• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Persona 3 Fes thread: Welcome to Second Semester of School

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
fesreplace.jpg

---------------------
Boxart
---------------------

281894b.jpg

---------------------
Information
---------------------
Release Date: April 22
MSRP: 29.99
ESRB: Mature
Genre: RPG
Developer: Atlus R&D1
1 player

-------------------
The Journey
------------------
Basically, it's the Original Game mode but with some added stuff and enhancements which include:

Day time:
Class room questions and tests are changed.
Extra dialogs and events with Dorm members.
Some people have moved to different place in town and school.
After 24th AUG you can ask out your member for movie.
Now you can play in Game Panic (arcade) in mall for these benefits.
- Punching Machine for STR (equipped Persona only)
- Fortune telling for INT (same as STR)
- Whack-a-mole for DEC (same as above)
- Quiz game for Academic
- Print Club for Charm
- Virtual Horror for Courage.
> Extra function in Shrine, but it will use up whole afternoon.
Offertory will gives you points no matter, but you get more when you are in Great! condition.
Fortune pick will increase the S-link points.
Small shrine can grant you one benefits (some benefits are for that night only).
- No longer gets tired
- Double the money you have.
- Extra money (1.2 to 1.5) to your pocket.
- Triple the money you have.
- Increased chance on item drops from Shadows.
- Extra EXP gain.
- More Fusion accidents.
- Extra money from Coin cards.
- Increase the one of member's stat (amount is 1 to 4, only one stat will rise per pray)
- Change item to something.

S-links:
Even you have Maxed out, now you can ask them out again (but for nothing).
You can now choose who to go out with at summer festival in Shrine and Christmas (if you have S-link)
S-link for Aigis (Aeon)
Devil S-link have moved to Night (in mall)
All S-links have less points to move to next rank.

Persona:
Some skills and level have changed. (different in Episode Yourself and Episode Aegis as well)
Demon style Lucifer is added, original Lucifer is now Helel
- Fool Slime
- Magician Hua Po
- H. Priestess High Pixie
- Empress Yaksini
- Hierophant Shiisaa
- Hierophant Thoth
- Lovers Alp
- Hermit Mothman
- Hermit Kumbhanda
- Fortune Empusa
- Strength Rakshasa
- Hanged_Man Hecatoncheires
- Hanged_Man Hell Biker
- Death Ghoul
- Temperance Yurlungur
- Devil Pazuzu
- Tower Mara
- Star Kartikeya
- Moon Baal Zebul
- Sun Suparna
- Judgment Lucifer (demon form)
- Aeon Nidhoggr
- Aeon Atavaka

*spoiler tagged for people that are playing the game for the first time and those that don't not want to know what was changed or added to the original game mode. there are NO story spoilers here, but I know some people consider gameplay stuff as spoiler.

Weapon Fusion:
Now you can use your Persona to fuse weapon.
Some Persona will become special weapon

Equipments:
New equipments
Costume change for specific ones (e.g High-cut armor etc.)
Some Aegis equipments have name changed.

Quest:
Total quests are now 99
You can date with Elizabeth as a part of request.

Difficulty:
Hard mode added

Data Conversion: (from original version to Fes)
- All stats - Academic, Charm and Courage
- S-link max items
- All the Fusion lists.
- List of Compendium (all skills and levels will be reset to Base)

For the people playing the game for the first time and want to know what Persona 3 is all about:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7070431&postcount=1

---------------
The Answer
---------------
The Epilogue of Persona 3:
- Aigis is the main character
- there are NO S.Links
- Pure dungeon crawling
- there is NO Demon Compendium
- Atlus promised 30 hours worth of Gameplay
- the story serves to answer every question, regarding the story of Persona 3. hence why it's called 'The Answer'.

----------------
Pictures
----------------

persona-3-fes-screens-20080226103054633_640w.jpg

persona-3-fes-screens-20080226103057321_640w.jpg

persona-3-fes-screens-20080226103100883_640w.jpg

--------------
Trailers
-------------

Original JP trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98oW2Ut3KqU&feature=related <--- people that haven't played Persona 3, DO NOT WATCH THIS TRAILER. thanks.
Original NA trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJRvMv-nWuw
Persona 3 Fes OP movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyV9jrMSnww&feature=related <--- I suggest not watching this one either, for people that haven't played the original yet. not heavy on spoilers but I don't know how tolerant you are towards story stuff in games.

------------
Reviews
------------

-----------------
Notes
-----------------

- simple, SPOILER TAG YOUR STUFF. please be aware that some people have NOT played the original yet.
- if anyone can give me a good banner, please. I'm not good at photoshopping.

--------------
Credits
--------------

- Atlus USA, for once again coming through for the fans by bringing P3:FES to America
- Gamefaqs for the changes/enhancements to the main game I posted
- Aeana for helping me with the thread title
- shidoshi for the banner

TheExodu5

Banned
YES!

Time to play the game finally (after I beat Nocturne dammit...or maybe not).

I've been holding off on my P3 playthrough for like 3 months now because of FES.

I've never played P3, or any game in the STM/Persona series. But I read a bit about it, and it piqued my interest enough to pick it up. I'm looking forward to next week.

Error

can anyone give me a good banner? I'll give you credit in the OP!

mjc

I started DDS today so I have to finish that before I even think about touching FES. I'll buy it day one though.

zoku88

The new additions almost make me want to play the edited main story. I'm guessing those screens are from the edited main story T_T

TheExodu5 said:
YES!

Time to play the game finally (after I beat Nocturne dammit...or maybe not).

I've been holding off on my P3 playthrough for like 3 months now because of FES.
Yeah, I have this ordered from amazon. I'll start it after Nocturne, which I'm about halfway through right now.

How far are you in your Nocturne playthrough, btw?

Firestorm said:
Slightly off-topic, but Shin Mega Tensei: Nocturne seems to be $45 new at Play Asia? That's a rare game right?
Fuck. This could have saved me $34 if I had seen this a month ago.

Error

zoku88 said:
The new additions almost make me want to play the edited main story. I'm guessing those screens are from the edited main story T_T
the first one is from the epilogue, the other 2 are from main game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Green Shinobi said:
Yeah, I have this ordered from amazon. I'll start it after Nocturne, which I'm about halfway through right now.

How far are you in your Nocturne playthrough, btw?

Not that far I suppose. I'm leaving the Mantis HQ right now.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
to throw a dumb and vague question out there, what makes this game awesome? i'm interested but don't know anything at all.

Volcynika

Even after taking 80 hours to beat the original, I still want to go through the whole thing again. Dammit, why do finals have to be the first full week of May...

Matchew

Someone help please. I don't know if I should get this or Nocturne which one as the better story and gameplay? I never played a SMT game before either.

Reilly

SFGamer said:
Someone help please. I don't know if I should get this or Nocturne which one as the better story and gameplay? I never played a SMT game before either.
Both, but if you can only get one, get Nocturne.

stawnkald

Gold Member
I'm fucking excited, I've had to restrain myself about 5 times from replaying the game for a 3rd time in order to wait for FES, but the time is almost nigh.

The Nocturne for $45 thing totally made my day, I sold off my original LE copy of it a few years back and regret it now, so I jumped all over that this morning.

Ferrio

Banned
Hope I can get through it. I tend to get disinterested in RPGs after I've played through them, and I've done the first ~15 hours in P3.... so I'm going to have to replay that 15 hours...

Looking forward to this though I'm currently trying to play through three RPGs(Star Ocean 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, and Tales of the Abyss)

soul

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Looking forward to this though I'm currently trying to play through three RPGs(Star Ocean 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, and Tales of the Abyss)

You can finish VP2 in four days, drop SO3 and tales. FES is going to be so much better, any way.

mollipen

Error - do me a favor and replace the banner with the revised version I edited into my post. I had the stroke on the logo a bit wonky originally.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I pre-ordered this at Amazon... can't wait. I don't think I'll go through the main quest on this one because I already beat it... BUT
I am pissed that you can actually play the games in the Game Panic... that's ALL I wanted when I played through it the first time... damnit.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I preordered two copies at GS: one to play, and one to cuddle with at night. :D

I'm actually not sure that I'll be playing it any time soon, but I loved P3 so much I just couldn't help myself. I've been thinking about picking up a sealed copy of the original just to keep sealed.

NichM

Banned
El_TigroX said:
I am pissed that you can actually play the games in the Game Panic... that's ALL I wanted when I played through it the first time... damnit.

If it makes you feel better, you "play" the games at Game Panic just like you "sing" karaoke or "watch" movies at the cinema.

mollipen

Mr. Spinnington said:
Can someone clear this up for me, if you transfer P3 data to FES do you start the game from the beginning?

Yes. Transferring data does stuff like copying over your three personality stats and Persona compendium information, but doesn't allow you to pick up where you left off.

Yaweee

Himuro said:
Poor Cpro.

=(

No, this is probably better than my version, though could you list the changes to Hard mode?
*Various cummulative damage factors, like 1.5x from all enemies, extra 1.2x when knocked down.
*Shadows move faster, just as they do in FES.
*Harder to run from shadows.
*Shadows still have a chance for initiative, even if you hit them first to start combat.
*Compendium prices 4x. <<<< What I think is the most significant change. No more easily getting ultimates or quests.

Should also mention that the 30 hours that Atlus claims is likely crap. I hear 15-20 hours, as there is not much exploration or sidequests. If you're good and can beat bosses at a low level, you can get ahead to harder (and more exp-ful) enemies faster.

Top Bottom