• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

Masked Man

I said wow
neo2046 said:
20awcw1.jpg

160564g.jpg

2utoql2.jpg

ALL OVER MY FACE
KING HIPPO
!!!

I'm glad Punch-Out!! is using NES Mac rather than the William H. Macy-ish guy they put in Fight Night.
Shikamaru Ninja said:
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1218549_1124.html

This link mentions Nintendo (with some screens) redoing Metroid Prime 1, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and Mario Tennis for Wii. 16 9 and Wii mote looks like.
Mario Tennis sticks out, I think. The other games are part of a series, or at least in DKJB's case have some simple story element to them. Mario Tennis is one of the many "Mario does something" titles that's released in some new form nearly every generation. That they're just doing a half-baked upgrade of it rather than releasing a fully Wii version seems weird.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
farnham said:
In case you missed

the enthusiast press does not care about nintendo.. they just point at them and laugh their asses off..

err okay but in the meantime back in the real world that really has nothing to do with why both the liveblogs were generally poor in quality and why the translations of the liveblogs were so scattershot.

farnham

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
err okay but in the meantime back in the real world that really has nothing to do with why both the liveblogs were generally poor in quality and why the translations of the liveblogs were so scattershot.
well i guess there was no one in Japan covering this and updating live blogs at all..

maybe because of their incompetence in japanese language.. maybe because of their lack of interest.. maybe they where not invited.. who knows

JoshuaJSlone said:
Mario Tennis sticks out, I think. The other games are part of a series, or at least in DKJB's case have some simple story element to them. Mario Tennis is one of the many "Mario does something" titles that's released in some new form nearly every generation. That they're just doing a half-baked upgrade of it rather than releasing a fully Wii version seems weird.

Ouch.. I would have agreed if you were talking about Mario Golf.. but Mario Tennis is a really well made game.. It is not a generic mario does something game.. its the best mario sports game hands down..

meppi

Those GC Wiimakes are an great idea! Especially with the new controls.
I just read in another topic that the controls wouldn't be changed in any way from the G versions, but that Jungle Beat screen shows it clearly.

Great for people who missed out on some GC games or indeed the whole system as some of these games are very expensive right now.
And the new controls for games like the Metroids and Pikmins will make a lot more people want to replay them.

Haunted

JoshuaJSlone said:
I'm glad Punch-Out!! is using NES Mac rather than the William H. Macy-ish guy they put in Fight Night.
I liked Super Little Mac. :(

I'm still taking it all in. So much good stuff announced. October 2nd conference trumps E3 two times in a row.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ok, Trace Memory 2 and Sin & Punishment 2 are all I need to feel hot inside. Many other interesting stuff too.

DSi I won't bite, my Lite is still sexy.

Spiegel

No 1080/Fzero/Wave Race
No Retro/NST games (I hope it's beacause they are keeping that for the USA conference)
No "new" interesting Wii games internally developed

Yes S&P 2
Yes Another Code 2
Yes Punch-out Wii

I was expecting a little more from the only hardcore-oriented conference that Nintendo has each year.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Superblatt said:
Wow, talk about a disappointing remainder of 2008. Yawn.

If it disappoints you, it implies you actually care about the Wii lineup, and if you actually care about the Wii lineup wouldn't you already know that all of the 2008 releases were already revealed and dated? I really can't see anyone saying "Stupid Nintendo focusing too much on future games why didn't they launch some suprise curveballs for next week!?"

Spiegel said:
No 1080/Fzero/Wave Race

Were you expecting a Wave Race when they're already releasing a jet ski game Q1 of next year?

No "new" interesting Wii games internally developed

Who cares if they're internally developed? People are picky if internal teams work on existing IP. People are picky if EXTERNAL teams are allowed to work on IP. People are picky if external teams bring new IP.

I mean, does it disappoint you that Sony's big Christmas title is White Knight Chronicles, or that Microsoft's is Gears? I can see why you might be disappointed that an individual team did not reveal their new project, but other than Retro and NST I'm not sure which team you expected to have a late-production-cycle Wii game.

Also, Punch-Out is Nintendo.

I was expecting a little more from the only hardcore-oriented conference that Nintendo has each year.

Where on earth did you get the impression the conference was hardcore oriented? It's not anything oriented. It's "announce the shit we have to announce" oriented.

tabsina said:
aren't they completely different IPs?

They're by the same developer, and the world of
Hotel Dusk
is set in the same world as that of
Trace Memory
's. This is affirmed by looking at the picture of Rosa's husband, who is actually the
Captain from Trace Memory

Shiggie

I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII
I NEED A WII

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Tenbatsu said:
Where the hell is the Dragon Quest 9 and Monster Hunter 3 Tri videos?

TGS i guess :-/

@neo2046

thx...Picross 3D looks awesome :D

tabsina

Mockingbird said:
They're by the same developer, and the world of
Hotel Dusk
is set in the same world as that of
Trace Memory
's. This is affirmed by looking at the picture of Rosa's husband, who is actually the
Captain from Trace Memory

wow.. i knew they were the same developer, had no idea they were in the same 'world'..

MNC

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

WITH FULL FORCE OMG HOW COULD I MISS THIS THREAD

Spiegel

Stumpokapow said:
Were you expecting a Wave Race when they're already releasing a jet ski game Q1 of next year?

They're releasing a jet sky minigame in a sports minicompilation. Big difference

Who cares if they're internally developed? People are picky if internal teams work on existing IP. People are picky if EXTERNAL teams are allowed to work on IP. People are picky if external teams bring new IP.

I mean, does it disappoint you that Sony's big Christmas title is White Knight Chronicles, or that Microsoft's is Gears? I can see why you might be disappointed that an individual team did not reveal their new project, but other than Retro and NST I'm not sure which team you expected to have a late-production-cycle Wii game.

I care because it seems that internally Nintendo isn't doing anything interesting.

And I wasn't refering to new IPs.

Where on earth did you get the impression the conference was hardcore oriented? It's not anything oriented. It's "announce the shit we have to announce" oriented.

They've said E3 is casual so they aren't going to announce "hardcore" games there. That's why I said it's the only "hardcore-oriented" conference they have

P.D Good to know that Punch out is from Nintendo

neo2046 said:
Holy wow. I can only imagine this in motion. :eek:

MockingBird said:
That's the new Wario Ware game. It translates to Made in Me.

Seems definitely inspired by WarioWare. But more precisely, what's the concept of the game ? Looks like you make your own minigames, or something. Definitely intriguing. I'll look out for more infos.

Mockingbird said:
Anybody remember how many years have passed after
the end of Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and the beginning of Trace Memory
?
Hotel Dusk was 1979 and I think Trace Memory was set at present-ish in 2005 (though I can't find much to confirm this online), so about 26 years?

Stormbringer said:
Holy wow. I can only imagine this in motion. :eek:

Seems definitely inspired by WarioWare. But more precisely, what's the concept of the game ? Looks like you make your own minigames, or something. Definitely intriguing. I'll look out for more infos.

Not sure, but I think you create your own characters to use in games. The first two screens show off character creation, and the third screen is a microgame. It says "Sagase!" or "Find!" And you have to find the character you created from that large group of similar looking creations.

MNC

Alright, now that I've regained my calmth a bit.

WHERE THE FORK DO I SEE MORE S&P SCREENS, ALSO SOURCE ON MP1/2 RERELEASE?!?!?!?

:D

Top Bottom