• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

Mau ®

mckmas8808 said:
Actually I want MGS4 to get pushed back to 2008 now. Too many good games in 2007.

I actually want more than just MGS4 to be pushed back. This is A LOT of content for the Fall timeframe. Oh well..

Aeon712

I used this thread and the videos from Gamers Day that are on Youtube to help sell 5 PS3's tonight at work. One guy I thought was gonna ****** over seeing Socom :lol.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Mmmkay said:
So did this slip by us all? All the Sega Rally Revo images released today were dated from March 29th, except this one.

932809_20070516_screen001.jpg
Yea, but the video they released for it, was so horribly compressed it really wasnt worth discussing at all.

anddo0

mckmas8808 said:
Actually I want MGS4 to get pushed back to 2008 now. Too many good games in 2007.

Crazy as it sounds I wouldn't mind a delay my self.. Hell save it for next March or something.

Bebpo

Banned
Stop wishing for MGS4 delays people.

I'd rather they delay EVERY OTHER GAME THAT'S NOT MGS4 and MGS4 comes out this year.

Aeon712 said:
I used this thread and the videos from Gamers Day that are on Youtube to help sell 5 PS3's tonight at work. One guy I thought was gonna ****** over seeing Socom :lol.

Same here....sent two of my friends to watch the trailers after work today and they both went out and bought a PS3 tonight (of course, we are all rich bitches). +2 for PS3....you hear me Ken? I am doing my part you bastard....now give me CGI Killzone and I will proselytize to the masses. ;)

FtsH

mckmas8808 said:

Sony needs as many good games as possible this autumn and winter. Should they failed this holiday season, next time you saw MGS4 trailer it would be labeled as "only on Xbox360" !

Raistlin

I don't want to turn this into a consolewarz thread, but in my mind these videos are starting show some differentiation between the 360 and PS3.

It looks like the PS3 architecture is simply better suited for large-scale level designs. As GoW has proved, Xenos is an absolute shader-beast ... but CELL, in combination with BluRay and guaranteed HDD, seems to be key in producing giant, seamless worlds with tons of dynamic elements.

Certainly dev competency and budget are having some influence in what I'm talking about, but the amount of titles showing this just seems to be too hard to ignore. Sony obviously went in a bit of a different direction as compared to 360 in terms of design goals. In my opinion, Sony’s choice showed more forethought as to what many gamers have contemplated as being ‘next-gen’.

FtsH

Arde0 said:
Same here....sent two of my friends to watch the trailers after work today and they both went out and bought a PS3 tonight (of course, we are all rich bitches). +2 for PS3....you hear me Ken? I am doing my part you bastard....now give me CGI Killzone and I will proselytize to the masses. ;)

they should refund $$$ to all the early PS3 buyers, or at least a free copy of <insert the game you want most>.

Dante

evolution said:
6b3hu8h.jpg

The way that girl was acting, makes me think she's going to be some sadistic killing machine when she fights

She is definetly crazy after watching this vid :)

<< #1 kai fanboy :p

Can't wait to see what "Twing Twang" is

disc

Banned
Except, why should people buy a PS3 right this instant? To watch trailers? Because that really is all we've got.

vpance

Why do Nariko and sis have British accents?
confused0007.gif

That's a bit culturally fcked i think. But still, it's a nice voice though.

They shouldve got Zhang Zi Yi as voice actress in there to Asianify it more. Engrish and stuff :D

Dante said:
She is definetly crazy after watching this vid :)

<< #1 kai fanboy :p

Can't wait to see what "Twing Twang" is
Notice how she's got a gun on her back? Now, what sound does a bullet make when it hits a piece of metal? Aha!

crazy girl + heavy weapons guy = Kai

Who touched Sasha?

shanjun

my guess:Current ps3 SKU paused.Will launch another new model with lower price tag this fall. Along with HOME experience and exclusive AAA titles.

Steroyd

disc said:
Except, why should people buy a PS3 right this instant? To watch trailers? Because that really is all we've got.

Because they're paying for potential.

Which looks to be realised as soon as awesome Autumn this year. :)

Agreed, the potential for this system is amazing.

I already love it for the Blu-ray drive - movies in 1080p and uncompressed 7.1 PCM are incredible. Resistance and Motorstorm for me are icing on the cake.

I also get the feeling they will work on a new PS3 SKU.

I'm about to order a 160GB Seagate 2.5" SATA HDD for my PS3. Can't wait to take advantage of all the space this Fall. :D

tribal24

Banned
what else can they take out to make the sku cheaper though is what i wanna know

Cold-Steel said:
Agreed, the potential for this system is amazing.

I already love it for the Blu-ray drive - movies in 1080p and uncompressed 7.1 PCM are incredible. Resistance and Motorstorm for me are icing on the cake.

I also get the feeling they will work on a new PS3 SDK.

I'm about to order a 160GB Seagate 2.5" SATA HDD for my PS3. Can't wait to take advantage of all the space this Fall. :D

Onix said:
Nothing.

65nm and BluRay economy of scale will take care of it.

but by how much?

I really thought the only way they'd even release the console so crazy high was if they thought they could get the cost to make the unit drop much faster than the normal console cycle, and the console would be 100-200 cheaper within a year or so. At a MINIMUM it needs to be $400, and even that is pushing it.

love the console, the games, and watching blu-ray (esp with netflix) but they got to get this cost down ASAP and start moving some units! I don't want to see the support completely dry up on my console purchase

Raistlin

I would guess the above would certainly drop manufacturing costs by $100 versus the launch systems.

That doesn't mean Sony will pass that on right away though.

Yoboman

gketter said:
but by how much?

I really thought the only way they'd even release the console so crazy high was if they thought they could get the cost to make the unit drop much faster than the normal console cycle, and the console would be 100-200 cheaper within a year or so. At a MINIMUM it needs to be $400, and even that is pushing it.

love the console, the games, and watching blu-ray (esp with netflix) but they got to get this cost down ASAP and start moving some units! I don't want to see the support completely dry up on my console purchase
The Blu ray diodes are already down by over $100

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152466&highlight=diodes

And the EE/GS chip has been removed, that's another $30. Who knows about the pricing as for the rest of the PS3 is scaling to though. But I think they should feel they can more efficiently drop the price by Fall.

Heh - someone said SDK and I didn't even look I just assumed SKU without even thinking.

They will probably keep the 60GB standard size going into the future.

HDD upgrade is probably unlikely for the near future.

65nm is a given, perhaps we will see SIXAXIS with rumble in Q4 (if it isn't revealed at E3, it's not coming at all this year), and I expect retailer bundles to become the norm - already the system is being bundled with games or the Blu-ray remote to give more value to the price.

Who knows? Maybe MGS4 got delayed because SIXAXIS with rumble won't make this year.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't give a **** about rumble, I always turned it off. I'm never gonna turn it on either unless the game forces me to.

-Rogue5-

I think a lot of the PS3's upcoming software looks more next-gen-ish than anything on the 360 thus far. Not necessarily better in all cases, but a few significant steps in the right direction that aren't as apparent on any 360 games. Motorstorm is a perfect example; no other racer has that kind of visual individuality. I'm seeing the same thing with Heavenly Sword, Ratchet, Uncharted, MGS4, and LAIR.

SOCOM, on the other hand, looks pretty mundane -- it's what I expected, not what I was hoping for... know what I mean?

...Let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic.

disc

Banned
Cold-Steel said:
Heh - someone said SDK and I didn't even look I just assumed SKU without even thinking.

They will probably keep the 60GB standard size going into the future.

HDD upgrade is probably unlikely for the near future.

65nm is a given, perhaps we will see SIXAXIS with rumble in Q4 (if it isn't revealed at E3, it's not coming at all this year), and I expect retailer bundles to become the norm - already the system is being bundled with games or the Blu-ray remote to give more value to the price.

Who knows? Maybe MGS4 got delayed because SIXAXIS with rumble won't make this year.

SKU I can understand but people didn't seem to be buying the cheaper 20GB version even though there was nothing wrong with it.

Yixian

Banned
vpance said:
They shouldve got Zhang Zi Yi as voice actress in there to Asianify it more. Engrish and stuff :D

Can you imagine how much it'd cost to hire Zhang Ziyi?

Anyway, is this pseudo-japanese or pseudo-chinese? I'd thought japanese, but now I think about it, I'm not so sure. Possibly chinese, with the architecture, patterns, that sumo lookin' guy.

lupin23rd

Sumo is Japanese dude :)

Did no one take a video of DMC4? Seriously? Or is more shit on hold for the time being? A demo better be coming soon, although if it's not coming out soon I probably don't want to play it too early.

m

Yixian

Banned
What irritates me is that many of these games seem complete/almost complete - and the late 2007 release dates just seem excessive.

Woakes

Yixian said:
What irritates me is that many of these games seem complete/almost complete - and the late 2007 release dates just seem excessive.

There's probably some sort of Price Drop + AAA game overload + holiday season relaunch thing on Sony's mind. Not a bad idea really. They can leave the Wii competing with the PS2 in the meantime, neither of which exclude people from buying a ps3 or 360 financially and squeeze the last few pennies out of the early adopters. While they're probably not too worried about the 360, which is not doing that great either (and which does seem to be showing declining adoption rates). MS and Sony both need a lot of patience this gen for their various strategies to pan out. I'm not really sure the Wii is even competing with the 360 and ps3 at the moment, it's in a market space all of it's own (total genius from Nintendo). Damn this is a topsy turvey gen.

I didn't mean to post any of that in this thread :p

All the screenshots make me an early adopter despite the fact none of these games are due any time soon - colour me an easy sell :p Heavenly sword looks awesome, best faces I've seen in a long time. That's what I came in here to post :)

Yixian

Banned
Woakes said:
There's probably some sort of Price Drop + AAA game overload + holiday season relaunch thing on Sony's mind. Not a bad idea really.

This is true. I'm wondering how they're going to pull that off though, because that moment is going to be critical for the PS3. They're going to have to really advetise the living shit out of the console, in all 3 regions.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Pricedrop schmice drop.
Give me a bleeping White model already - it's just a stroke of good fortune that I decided to wait for new Samsung LCDs until I buy a home PS3, so maybe I can snatch a Limited White Edition with MinGolf or something (no I'm not expecting anything like that, but a man can dream).

wazoo

-Rogue5- said:
I think a lot of the PS3's upcoming software looks more next-gen-ish than anything on the 360 thus far.

of course, this is next gen, ps3 is the new dreamcast I heard. Have you ever seen a bad looking DC game ??

Not necessarily better in all cases, but a few significant steps in the right direction that aren't as apparent on any 360 games. Motorstorm is a perfect example; no other racer has that kind of visual individuality. I'm seeing the same thing with Heavenly Sword, Ratchet, Uncharted, MGS4, and LAIR.

CELL should help to get out of the "upgrade textures in HD" path, which is a GPU centric view.

SOCOM, on the other hand, looks pretty mundane -- it's what I expected, not what I was hoping for... know what I mean?

...Let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic.

SOCOM is a PSN game.

Yixian

Banned
Ok I'm confused, I just saw an interview with the prod for LBP, and he said we'd get a demo late this year, a BD next year... but didn't mention the PSN download.

This game is released in full on the PSN this year right?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Yixian said:
Ok I'm confused, I just saw an interview with the prod for LBP, and he said we'd get a demo late this year, a BD next year... but didn't mention the PSN download.

This game is released in full on the PSN this year right?

No not in full. I think he meant the demo is what's going to be on PSN this year. With a fuller BD game coming out early next year.

Dante

mckmas8808 said:
No not in full. I think he meant the demo is what's going to be on PSN this year. With a fuller BD game coming out early next year.

I think the BR disc is just going to contain the highest rated user created levels.

PSN will be the full game if i remember correctly.

Top Bottom