• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

So are S&P2 and Punchout coming out in the next couple months? We've had to put up with months of the Nintendo Faithful greasing their palms in anticipation of some surprise game and using the "Nintendo now announces things 2 months before launch" to justify the pitiful E3 showing, so is that the case here, or was that just an excuse?

Or is that only for the completely absenst new IP?

I feel like I'm the only one who is even slightly looking forward to Wii Music's release. We know very little about it at the moment and if it's even half as entertaining as Nintendo's DS music games, it's a must buy for me.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Cool super punch 3 out looks awesome!

thank goodness those videos were released

edit

WTF was that awesome looking medlieval fantasy sword slashing game thing

Hcoregamer00 said:
In regards to tales games, it is very true.

Those two developers have a very solid track record, and them making a Wii game is a guarantee that it will be a world class game.

Assuming that "mothership tales" means that it is done by the Tales Studio.

i don't consider "world class games" to be the same shit over and over with a new story.

Tiktaalik

Looking at the DSi movies now. That fashion game will be super popular with girls. I had an ex girlfriend that spent tons of time playing around on this stupid flash based paper dolls site.

HUELEN10

HUELEN10 said:
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

13yp5b4.png

YES YES YES
THANK YOU GOD!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
From Wired:

Wired said:
15:06: Oh, speaking of music games: a NeoGAF poster found a press release on Bandai Namco's site that says Taiko no Tatsujin will be released for Wii on December 11. It'll cost 7800 yen and include a drum controller.

The GAF > Internet > GAF effect is in full force!

mysticstylez said:
Have you seen the Wii library? Seriously.

Well I own all the games worth owning. So what's your point?

Punch Out, great and all, but will be casualised. Kid Ikarus, seriously, why do so many people care?

S&P2 is the only game worth getting excited about, and even then, I don't care because I didn't play the original one.

It's pretty dissapointing. Nintendo are not back. This is basically almost the same as the E3 con with the added announcement of new hardware.
That I will buy like a complete sucker

swerve

WOAH at game lineup montage.

Let's Tap looks... interesting.

Trace Memory looks very pretty.

Punch Out is a great way to bring the graphics more up to date.

Sadist

Wii:
- storage solution involves making SD card easier, coming in spring 2009
- you get 500 points if you help a friend set up their wii online
- wii comes with video explaining wii online functions
Finally!

Wii Software:
- Punch-Out Wii YES
- Trace Memory Wii What's this
- Sin and Punishment 2 :O :O :O
- Sengoku Musou (Samurai Warriors) coming to Wii. Heh. Go fig?
- Animal Crossing Wii interacts with AC DS Fun
- New mainline Tales of.We knew that

- Wii getting re-releases of GCN titles. Not ports. Not ports. Not ports. Not ports. Do not appear to have waggle or any changes. Not ports. Re-releases. Should be budget. Starting with DK Jungle Beat and Pikmin.
Please Nintendo, please: The Legend of Zelda the Windwaker Masterquest with all dungeons intact please!

Dali

PantherLotus said:
good god they really know how to end on a down note.
I wonder if the disinterest in Wii Music was palpable to Miyamoto or if the Japanese audience was actually interested in it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
WickedLaharl said:
i don't consider "world class games" to be the same shit over and over with a new story.

Then you are not a tales fan, because they are not doing the same shit over and over again.

Firestorm

Hcoregamer00 said:
In regards to tales games, it is very true.

Those two developers have a very solid track record, and them making a Wii game is a guarantee that it will be a world class game.

Assuming that "mothership tales" means that it is done by the Tales Studio.
Legendia, Tempest, and Innocence are all mothership games.

Azar

The Wii vid has some good shit. Punch-Out!!, Sin & Punishment 2, Dead Rising, and tons more that other people will likely love but I didn't recognize.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Was it Endless Ocean 2 in the Wii montage?
Punch Out looks awesome, and so does Trace Memory 2.

Top Bottom