• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

bafflewaffle said:
50medz.png
hey what's this thing? eh?
I think it might be the look of DSi cartridges because in the same video i think I saw it going into the DS's game slot...No clue really.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
sien916 said:
The specs page on the press site was translated to say the DSi plays DS software and DSi software. Take that how you will.

Hmm that doesnt mean much...need more details.

hirokazu

PantherLotus said:
somewhat mentally unstable edits:

Wii Montage Recap:
Wii Music (Nintendo)
Animal Crossing (Nintendo
Suzumiya Haruhi no (illegible) (Kadokawa Shoten)
TATSUNOKO VS. CAPCOM (Capcom)
428 ~something or other~ (Sega) <--- WTF IS THIS SHIT?
Samba De Awesome (Sega)
Let's Tap (Sega)
Cooking Mama 2 (Taito) <-- Taito? When?
Knight of Algos: Muscle(?) Impact (Tecmo)
Guitar Hero Aerosmith (Activision)
Karaoke Joysound Wii (Hudson)
Sky Crawler: Innocent Days (Bandai Namco) <-- Isn't this the game from Ace Combat team?
Happy Dance Collection (Bandai Namco)
We Snowboard Again/Family Ski: World Ski & Snowboard (Bandai Namco)
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Bandai Namco)
Taiko no Tatsujin Wii (Bandai Namco)
Tenchu 4 (From Software)
Harvest Moon: Excited Animal March (Marvelous Entertainment)
Rune Factory Frontier (Marvelous Interactive)
Shape Boxing: Enjoy Diet on Wii (Rocket Company)
Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
Start by 100 Words: English Conversation (Nintendo)
PUNCH OUT!! (Nintendo)
Trace Memory Wii/Another Code R (Nintendo)
Kensacks/Kensakusu(?) (Nintendo)
Cosmic Walker (Nintendo)
Spaan(?) Smasher (Nintendo)
Dynamic (illegible) (Nintendo)
Tact(?) of Magic (Nintendo)
Sin & Punishment 2 (Nintendo)
Forever Blue 2: Beautiful Ocean (Nintendo)
NHK Trivia Game or something (Nintendo)
Line Attack Heroes (Nintendo)
Castlevania: Judgement (Konami)
Dead Rising (Capcom)
FFCC: Echoes of Time (Nintendo)
Sonic and the Knight of Darkness (Sega)
Fragile (Bandai Namco) (looks great!)
Arc Rise Fantasia (Marvelous Entertainment)
Oboro Muramasa (Marvelous Entertainment) (holy shit)

Did my best with the titles.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't use your most updated list. And CheeseMeister beat me by a page.

From EuroGamer

Nintendo has said it is "aiming" to launch the new DSi handheld in Europe next year.

As announced earlier today, the DSi - which features bigger screens and a built-in camera - will be released in Japan on November 1st.

"We are aiming to launch DSi in Europe in Spring 2009," a spokesperson told Eurogamer.

"As it's too early to confirm specifics on the European or UK launch, we will not be offering further comment at this time," he added.

The representative did not give any indication of a European price point for the DSi. In Japan, the handheld will cost JPY 18,900 (GBP 100 / EUR 130).

You can view the first photos of the DSi over in our gallery.

Nintendo has confirmed to Eurogamer that the new DSi handheld will only have one touch screen - just like the DS Lite.

Our old friend Internet Reports has been up to his old tricks, spreading rumours that a second touch screen was mentioned in this morning's press conference.

LIES, says Nintendo, in a nice way. "As per the current DS model, DSi features one touch screen," a representative told us.

Still - both the screens will be bigger, as previously reported.

DSi will launch in Japan on November 1st, with a European launch to follow in the spring.

Take a peek at our gallery to see how it'll look.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
sien916 said:
The specs page on the press site was translated to say the DSi plays DS software and DSi software. Take that how you will.

DSi software is probably downloadable apps or "NDS Ware" or "Channels" that can be stored into the NDSi, not new/different retail game software.

Hive

Banned
The only thing left that concerns me now is if there are improvements made to the D-pad~

The DSL was a bit too "mushy" for me, especially with rhythm games like Band Bros.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I have a feeling we'll be hearing more about this at the NOA event today:

mii.jpg

You know, seeing how Reggie is most likely in the demo and all.

Jammy

Banned
Nintendo went for the throat with this conference.

In a year where new PSP models and colors threatened DS's dominance, the DSi along with its line-up will add another 10 million in Japan easily.

I can picture them laughing as the whole of GAF gushes at the new Punch-Out!!, Sin and Punishment, Another Code, etc. games in one big "I told you so" way. Hell, Mario and Luigi 3, Dynamic Slash, Klonoa, etc. all look fucking ace, and its clear what type of gamer these are for.

And, on the flip-side, there's still plenty of Idolmaster, Wii Music, Taiko Drum Master, etc. shoved down our throats for the mass market to see and buy.

DQIX and Monster Hunter 3 aren't even out yet but Wii's also secured a brand new Musou game as well as the next big Tales game? Huge.

I really don't know how the U.S. conference is going to top that.

DS

Self-indulgent Fashion: Girls' Mode (Nintendo) 10/23
Know by Walking: Life Rhythm DS (Nintendo) 11/1
Kirby: Ultra Super Stars (Nintendo) 11/6
World Food: Talk! DS Food Navi (Nintendo) 12/4
Power Pro-kun Pocket 11 (Konami) 12/4
Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace/Red Joker (Capcom) 11/13
Valkyrie Profile (Square-Enix) 11/1
Chrono Trigger (Square-Enix) 11/20
Chocobo and the Magical Picture Book: The Witch, the Girl, and the 5 Warriors (Square-Enix) 12/11
Mysterious Dungeon: Fuuren no Shiren DS 2 (Sega) 11/13
Let's Make a Soccer Team DS: Touch and Direct (Sega) 11/27
Phantasy Star Zero (Sega) 12/25
Wind of Nostalgeo (Tecmo) 11/6
DS Nishimura Kyotarou Suspense Detective Series 2 (Tecmo) 11/13
Momotarou Dentetsu 20th Anniversary (Hudson) 12/18
Tamagotchi's Sparkling Shop (Bandai-Namco) 11/27
Tales of Hearts: Anime Movie Edition/CG Movie Edition (Bandai-Namco) 12/11
Harvest Moon: Welcome to the Wind's Bazaar (Marvelous) 12/18
Avalon Code (Marvelous) 11/1
Prof. Layton and the Last Time Travel (Level 5) 11/27

DS Fortune-Telling Life (Nintendo) 2009
Friend Collection (Nintendo) 2009
Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (Nintendo) 2009
Made in Me (Wario Ware) (Nintendo) 2009
Solid Body Picross (Nintendo) 2009
Gyakuten Kenji (Capcom) 2009
FFCC: Echoes of Time (Square-Enix) 1/29
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Square-Enix) Winter 2008-2009
Shining Force Feather (Sega) Spring
Seventh Dragon (Sega) Spring
Infinite Space (Sega) Spring

Azure J

Jammy said:
Nintendo went for the throat with this conference.

In a year where new PSP models and colors threatened DS's dominance, the DSi along with its line-up will add another 10 million in Japan easily.

I can picture them laughing as the whole of GAF gushes at the new Punch-Out!!, Sin and Punishment, Another Code, etc. games in one big "I told you so" way. Hell, Mario and Luigi 3, Dynamic Slash, Klonoa, etc. all look fucking ace, and its clear what type of gamer these are for.

And, on the flip-side, there's still plenty of Idolmaster, Wii Music, Taiko Drum Master, etc. shoved down our throats for the mass market to see and buy.

DQIX and Monster Hunter 3 aren't even out yet but Wii's also secured a brand new Musou game as well as the next big Tales game? Huge.

I really don't know how the U.S. conference is going to top that.

StarTropics & Kid Icarus. Believe.

More like Cammie lulz and Reggie quotes. :lol

Just read the Iwata Asks interview on Wii Music completely. I'm telling you, this thing is going to surprise you. It may be unusual, but it's special.

" I wasn't this excited when we created Super Mario Bros."

" I strongly want everyone to understand this game. Earlier you said this may be my life's work. This game may be exactly what I've wanted to accomplish all this time. It may also be a reaction against my complex about musical instruments."

I've said this before, but there's something sage-like to the way he thinks.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Smiles and Cries said:
can't view it on wii but does the main character fly like the old Crystal Bearers?

The DS and Wii games look nearly identical. This game is more of a continuation of the original Crystal Chronicles concept, but with online multiplayer.

So, no. It doesn't resemble anything even in the same ballpark as the Crystal Bearers.

duckroll

Shadow780 said:
I didn't see Sengoku Musou 3 footage, did they just announce the title?

The following videos were seperate from the montages:

FFCC EoT (also in montage)
DQIX (not in montage)
Sengoku Musou 3 (not in montage)
New Tales of title (not in montage)
Monster Hunter 3 (not in montage)

The FFCC EoT trailer is up on the official site now, but I doubt we'll see the others unless there's a bootleg camcorder video for them soon.

KevinCow

Banned
Tiktaalik said:
Damn does Nintendo even develop games anymore? If I was working at Nintendo right now I'd be updating my resume. :lol
Most of Nintendo's teams have released games relatively recently, so they're probably working on stuff that's just not ready to show.

EAD1 - Just released Mario Kart Wii.

EAD2 - Made most of the Wii ____ games. Currently working on Wii Music, Wii Sports Resort, and Animal Crossing: City Folk.

EAD3 - Released Twilight Princess two years ago, and Phantom Hourglass and Link's Crossbow Training last year. Probably working on the next Zelda.

EAD4 - Dunno what they're working on. It seems the last few games they did were NSMB and the Big Brain Academy games.

R&D1 - Released Rhythm Heaven this year, probably working on that Wario Ware game in the trailer.

Intelligent Systems - Released Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Super Paper Mario, Planet Puzzle League, and some DS card battle game last year, and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin and Fire Emblem DS this year.

Retro Studios - Just released Metroid Prime 3 last year.

HAL - What the hell have they been doing, outside of porting Kirby Superstar to the DS? Does the Wii Kirby still exist?

NST - No word on what they've been doing either.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
WiiRevolution1 said:
I think it might be the look of DSi cartridges because in the same video i think I saw it going into the DS's game slot...No clue really.

Not at all...you just press a button on the pedometer to transfer it's stored data to the NDS, it's sorta like a WiiFit for NDS as it tracks your stats and activeness, bla bla bla.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
morningbus said:
I have a feeling we'll be hearing more about this at the NOA event today:

mii.jpg

You know, seeing how Reggie is most likely in the demo and all.

I'm actually surprised Reggie made it.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
The FFCC EoT trailer is up on the official site now, but I doubt we'll see the others unless there's a bootleg camcorder video for them soon.

Last year Nintendo put up the conference on its site after a while, so hopefully they do that again.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
duckroll said:
The following videos were seperate from the montages:

FFCC EoT (also in montage)
DQIX (not in montage)
Sengoku Musou 3 (not in montage)
New Tales of title (not in montage)
Monster Hunter 3 (not in montage)

Did Wii Tales actually get a trailer?

boiled goose

good with gravy
it sucks that i just bought jungle beat and pikmin 2 off ebay...
maybe the wii releases are just rereleases and dont have any upgrades or wii compatible support besides some kind of nunchuck, classiccon button mapping?

punch out and sin and punishment look great
im intrigued by all the nintendo published games...

there are way too many games for wii in 2009..

Top Bottom