• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

Posted in the other thread -- I'm interested in there's room eventually. I play legitimately... probably too legitimately. I am not a big online guy for non-O.D. games, only a handful a year, because I hate playing against annoying players, regardless of if I win or lose.

Also posted in the other thread before seeing the link to this one.

The Albatross said:
Posted in the other thread -- I'm interested in there's room eventually. I play legitimately... probably too legitimately. I am not a big online guy for non-O.D. games, only a handful a year, because I hate playing against annoying players, regardless of if I win or lose.

Also posted in the other thread before seeing the link to this one.

Beware of the OWL! :jnc

KanZolo

The Albatross said:
Beware of Storybook, he will say you don't play legit when you actually do. And he rage quits dynasties because CPU is too hard

KanZolo said:
Beware of Storybook, he will say you don't play legit when you actually do. And he rage quits dynasties because CPU is too hard

I have a feeling GCQ is going to put us together the first season. The Owl plays legit if you consider the same three plays a strategy. :p

I'm filled with so much rage that I give our commish advance notice that I'll be pulling out at the end of the season.

Ramirez

storybook77 said:
I have a feeling GCQ is going to put us together the first season. The Owl plays legit if you consider the same three plays a strategy. :p

I'm filled with so much rage that I give our commish advance notice that I'll be pulling out at the end of the season.

Konexzolo?

KanZolo said:
#1 WR in the slot and throwing it to him the whole game? User catching (which I thought was prohibited)? Hiding in your tree after a loss in a big game ;)

storybook77 said:
The shit talking has begun....the season is almost officially here!
1256523423443.jpg

Nightz said:
Anyone know the status of the rosters?
The GameRosters assholes who sell the rosters for $10 say they will have theirs done tomorrow. I think it a real dick move selling them when they can be uploaded for free though roster share. I will be waiting for Fairdale Kings or the OS Community rosters, because in the past the Gamerosters ones had a lot of mistakes.

BigAT

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1 NCAA Football 12 $56.99 1 $56.99

Shipped via UPS

PqxAB.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
storybook77 said:
The shit talking has begun....the season is almost officially here!

The shit talking in this thread more closely resembles that of an elementary school

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ramirez said:
No, that would be the way you stalk the thread of the league you don't care about. ;) :p

yes my TWO whole posts in here (3 counting this one) is an outrageous number

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
#1 WR in the slot and throwing it to him the whole game? User catching (which I thought was prohibited)? Hiding in your tree after a loss in a big game ;)
fastest WR in slot*, 8-10 catches*, UC was done to me all the time so thought it was legal, me not responding to MCW after he posted a dumb picture of an owl =/= hiding.

Guess I'll only do runs to the outside all game like everyone else so I can fit in.

Gotta stress: Never pay for rosters and check where you get them. I used to be part of the whole roster drama issues, just make sure you get FDKings and NOT the NCAARosters.com guy, who passes off other people's work as his own.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The Albatross said:
Gotta stress: Never pay for rosters and check where you get them. I used to be part of the whole roster drama issues, just make sure you get FDKings and NOT the NCAARosters.com guy, who passes off other people's work as his own.

Yeah, heard about that guy :lol

Just stick with whatever comes out of Operation Sports. FDKings, as well as their community rosters.

MrCWS83

Played a game earlier tonight for the first time and noticed a bug during replays. Not very cool but I don't watch them often anyhow. What do you all think of the game so far?

Definitely need to make some adjustments to how I'm accustomed to playing. Passing is a completely different beast now that zones work fairly well and there is even a bigger difference between the have and have nots in the game.

I started a dynasty as OC for Minnesota and got waxed by USC. The difference in team speed was obvious and my longest play from scrimmage was when the game was all but over and USC put in their 2nd team defense. Played New Mexico State the next game and had much more success offensively.....as it should be.

Nightz

Is anyone planning to go OC or DC in our dynasty? I tried playing an offline dynasty as an OC and though it's fun, you feel completely helpless when the defense just keeps giving up points. How would it work if you're an OC and you have a human opponent who's a head coach?

Nightz said:
Is anyone planning to go OC or DC in our dynasty? I tried playing an offline dynasty as an OC and though it's fun, you feel completely helpless when the defense just keeps giving up points. How would it work if you're an OC and you have a human opponent who's a head coach?

I'm guessing that you get to watch your opponent shred your defense. I guess we'd get to learn what some OC's feel like in real life.

GCQuinton

Nightz said:

I was thinking about this yesterday too, but I think we're all going the head coach route. If we did go the OC/DC route, it would have to be an "all or none" type deal just to balance stuff out (starting the dynasty, at least).

GCQuinton said:
I was thinking about this yesterday too, but I think we're all going the head coach route. If we did go the OC/DC route, it would have to be an "all or none" type deal just to balance stuff out (starting the dynasty, at least).

Wonder if it's possible that if you don't meet your goals then you have to take an OC/DC job somewhere after you've been fired.

BigAT

Nightz said:
I think I might do an offline dynasty as a 2-star DC, but I don't think I would do it for an online one. It would be too frustrating to not have full control against a human opponent.

Nightz

BigAT said:
I think I might do an offline dynasty as a 2-star DC, but I don't think I would do it for an online one. It would be too frustrating to not have full control against a human opponent.
Yeah as GCQ said, it would have to be an all or nothing deal where everyone starts at the same level for it to make sense in an online dynasty. Would be cool if we did something like that, but I'm cool with being a head coach.

BigAT

Has anyone heard something a queue for advancing online dynasties? Sounds fucking ridiculous if it's true.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
Has anyone heard something a queue for advancing online dynasties? Sounds fucking ridiculous if it's true.

Only from pastapadre's tweets. I was gonna look into that later today, but I was always getting the Commish Pack for this OD anyway.

GCQuinton

Nightz said:
Which rosters are we waiting for btw? Fairdale Kings or the OS community ones?

Fairdale Kings. And now that I'm thinking about it I'll throw it out there: do you guys wanna wait for his second revision with the coach names added too or no? Don't think he has an ETA on those, though.

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
Fairdale Kings. And now that I'm thinking about it I'll throw it out there: do you guys wanna wait for his second revision with the coach names added too or no? Don't think he has an ETA on those, though.
They're not doing that with the initial update? That seems crazy. Adding ~120 coaches names seems like it would be nothing after doing rosters with 70 players each.

GCQuinton said:
I say we wait. I think he said those will be done Saturday.

MrCWS83

I talked with BPH and it sounds like we should go with the OS community rosters. Fairdale Kings is just naming the current rosters, example Terrell Pryor still on the rosters. No changes to depth charts.

GCQuinton

I've been using the ones pastapadre's had under his gametag since this afternoon (?) and it's fully named with coach's names and some changes (at least for NC State, Russell Wilson's with Wisconsin). I have no idea where he got them from, but they seem in order.

Nightz

MrCWS83 said:
I talked with BPH and it sounds like we should go with the OS community rosters. Fairdale Kings is just naming the current rosters, example Terrell Pryor still on the rosters. No changes to depth charts.
I read on OS that it's just the names that get transferred into the online dynasty anyway, not depth chart changes or any ratings fixes. Not sure how accurate that statement is as I haven't tested it though. But if that's the case, I think we should just wait for a file with accurate names for players and coaches to get started (like Fairdale Kings).

MrCWS83

Nightz said:
I read on OS that it's just the names that get transferred into the online dynasty anyway, not depth chart changes or any ratings fixes. Not sure how accurate that statement is as I haven't tested it though. But if that's the case, I think we should just wait for a file with accurate names for players and coaches to get started (like Fairdale Kings).

That sounds right to me in the past. The more accurate the better

Nightz said:
That is different than last years game. In last years, the commish loads the roster he wants to use (which includes ratings/depth chart changes). When they create the dynasty it pulls in the loaded roster.

Top Bottom