• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sunset Overdrive Trailer

SSReborn

Thats not exactly stealthy.

You can see how much interest its garnered though considering their twitter feed is just post after post of "Xbox One exclusive, Microsoft are publishing"
Not surprising considering they're probably followed by majority PS fans.

Anyways the game looks awesome you can see the seeds from all their other games coming together. If I ever get an xb1 I'll definitely pick it up

I just want to mention how awesome the fire and explosions are in this. I feel like we haven't been getting a lot of real "next-gen" explosions yet this gen outside of scripted events.

"This is the game we were building up to for 20 years"

That can be considered a kick in the teeth for some. Supporting Insomnaic for 20 years and they release an excellent game on a rival platform where 90% does not reside.
As an Insomniac fan, I'm not sure why you didn't know that this was an X1 game last year when they announced it. 'Sides, I'm sure they've got PS4 stuff on the horizon.

VLiberty

Looks fun. Unfortunately, I don't have an X1 and won't for some time :-(

images

Vestal

Gold Member

That can be considered a kick in the teeth for some. Supporting Insomnaic for 20 years and they release an excellent game on a rival platform where 90% does not reside.

With that out of the way pity I won't get to play it for a long time.

I love the weaspons and the factions already make me smile.

Blame Sony for that one.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
God damn.... I have never felt so butthurt over a game before.

Insomniac: Here is this fun and bright looking game that is something we have wanted to make for 20 years, and we are not going to put it on the platform family that people have been playing our games .

Instead we are going to put out 2 mediocre ratchet and clank games, a decent one and a bland, lifeless shooter called FUSE.

sorry you feel that way, but know we had to partner with the right group that believed in us and the vision of the game, wanted to see that vision came to life, and was ok with us retaining the rights to our creation.

In all of those regards, Microsoft has been a terrific partner in making Sunset Overdrive reality.

Anion

Hawt damn, I want this now

sorry you feel that way, but know we had to partner with the right group that believed in us and the vision of the game, wanted to see that vision came to life, and was ok with us retaining the rights to our creation.

In all of those regards, Microsoft has been a terrific partner in making Sunset Overdrive reality.
Nice!

Now go back to work! I really got hyped

Insomniac: Here is this fun and bright looking game that is something we have wanted to make for 20 years, and we are not going to put it on the platform family that people have been playing our games .

Instead we are going to put out 2 mediocre ratchet and clank games, a decent one and a bland, lifeless shooter called FUSE.

Ah, the pain is strong and stinging.

Wonder why Sony wouldn't pick this up. Maybe Insomniac wanted ownership of the IP and Sony refused while MS accepted.

Edit: yup, Jay confirmed

Jay! Turbans! Pls.

sjay1994

Well the game looks great. Just upset I can't play it because I can't afford another console.

Wish you guys the best though.

Vestal

Gold Member

Wow at this candid response. Thanks for that, a lot of people don't really know at all the closed door issues that can occur when creating games.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

With that out of the way pity I won't get to play it for a long time.

I love the weaspons and the factions already make me smile.

Show Insomniac some love and buy an Xbone!

Does this mean the sequel would be available on the PS4 as well? Great work in delivering a fantastic first impression of the game, you guys rock!

This is so the game for me. Thank you Insomniac! I am so excited. I wish MS would get preordering digitally going so I can preorder it to support them.

Does this mean the sequel would be available on the PS4 as well? Great work in delivering a fantastic first impression of the game, you guys rock!

He says under that Microsoft have been a terrific partner, I don't think the plan is to have Microsoft publish their game and if its a success go and put it on PS4...

Sydle

Okay, I'll take it back.

I meant Sly Cooper.

Jet Set Radio and Ratchet were before Sly. Maybe Sly and Ratchet came out at the same time (2002?). All great games, btw.

In any case, Sunset seems inspired by a lot of games and looks like a great new experience.

sjay1994

Show Insomniac some love and buy an Xbone!

I don't have the money :(

With university fees, the increased price of video games in canada, and the fact I am buying a wiiU now, I just can't do it.

Not going to port beg. Will probably have to find a friend who has an xbox one.

Miles X

If this is a success (don't see how it can't be) I hope MS and Insomniac form an even greater relationship and keep this exclusive, sounds like MS deserve it for supporting them in their vision and Sony couldn't do the same.

I can't be the only one who thinks that the traversal looks pretty bland? We've already seen much better parkour/traversal from inFamous and Titanfall that this just looks a bit bad.

Everything else looks good though, I'll wait for reviews first so I guess that's: DAY FUCKING TWO, right?

VLiberty

It could, but I don't think you should get your hopes up.

If they haven't done some kind of deal to get tot exclusive games, Microsoft will do it if the game will be succesful.

And if it won't be succesful, there won't be any sequel at all.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This looks so good. Who would have expected Insomniac to be the ones to drop by far the most interesting XBO exclusive title?

Bsigg12

I doubt it. It's being published by Microsoft because they let them do their thing. In order for it to end up on PS4, Insomniac would have to go through a 3rd party publisher which I don't see happening for this franchise. O mentioned this earlier, this is very close to the Gears of War situation before Microsoft ultimately bought the IP last year from Epic.

Not

Banned
Haha this looks cool but I don't know about the gameplay. Seems like Dead Rising without the enemy variety

If this is a success (don't see how it can't be) I hope MS and Insomniac form an even greater relationship and keep this exclusive, sounds like MS deserve it for supporting them in their vision and Sony couldn't do the same.

I don't agree with this since it makes some gamers take the collateral damage but to each their own.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Holy fuck! Mind blown. Looks much better than the footage earlier. I can see why they decided to release it early.

Top Bottom