• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS5 logo. It's so beautiful

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Now imagine this cover for PS5

Black is much better and so good
enSdHG7.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
Waiting the inevitable thread when sony confirms that controllers will include cross, square, triangle and circle btns.
That is one of most iconics design choice in videogame industry.

They will never change it.

That was one these genius ideias that happens in the world.

Last edited:
Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about typography (I'm an expert), but line weights and boldface are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Redmond where you can design a logo with wingdings clipart in MS Paint and call it a day. If you screw up the typeface in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to steal another superhero font.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase PS5, nor will they purchase any PSN games or movies using The Rave is In Your Pants (or Papyrus) fonts. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel PS5 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

thelastword

Banned
People actually take this thread seriously? Lol
Some people hate that there is more excitement for a PS LOGO, than the Series X box reveal.....So of course they hate the Logo..... :lollipop_Mr_Smith:

PS5 logo reveal vs. Xbox Series X reveal

hYHYJYI.jpg

meIg5ZM.jpg
People will anticipate and like what they like, regardless of fake hype and FUD....I'm talking Fud about the 12 vs 9TF.... and of course hyping a 23.976 video at 60% of 4K as if it was in-game.....

I don't know how much the rest of you know about typography (I'm an expert), but line weights and boldface are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Redmond where you can design a logo with wingdings clipart in MS Paint and call it a day. If you screw up the typeface in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is to steal another superhero font.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase PS5, nor will they purchase any PSN games or movies using The Rave is In Your Pants (or Papyrus) fonts. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

What the f*ck i just read?? Wooooooosh, this is realy... Did you take drugs?? Cous this is like a brainfart😉
Tell me, they used the same fonts on the PS4...yeah that killed the PS4 in Japan...🙄

Last edited:

Great pasta, haven't read in a while 8/10 :p

sendit

Not sure which thread is worse. This or the millions of threads we have on the Xbox One Series X design.

Top Bottom