole new face with different coloured hair to boot. That doesn't answer anything

Mugen

Banned
Yoboman said:
I noticed that, though to be honest it may simply not have been featured in the demo

Highly unlikely because destructible environments would be a huge draw for the game and would be the perfect thing to showcase.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Yoboman said:

The mask creates an environment texture on the face, it doesn't create a whole new face with different coloured hair to boot. That doesn't answer anything

But it is very possible anyway. In MGS3 you had an actual mask of Raiden, not a face-paint. They could do the same for MGS4, but young Snake instead. Plus you can see in the menu that there is "suits" or something like that, OTHER than the Octocam (such as the militia suit, which probably makes you instant buddy with militias but instant enemy with PMCs, maybe). So it's likely that there are other suits (MGS2 sneaking suit would be cool!) and maybe a mask.

Anyway you know what would be crazy with MGS4? You start the game as.... RAIDEN! Post MGS2, pre-MGS4. He's not cyborg yet. It's the equivalent of the tanker, he is hunting The Patriots (like in the joke E305 trailer) but eventually he fights with Snake (or Big Bos?!?!?!;) ) and is ****ed up big time. Game fades out, then you start off the real game with Snake. The opposite of MGS2:D

Yixian

Banned
Sooo... 10 days to go. Is it worth starting an official MGO beta thread?

I take it invites haven't gone out yet - I've been away for a while but google shows nothing and nobody has mentioned anything about it on GAF.

I wonder how close the the 20th start date they'll leave it to announce who's in there :|

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Yixian said:
Sooo... 10 days to go. Is it worth starting an official MGO beta thread?

I take it invites haven't gone out yet - I've been away for a while but google shows nothing and nobody has mentioned anything about it on GAF.

I wonder how close the the 20th start date they'll leave it to announce who's in there :|

It's just for the Japanese dude

Yixian

Banned
TTP said:
It's just for the Japanese dude

Yeah but we have JGAFers who have signed up, and a bunch of us managed to set up Konami IDs with Japanese details and sign up with our Japanese PSNs.

Top Bottom