• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Oct/Nov NBA 2007-2008 Season Thread - AKA San Antonio's Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchuck

the offense still sucks. the passing is awful, rarely any cutters when someone gets double teamed (except for that sweet play between Diop and Howard).

i still don't like this isolation bullshit. i'm being completely serious when i say i think we should give the ball to brandon bass more in the post. sure, he loses the ball a lot. but he's the only guy on our team with real strength. it's possible he can get some cheap fouls.

and our defense sucked because our guards are skinny as hell and anyone can post them up.

methodman

Banned
Man I wish SJax was suspended in the middle of the season. Our first 7 games are brutal:

Utah - twice
Dallas
Detroit
L.A. Clippers - twice
Cleveland (this is the only game where I expected a win, and we could have pulled it out if we could do some fucking fundamental shit).

Our team just plain sucks at FT's. We need some true FT shooters, because it seems like none of our starters are going to make more then 60%, which is horrid. If we make 4 more, we win that god damn game.

Jeff-DSA

Golden State needs to move Baron out there. That dude is a terrible team player. I figure he's going to wash out of Golden State just like everywhere else and he'll just be another player like Marbury or Francis. He's talented, but he's a street baller, not an NBA superstar.

Dallas doesn't have a point guard. Their half court offense last night looked atrocious and the really struggled to have any sort of rhythm for any sustainable time. They'll probably still do well over the length of the season, but if they want to beat San Antonio or Phoenix, they need someone who can dictate flow.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
anyone else absolutely love that ESPN Mag commercial with Greg Oden? I laugh my ass off every time I see it :lol

"You STILL think a big man can't sell?" *pans to Oden cutout with a vacuum cleaner*

woodchuck

Jeff-DSA said:
Golden State needs to move Baron out there. That dude is a terrible team player. I figure he's going to wash out of Golden State just like everywhere else and he'll just be another player like Marbury or Francis. He's talented, but he's a street baller, not an NBA superstar.

Dallas doesn't have a point guard. Their half court offense last night looked atrocious and the really struggled to have any sort of rhythm for any sustainable time. They'll probably still do well over the length of the season, but if they want to beat San Antonio or Phoenix, they need someone who can dictate flow.

we're fine against San Antonio. Against Phoenix is where we need a point guard.

Tamanon

Banned
whytemyke said:
anyone else absolutely love that ESPN Mag commercial with Greg Oden? I laugh my ass off every time I see it :lol

"You STILL think a big man can't sell?" *pans to Oden cutout with a vacuum cleaner*

I dunno, I just hate the sound of his voice.

methodman said:
Man I wish SJax was suspended in the middle of the season. Our first 7 games are brutal:

Utah - twice
Dallas
Detroit
L.A. Clippers - twice
Cleveland (this is the only game where I expected a win, and we could have pulled it out if we could do some fucking fundamental shit).

Our team just plain sucks at FT's. We need some true FT shooters, because it seems like none of our starters are going to make more then 60%, which is horrid. If we make 4 more, we win that god damn game.

Didn't expect to see that this season...

methodman

Banned
Adam Blade said:
Didn't expect to see that this season...

Me neither but the way they play us was perfectly: We suck in the front court without Stephen Jackson because we have absolutely shitty perimeter defense right now.

I3rand0 said:
Big game tonight; Hawks at Celtics.

Instead however ESPN gives us Denver @ Washington :lol

Fuck Mike Tirico.

Neither of those games sounds appealing. Boston beating down another shitty team? No thanks.

ESPN picks the worse games every week

I don't think Dallas has to worry about playing Golden State in the playoffs this year because I don't think Golden State will even make the playoffs.

Getting rid of Jason Richardson was moronic.

I3rand0

PhoenixDark said:
Neither of those games sounds appealing. Boston beating down another shitty team? No thanks.

ESPN picks the worse games every week

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to basketball this season?

Hawks are by no means a shitty team.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Even after the expected extensions/draft-pick signings, Portland will still have between $15 million and $20 million of cap room available when Paul's free-agent class, which also includes Derron Williams, becomes eligible for restricted free agency. Portland will be a factor in free agency. The Hornets are already on the books for $54 million to Peja Stojakovic, $37 million for David West, $32 million for Tyson Chandler and $24 million to Morris Peterson.

*snicker*

Imagine... Chris Paul signs with Portland when he becomes a free agent... joining Brandon Roy, Martell Webster, LaMarcus Aldridge, and Greg Oden as our starting five...

Whoa.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
The real big game tonight is Heat vs. Suns :D

unfortunately for the Heat, amare's gonna play tonight. DAMN IT

I3rand0

PhoenixDark said:
They started last year 4-1...

And the bulls started 0-4 this season. Your point?

As far as the hawks are concerned, I think most people here and around the league would agree they're much improved team -- seriously contending for a playoff spot.

Had you mentioned playoffs last season, even after the 4-0 start, most (including myself) would have just laughed.

Kak.efes

Gigglepoo said:
The third to last game of the regular season. One man show down in South Beach.

You know, even with Wade, that's cause for serious concern. That's eighteen games including pre-season. Nineteen after tonight.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kak.efes said:
You know, even with Wade, that's cause for serious concern. That's eighteen games including pre-season. Nineteen after tonight.

Holy shit.

Karakand

whytemyke said:

I made a post about it earlier in this thread.

Love the commercial.

He's like the mirror image of Shaq with that persona and it's great.

He's like the black, American Gheorghe Muresan.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C9uaDiRlLBQ

I3rand0 said:
And the bulls started 0-4 this season. Your point?

As far as the hawks are concerned, I think most people here and around the league would agree they're much improved team -- seriously contending for a playoff spot.

Had you mentioned playoffs last season, even after the 4-0 start, most (including myself) would have just laughed.

So you think they'll win more than 35 games this year? I'd take that bet

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Suns/Heat click NOW
Spurs.
Celts/Hawks NOW
it may work for you...may not

likemike.jpg

Branduil

woodchuck said:
the offense still sucks. the passing is awful, rarely any cutters when someone gets double teamed (except for that sweet play between Diop and Howard).

i still don't like this isolation bullshit. i'm being completely serious when i say i think we should give the ball to brandon bass more in the post. sure, he loses the ball a lot. but he's the only guy on our team with real strength. it's possible he can get some cheap fouls.

and our defense sucked because our guards are skinny as hell and anyone can post them up.

The offense really wasn't bad. Look at the shot chart: http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=271108009
We got into the paint plenty of times, the only problem was we couldn't buy a call. It was our defense that was bad.

bionic77

Karakand said:
I know you don't want to be loved but I'm here for you Cerrius. I really am. No one deserves Smush.
No you are wrong. Every fan should have to go through the Smush experience to know what Laker fans have been going through and to understand why Kobe was so pissed.

Branduil

bionic77 said:
No you are wrong. Every fan should have to go through the Smush experience to know what Laker fans have been going through and to understand why Kobe was so pissed.
Smush is God's way of punishing Miami for making that deal with the devil.
89i5mqv.jpg

Karakand

bionic77 said:
You either identify with the abuser or the abusee. I'm obviously the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom