• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS5 logo. It's so beautiful

Shrap

For us that lived through the original logo....it can't look 'futuristic'...
I don't mean the same design, I mean make a new logo but have it sharp like the PS2's logo was. I "lived through" the original logo too.

Breakage

I'm guessing the rounded typeface is a hold over from the convex design of the PS3. I think Sony should have ditched it with the PS4 (it didn't sit well with the sharp angular lines of the PS4's hardware in my view). It just looks child-like and even more awkward with the 5. It would have been nice to see Sony go for something more sharper and distinctive.

Still the same since ps3 generation. I remember when ppl complained about it.
Yeah some people were bitching about Spiderman font. Mostly Xbox fantards making big deal about a logo. So they changed the ps3 logo to this style. It's also when the 299 slim came out and Kevin butler ads.

Sony really turned the ship around at thsy point.
Honestly I'm fine with this. Why spend more money hiring a designer on a logo that already works and is mainstay. It signals a continuation of greatness.

keraj37

Should have flipped the PS2 logo.

maxresdefault.jpg

ZywyPL

Banned
I for one was really hoping for finally a change from that fugly PS3 Slim font/logo. I wasn't a fan of the original PS3 font to begin with, as it was directly tied up with the Spider-Man movie, which I found to be absolute garbage, but at least that font was mature, sleek, premium, it was a perfect fit to what the PS3 was, a high-end, cutting-edge media center. And then they screw it up with the introduction of the PS3 Slim model, with IMO childish and cartoony font/logo, I mean, that's exactly something what Nintendo should use if you a ask me. And now we're at it again... Well, chances are they'll redesign everything like they usually do when releasing a Slim model, but until then, PS2 logo and the whole console design remains unbeaten in my books.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I like the PS2 logo the best. That shade of blue was nice.

The PS1 logo was very good too.

The other ones lack colour. The PS5 logo looks a lot like the PS3's. But everybody has noticed that already.

DonF

giphy.gif

I like it. Shows that the brand is strong and the console is clearly the next generation of PlayStation.
Not like the Wii U or the series X. No confusion for the average consumer.

We all know that, really, the PS5 logo should just be Jim 'my-drunken-Irish-uncle' Ryan's face and nothing else. Put that mug on the front of every PS5 system and watch them fly off the shelves.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The amount of time on a logo should be minimal, I can't wait to have the PS5 all to myself.

I wish they would change it up but i cant say i really care all that much about a logo. I hope they do maybe a yellow color, just cus that would be interesting. PS5 will be mine day one, hopefully

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Ps 1 logo rules, represents that time span when games were not that too serious about themselves. This new logo is boring like the old ones(except ps2-it was average)

Banned
Funny, because apparently both PS5 AND PS6 designs have just been leaked:

DUo1HdO.jpg

no joke, I wouldn't even be surprised if they actually went with that PS5 design... make it look more uniform (all the slits having the same hight) and basically like a big slanted cube with slits in it... and hidden inside those are the disc drive and the USB ports.

Banned
Can't imagine it. Red has traditionally been the colour of "budget" for Sony.

24_16X9_PRJ_POST_ORG_1280X720_PT_001A_2X.png

5475214065_7b5a536da7_z.jpg
sly-cooper-3.jpg

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

jesus fucking christ... stop!
Sony's budget covers have always been so fucking ugly... I always avoided these things like the plague!

their only good budget design was the PAL PS1 Platinum covers, whose actually looked kinda nice and the first PS1 game I bought myself was Driver 2 Platinum. (I was freaking 11yo at the time and the game is USK 16 but the lady at the store I bought it never looked at the age rating and sold everything to kids lol)
driver-2-platinumvxj4i.jpg

CJY

Banned
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

jesus fucking christ... stop!
Sony's budget covers have always been so fucking ugly... I always avoided these things like the plague!

their only good budget design was the PAL PS1 Platinum covers, whose actually looked kinda nice and the first PS1 game I bought myself was Driver 2 Platinum. (I was freaking 11yo at the time and the game is USK 16 but the lady at the store I bought it never looked at the age rating and sold everything to kids lol)
driver-2-platinumvxj4i.jpg
What the fuck you on about? Stop what?

CJY

Banned
so you think those greatest hits designs look good?
well these aren't the worst I guess

pc-and-video-games-games-ps3-sniper-ghost-warrior-platinum.jpg

🤮 🤮 🤮
Open your fucking eyes and read before you post.

I said nothing about the design of those covers. Only making the point about why Sony won't use the colour Red as their signature colour next gen.

You need to get your eyes checked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom