• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

maladroid

So is this October conference a yearly thing? Is this the thing they put effort into, and leave their E3 conference for their gif-worthy shenanigans?

I like how they announced WiiWare at last year's conference, and then the 'storage solution' this year.

Good news on the ports. I've been wanting to play Pikmin for awhile, but stores stopped selling gamecube games here a long time ago.

neo2046

ekhm51.jpg

2hwjy1f.jpg

2qdrhg1.jpg

30xamhy.jpg

2h38s4k.jpg

rk0aq8.jpg

batbeg

Another Code looks way better than I expected it to, and as my girlfriend was a big fan of the first this is awesome news.

Also, LOSTMAGIC WII! Never in a million years did I imagine this happening :D

Ramenman

abstract alien said:
Then you dont have me...the one on ds had the greatest puzzle ever.

Literally a spoiler for one of the puzzles for Another Code on ds, so beware, its a big one if you are playing it or plan on doing so. Beware.
The puzzle where you have to close the ds half way and use the reflection from both screens to solve was astonishing. Its one of those puzzles where you dont know how you solved it or what made you think of it....just kinda comes to you. Brilliant

The "close it" puzzle wasn't a problem for me, but when I figured out the second one you mention, I was totally amazed at the thought that some dev could've had such a crazy idea to make a puzzle using the damn
reflection between the two DS screens[/spoilers].
This was seriously ballsy.

edit :

http://i35.tinypic.com/rk0aq8.jpg

OMG OMG OMGGGG

farnham

Banned
where is sengoku musou III and tales of wiifonia..?

wow the hardcore audience just wont be satisfied with nintendo no matter what right..

Over at Gametrailers the vid to the Wii lineup received 6.9 while the DS one got 8.6

the funnything is that the Wii lineup has a lot more new stuff and the majority of it is what people would consider hardcore...

And just when you think warioware is done, they go back to touched and put in a create a microgame feature. Brilliant. Touched! had potential but couldve used alot more development time. Hopefully this is the ds's definitive hallmark for the franchise.

Model 500

HOLY CRAP! @ Wii 2009:

Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) Spring

Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) 2009

Trace Memory: R, Gateway of Memory (Nintendo) 2009

Cosmic Walker (Nintendo) 2009

Sin & Punishment 2 (Nintendo) 2009

Forever Blue 2: Beautiful Ocean (Nintendo) 2009

Fragile (Bandai-Namco) Winter 2008-2009

+ RS2, Conduit & Mad World.

WOW!

Punch Out with M+ is going to be very special. As will S&P2 with pointer controls. And that Cosmic Walker looks amazing....Trace Memory, Fragile...damn, the whole list :D Time to get excited again! The only thing I'm left missing is F-Zero Wii. Excellent conference, way better than I could've imagined, S&P2 alone is just what the doctor ordered!

farnham

Banned
Model 500 said:
HOLY CRAP! @ Wii 2009:

Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) Spring

Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) 2009

Trace Memory: R, Gateway of Memory (Nintendo) 2009

Cosmic Walker (Nintendo) 2009

Sin & Punishment 2 (Nintendo) 2009

Forever Blue 2: Beautiful Ocean (Nintendo) 2009

Fragile (Bandai-Namco) Winter 2008-2009

+ RS2, Conduit & Mad World.

WOW!

Punch Out with M+ is going to be very special. As will S&P2 with pointer controls. And that Cosmic Walker looks amazing....Trace Memory, Fragile...damn, the whole list :D Time to get excited again! The only thing I'm left missing is F-Zero Wii. Excellent conference, way better than I could've imagined, S&P2 alone is just what the doctor ordered!

You forgot following games

- Pikmin 3
- Kirby Wii
- Starfox Wii
- Fire Emblem Wii
- Zelda Wii
- Mario Galaxy 2
- Metroid Prime 4
- Paper Mario 3

But i like the fresh sega approach on things

farnham said:
You forgot following games

- Pikmin 3
- Kirby Wii
- Starfox Wii
- Fire Emblem Wii
- Zelda Wii
- Mario Galaxy 2
- Metroid Prime 4
- Paper Mario 3

But i like the fresh sega approach on things

huh I bet you most of those are 2011 Wii HD launch titles :D

KingJ2002

lots of good news... many games here look promising and dont feature mario, zelda, donkey kong, etc... those franchises are milked to death. im glad they're bringing back classics like punch out while also releasing core titles like sin and punishment... a game i didnt think would ever get a sequel.

kudos nintendo... you've won my support (or money)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
EmCeeGramr said:
So, do we have any idea what cosmic walker is about regarding gameplay?
Horror adventure game at zero gravity with pointer-controlled jetpack?
If so, I think I wrote down the very same concept about two years ago :lol

EmCeeGramr said:
So what exactly am I fondling to fill up an encyclopedia?
This is the second time Ive heard the comparison but Im not seeing the parallels.
30t2f6e.jpg

Gagaman

A new Punch-out makes me a very, very happy person, it looked stunning (presuming that's in-game, though I don't see why not). As does Sin & Punishment 2, finally I can play it with controls that make perfect sense (I could never get the hang of the controls in the first one). :D :D :D

Also Madworld, Tasunoko Vs Capcom, Klonoa, Taiko Drum Master, Wii Sports Resort, Another Code, Cosmic Walker, Spawn Smasher, Dynamic, Endless Ocean 2, Line Attack Heroes, Fragile and that Vanillaware game all range from intrigued to DO WANT.

Why they didn't do anything like this for E3 is beyond me, but oh well. Excited!

stalker

Mario&Luigi 3 is the highlight for me. I hope there is a nive overworld this time around as in M&L1. Though that game was still linear, the overworld gave it an adventure feeling which made the game much more enjoyable than Partners in Time. And it was filled with mini-games and secrets.

I can't see the videos from the office, is there footage for this game? does it look exactly like M&L2?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
jump_button said:
what was the last game in the Nintendo Wii Montage?

Muramasa: The Demon Blade !!!

btw. Now with DSWare Confirmed - FF4: The After maybe comin to DSWare in NA.

Haruspex

Banned
I was sighing and grumbling throughout the software line-up trailer... but then Punch Out, Another Code, Endless Ocean, Sin & Punishment 2, Fragile, Kloana, Oboro Murumasa Yotoden made me smile. And that Cosmic Walker title could be very promising.

Kudos Ninty, maybe you bought yourself a little breathing space. That said I have stopped buying video-games because I can't afford them.

PolyGone

Banned
stalker said:
I can't see the videos from the office, is there footage for this game? does it look exactly like M&L2?

they only showed a couple beautifully animated battles (one starring Bowser) and it looked really great (no babies)... also a giant mushroom thing rolling into a house

Amir0x

Banned
Wii Storage Solution they have = :|

Never expected an Endless Ocean sequel, heh. Will get.

Sin and Punishment 2, Picross and Mario & Luigi 3 = :D

No Pikmin 3 = :(

DSi = some good, some bad details. Will probably buy though.

Not bad showing, 7/10.

cw_sasuke said:
Muramasa: The Demon Blade !!!

btw. Now with DSWare Confirmed - FF4: The After maybe comin to DSWare in NA.

oh yeah i 4got about Muramasa The Demon Blade lol looking good ^^ and one hell of a line up good to see good looking wii game come out and good ideas

I'm still baffled by DSi, no gba slot, some multimedia features, higher price, european 6 or so months delay (thats not baffling, thats fucking annoying even if common), weird as fuck position for power button, ds-ware but not VC, some DSi exclusive games...it really looks like a 3rd pillar rather than replacing DSLite.

DSi is definitely weird. At least the lineup is so great, although not much from Nintendo themselves other than M&L, quite a few new non-games but nothing for my tastes. 3rds to the rescue.

On the Wii side, they got a proper Musou? wow, lets see how long does Koei keep it off PS2. Was going to say rather lukewarm approach from Nintendo until I saw a fuckload new games from them all cramped into 3 seconds teasers on the trailer reel. Amazing marketing tactics as usual. Budget GC re-releases, lol, its like bitchslap to those who want DS or Wii classics/platinum re-releases.

Shame of the show goes to Prope anyway :lol

Top Bottom