• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Klonoa looks fantastic. If only it weren't a remake.

I love the series so much, however, so I'm certainly going to buy it. Hopefully the game will be successful enough to warrant a true sequel. I suppose the Wii really is the only platform this could have shown up on. It just wouldn't make business sense to design a platformer like this for the 360 or PS3, it seems. :(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Anything new on Samurai Warriors or the Tales mothership title?

Shiggy said:
Do we know anything about 1st party Wii games that are in development and not out in 2008? I can't think of any.
Arnt those 09 Nintendo Pub games "1st party" as in, owned my Nintendo?

Cosmic Walker (Nintendo) 2009
Spawn Smasher (Nintendo) 2009
Dynamic Slash (Nintendo) 2009
Punch-Out! Wii
Etc etc etc

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Eteric Rice said:
So, can it finally be said that the Wii has come into it's own?

Can we stop with the "it has no games" meme now? :D

Strictly looking at Japan, 09 looks pretty damn good already.

KevinCow

Banned
Dascu said:
It's announced. Good news. :)
Source?

I'd buy a sequel or something, but considering I've already played the original, and it's free, I don't know why I'd bother with a WiiWare version of the same game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
jarosh said:
hm. seems like there's some sort of simple animation tool on the DSi:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2008fall/presen/04.html

neat

that actually looks really cool. the low quality of the camera, while kinda disappointing, has a certain charm. i'll have a lot of fun just dinking around with that, making dumb stop-motion films of my toes or something. maybe i'll make stop-motion movies about the long metro rides i occasionally have to take... showing the seats fill and empty, the people scattering in and out, in the rapid surreal style of stop-motion.

and then i'll draw penises on them, lul.

RpgN

Nintendo delivered! Wow. Surprise after surprise, good stuff.

BUT

No GBA slot?! Are you fricking kidding me?! I play GBA games all the time! More than ds game! I only have the ds phat :p So, the dsi would have been the ultimate version to get. No GBA slot, no buy :mad:

RpgN said:
No GBA slot?! Are you fricking kidding me?! I play GBA games all the time! More than ds game! I only have the ds phat :p So, the dsi would have been the ultimate version to get. No GBA slot, no buy :mad:

Just buy a DS Lite then after this comes out, I'm sure its price will drop after the DSi hits the shelves.

Linkified

Eteric Rice said:

We can when Nintendo tells Ubisoft to fuck off with Babyz Partyz, until then ...

Linkhero1

Black-Wind said:
Arnt those 09 Nintendo Pub games "1st party" as in, owned my Nintendo?

Cosmic Walker (Nintendo) 2009
Spawn Smasher (Nintendo) 2009
Dynamic Slash (Nintendo) 2009
Punch-Out! Wii
Etc etc etc
I think he means internally developed. Are any of those internally developed? Who's developing Punch-Out for Wii anyways?

Shiggy said:
Do we know anything about 1st party Wii games that are in development and not out in 2008? I can't think of any.

Wii Sports Resort

Ifrit

I'd be really excited if Nintendo had announced a re-release of Zelda: Four swords GCN and probably FF:CC with DS wireless connectivity instead of the wired GBA one. I still don't understand why the haven't done that

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Linkhero1 said:
I think he means internally developed. Are any of those internally developed? Who's developing Punch-Out for Wii anyways?
Supposedly Next Level Games.

Punchy

Banned
MNC said:
Still wondering the same. That famitsu link didn't work.

Just like Pikmin, Mario Tennis, and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, the first two Metroid Prime games will be ported to Wii with Wii controls, etc. It's part of the upcoming "Play with Wii" series, or something, along the lines of the Wii Resident Evil 4.

I'm not gonna search for it, but the story is on *******.

PS If this means that Mario Tennis will just be ported and they won't make a new one for Wii, then fuck you Nintendo. (Althought the baseball and soccer games on Wii are glorified ports, as it is.)

GhaleonQ

I don't know if the Mario And Luigi fans noticed, but the screenshot had Monty Mole and other enemies wearing Fawful-like masks. So, woo!

pulga

Banned
MOTHERFUCKIN SIN AND PUNISHMENT 2 PEOPLEEE AHHHHHH

Also, Murusama looks like pixel sex. Absolutely beautiful. Most gorgeous game this gen, from an artistic point of view.

Eteric Rice said:

More importantly, the Wii seems to have come in line with first and third party at about the same relative time the 360 did. (I was gonna make a thread about it, but this'll do.)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Great conference. Wii's upcoming lineup is starting to look very strong with titles for gamers, better production values, voice chat, refined controls through M+, wiiboard support, etc.
Wii is not a fad confirmed once and for all.

It's been discussed, but the cool thing about all of this is that a lot of this compelling content is coming from external teams. I have no idea what Nintendo's internal staff is doing (well, we have some idea), but we could see another flurry of releases starting next fall like we saw in the first 12 months of Wii's life.

Top Bottom