• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official SQUARE ENIX presents DK3713 Private Party 2008 Thread (READ THE OP)

If NOT for the 360 announcement, would FFXIII make it out in the US before 2010?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

When: 2nd and 3rd Aug 2008, 10 AM to 1 PM (Session 1), 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM (Session 2), 5 PM to 8 PM (Session 3)
Where: Harajuku Quest Hall
Official Site: http://www.square-enix.com/jp/event/dks3713/

The show is OVER as far as announcements and news goes. This is a 3 hour event spread out over 6 sessions in 2 days to allow for only 400 people at each session to prevent overcrowding. THERE IS NO MORE NEWS.

NEWS

- The 3rd Birthday will be on the PSP as well. Nomura's team will be working on it. FUCK YES! :D
- The Dissidia special download contents at the event is a Dissidia PSP Custom Theme.
- KINGDOM HEARTS coded (mobile) has a release window of Winter 2008.
- The FFXIII demo will be included in FFVIIACC, as will trailers for VersusXIII and AgitoXIII: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1217141_1124.html?ref=rss
- There will also be a FFVIIACC PS3 bundle. The release will be in March 2009.
- FF AgitoXIII will also be released on the PSP, no release window. The 3rd Birthday PSP will be out in 2009.
- FF VersusXIII's trailer says "Playstation3 only Worldwide".
- Dissidia PSP bundle confirmed. Release date will be in Dec 2008.
- KH DS is "this winter" without the 2008, so maybe early 2009.
- KH PSP is 2009.
- VersusXIII with have a fashion collaboration with the ROEN fashion branding. The characters in the game will all be wearing ROEN fashion designs. Expensive taste!

Coverage from various JP blogs on the various games at the show:

Dissidia: Onion Knight is voiced by Jun Fukuyama, Cloud of Darkness is Masako Ikeda and Kefka is Shigeru Chiba. There appears to be a chessboard looking system, in the new trailer but it is unclear if this is an intermission mechanic between stages or if it is something similar to the Sphere and Licence grid systems. Might be more of the latter. Sephiroth is also seen in the realtime ingame engine for the first time. Golbez and Exdeath show up at the end and don't have any game or story scenes in the trailer. The demo on the show floor has Warrior of Light, Garland, Onion Knight, Tidus, Squall and Zidane as playable characters. When playing as Tidus, the Otherworld BGM is used. When you win a battle in Dissidia, you appear to gain equipment items, so although there is no equipment menu in the demo it's probably a part of the game.

The 3rd Birthday: The trailer starts with footage from both PE and PE2. There isn't much information on the actual trailer, so it's probably just CG footage from the wedding scene along with catch phrases and voice overs. It's the first trailer on the trailer reel, so maybe people just weren't paying much attention at first lol. It's definitely a continuation of PE and PE2 though, since the first two games are actually acknowledged in the trailer now.

Sigma Harmonics: Nothing new in the trailer, game's coming out this month anyway. The soundtrack (including Hirano Aya's theme song) will be out on 24th Sept for 2500yen.

FFVIIACC: 30 mins of new footage and other reedit/cleanups. I hate AC, so I'm not going to read what scenes are new or whatever. Don't really care, sorry. The only important thing is that it's going to come with the fucking FFXIII demo wooo yeaaaah lolz. The PS3 bundle should sell really well in Japan too.

KH Coded: This is a cellphone game which isn't being moved to DS or PSP at this time so I doubt anyone cares. Coming out in Winter 2008 for those in Japan who care.

KH DS: The biggest new part of the trailer is actual footage of the new 14th member of the OrgXIII. It's a girl named Shion (Xion? I dunno, these names suck), and she looks and sounds a lot like Kairi. Blahblahblah. The BGM used is The Other Promise. Coming this Winter.

KH PSP: Woo hoo! Something I care about at last! Aqua's voice actress should please fans of Crisis Core, since Toyoguchi voiced Cissine too! Awesome, I can't wait. The trailer seems to confirm that Snow White will also be in the game in addition to Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. I love these oldschool Disney worlds, fuck yeah. The trailer ends with Aqua facing off with Maleficent in Dragon form. The BGM in the trailer is Fate of the Unknown. The demo had two chapters modes, the Terra one is set in Enchanted Kingdom (Sleeping Beauty?) while the Ventus chapter is Castle of Dreams (Cinderella?). The new enemies in BbS are called Unbirths. The Terra boss is Wheel Master, and the Ventus boss is Lucifer. Controls like KH on PS2 except with a power bar you can build up for specials. Seems pretty awesome, etc etc. I can't wait. 2009.

FFXIII: There was actual gameplay footage being shown outside of the trailer, and it's basically Lightning running around in a field. The design is said to be very much like FFXII but enhanced, which probably means it's wide open spaces and the camera is more of a third person camera rather than the fixed position overhead camera from FFX. There are NO battles in the footage, so this does not mean anything as far as encounters and battles go, just field stuff. The game also uses the 3D world a lot more naturally, like Lightning and her companions being able to jump twice their height, and there also appear to be a rolling move.

FFVersusXIII: The realtime footage shown is also test field movement footage. There's a scene outside the church, Olympus Collossium and a mountain path. Aside from the normal action movements, Versus also seems to have the Zero Shift ability from ZoE2, where you can jump and teleport forward quickly. Just like Nomura promised!

FFAgitoXIII: Another ambitious cellphone project that has been moved to the PSP. No cellphone or mobile info in sight, but it's for PSP now. The new trailer has more realtime footage and it looks much better than from last year apparently. The game is still the same as before, it's a school setting with themes of war and fantasy at the same time. Odin is shown in the trailer, and the game also seems to be going for a more action RPG system now instead of previously planned command based system. There've been speculation that this could very well be what S-E will use as their Monster Hunter Portable killer under the FFXIII branding now.

What will be there

"Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII" series

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) - Video
Final Fantasy Agito XIII (Mobile) - Video
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3) - Video

"Kingdom Hearts" series

Kingdom Hearts coded (Mobile) - Video
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS) - Video, Playable
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP) - Video, Playable

Others

Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) - Video, Playable
The 3rd Birthday (Mobile) - Video
Sigma Harmonics (DS) - Video, Playable
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete (Blu-ray) - Video

Special Contents

For fans who bring along their PSPs, there will be special content downloads for Dissidia Final Fantasy at the Playstation Spot booths at the event. There are no details as to what these special contents are, but you'll need a PSP with the latest firmware version installed, and a memory stick with free space on it. The amount of space has not been specified either, so it is unlikely to be a demo, probably just wallpapers and themes.

3:00AM: The Party opens in VII hours! Get hyped!

7:00AM: 3 hours left people, Aya Brea awaits our reunion!

8:30AM: Only 1:30 hours left. See the Lightning flash across the sky!

9:00AM: Damn people, only an hour left! It's time to gather all your favorite heroes and villains and prepare for the battle royale!

9:30AM: Only 30 minutes left to go, kids. Whole new worlds are just across the horizon now...

FrankT

Watching for "pendulum swinging" activity. My guesses remain the same FF XIII demo on FFAC Blu Ray or the original FF VII in some kind of form on PSN, can't wait. Don't disappoint.

Remember not to set your hopes too high everyone. This event is just Nomura and Kitase focused so don't expect things beyond that.

Ariexv

Jtyettis said:
Watching for "pendulum swinging" activity. My guesses remain the same FF XIII demo on FFAC Blu Ray or the original FF VII in some kind of form on PSN, can't wait. Don't disappoint.
They release FF remakes at full price on Psp/DS why would they do a PSN version?

oneHeero

FF7 remake on DS or Wii, I'll fucken die if that happens. I swear to god I'll slit my fucken wrist if that happens. Dont let me down SE!

Askia47

DMPrince said:
|High Expectation
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|Low Expectation
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|[Where you should set it.]

As of right now I only expect some announcement on Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete. Everything else is extra, I'm setting my expectations LOW. Dissdia Looks interesting too.

Zophar

GoldandBlue said:
Remember not to set your hopes too high everyone. This event is just Nomura and Kitase focused so don't expect things beyond that.
Are you suggesting there are other people at S-E that matter?

Rpgmonkey

Dot50Cal said:
Not all of us are Japano-philes who are tuned to Japan's timezone you know :p

You in NA?

It's 13 hours ahead of eastern time, making it 9:00.

14 for central (8:00), 15 for mountain (7:00), and 16 for pacific (6:00).

That should be it...

Zophar said:
Are you suggesting there are other people at S-E that matter?
Yes. Sorry but I'm not really a huge fan of those two. Not saying I dislike them, but there are others within SE stuff I enjoy more.

SolidSnakex said:
Hashimoto already confirmed that it's not happening right now because they're too busy.
And even if they did announce it, we'd have to wait for FFXIII and FFVersusXIII to be completed which will be in a looooong looooooong time.

GoldandBlue said:
And even if they did announce it, we'd have to wait for FFXIII and FFVersusXIII to be completed which will be in a looooong looooooong time.

Pretty much. I mean they've got to have Versus member come over and help sometimes on XIII. So there's no way that they should even think of making a FF7 remake right now.

duckroll

Dot50Cal said:
Not all of us are Japano-philes who are tuned to Japan's timezone you know :p

Did you miss the last line of the post? I mean, I really don't think I missed anything out at all. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
gamergirly said:
No FF7 Remake then...

No these are just the public games. Most people expect FFVII-2 for PSP and PS3, FFVIIr for PS3, and FFVII ported to PSN... and Final Fantasy XIII is being canceled for 360, responding to overwhelmingly negative fan response...

Also Nomura's latest project, "Blackened Angel", an M-rated RPG featuring a troubled protagonist, ベルトのジッパー (no English translation yet, I asked my friend who is really into anime to help out), is showing a 10 minute trailer and gameplay vid.

Acid08

Banned
oneHeero said:
FF7 remake on DS or Wii, I'll fucken die if that happens. I swear to god I'll slit my fucken wrist if that happens. Dont let me down SE!
That would be fucking horrible and I hate you for saying it.

Ariexv

Stumpokapow said:
No these are just the public games. Most people expect FFVII-2 for PSP and PS3, FFVIIr for PS3, and FFVII ported to PSN... and Final Fantasy XIII is being canceled for 360, responding to overwhelmingly negative fan response...

:lol

Stumpokapow said:
Also Nomura's latest project, "Blackened Angel", an M-rated RPG featuring a troubled protagonist, ベルトのジッパー (no English translation yet, I asked my friend who is really into anime to help out), is showing a 10 minute trailer and gameplay vid.
Wait, what? When was this announced?

Stumpokapow said:
2zg7onn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom