• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Mario Galaxy Review Thread (1up - 9.5, EuroG - 10, GI - 9.75)

Zave

ThirstyFly said:
After seeing what Retro stuck into Metroid Prime 3 for WiiConnect, it's probably a good thing Nintendo didn't include any WiFi features in Galaxy. That's probably where the extra 1 in the score came from.
Eh eh, well, not really. We gave the game 11 out of 10 just to testify the greatness of Super Mario Galaxy and to make some ONM Italy haters more and more angry with the whole staff. :D

Zave said:
On ONM Italy we have mentioned a pair of imperfections on the visual side (i.e. the sand level, that I really haven't enjoyed that much... in graphical terms) and the lack of Nintendo Wi Fi Connection support of any kind. But still gave the game a 11 out of 10. :lol
YOU NEED TO POST A SCAN OF THIS :lol

Collector's Item in the making right there.

Zave said:
Eh eh, well, not really. We gave the game 11 out of 10 just to testify the greatness of Super Mario Galaxy and to make some ONM Italy haters more and more angry with the whole staff. :D

Post photo/scan now, i want to see the mayhem that ensues!

Zave

titiklabingapat said:
Also, you need to start a new thread when the scanes are leake. You should have the honor of leaking it!

I'll look forward to it tommorow.
Uhm, being the editor of the magazine, I don't think I deserve any "honor" in spreading/spamming some pages of the mag online. :)

CitizenCope said:
I'd like to see how many consoles this game sells.
Oh wait...
:D
f_Capturem_5157285.jpg

Zave said:
Uhm, being the editor of the magazine, I don't think I should have any "honor" in spreading/spamming some pages of the mag online. :)
It's okay, we're a mostly english speaking site. I really doubt you guys will lose any business if you post it here :p

Zave

titiklabingapat said:
It's okay, we're a mostly english speaking site. I really doubt you guys will lose any business if you post it here :p
Actually, I was hoping to get a bunch of new subscriptions from you guys. :lol
Enough with the Off Topic, I'll post the scan/image as soon as possible.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Geeze, I'm sorry guys. I only do 4chan image dumps in extreme situations, such as an salvageable awful thread, or when everyone else is doing it, or I'm just too lazy to do anything else.

I have been too occupied lately to create ORIGINAL CONTENTS. As you can see, the Second Fortress of Teams is filled with unsavory brigands who would desecrate even the most Holy of Holies:

cp_dustbowl0108-b.jpg

I must hunt down these fiends, and cleanse them with my purging flames.

slaughterking said:
OoT. Nothing else.
Soulcalibur.

Eyedol

Zave said:

This is why I'm proud to be Italian :lol

Hi Zave!

Mdk7

Zave said:
On ONM Italy we have mentioned a pair of imperfections on the visual side (i.e. the sand level, that I really haven't enjoyed that much... in graphical terms) and the lack of Nintendo Wi Fi Connection support of any kind. But still gave the game a 11 out of 10. :lol
LOL...
Hey Zave, how long did it take you to beat the game?

So, I've got a dilemma that I need a recommendation on:

I've got a proposed meeting for lunch on 11/13, which would make it impossible for me to pick up Galaxy during my lunch. Should I just pick up the game after work? That might just seem obvious. That would be the smart and responsible thing to do. But, my desire to have the game sit next to me all day wrapped up and shiny in its plastic while I work from 1-5 is unquestionable there. I've been waiting for this game since Mario 64.

I was 16 when that came out. I'm 27 now. I've waited 11 years for this. This meeting was just proposed yesterday. Now you tell me what should take precident. :lol

I'm crazy, I know. Especially since I won't have a chance to play it until I get home.

Green Shinobi said:
You have four reviews on a 1 to 10 scale. For whatever reason, they like to add the scores up. It's not one review on a forty point scale.

I'm not talking about Famitsu. I'm talking about Game Informer's 10 point scale with .25 increments, which adds up to a total of 40 possible scores.

Zave

Mdk7 said:
LOL...
Hey Zave, how long did it take you to beat the game?
I really don't know, usually I never play games taking care of the lenght in hours of gameplay. And talkin' about Super Mario Galaxy, I've been sucked into it in such a manner that time really flew. I think that the first 60 stars are rather "easy" to get, so the average gamer can finish the game without experiencing frustration and so on. But the other half of the game.. well, that's a whole different story.

Zave

Superblatt said:

I've got a proposed meeting for lunch on 11/13, which would make it impossible for me to pick up Galaxy during my lunch. Should I just pick up the game after work? That might just seem obvious. That would be the smart and responsible thing to do. But, my desire to have the game sit next to me all day wrapped up and shiny in its plastic while I work from 1-5 is unquestionable there. I've been waiting for this game since Mario 64.

I was 16 when that came out. I'm 27 now. I've waited 11 years for this. This meeting was just proposed yesterday. Now you tell me what should take precident. :lol

I'm crazy, I know. Especially since I won't have a chance to play it until I get home.
Indeed you are crazy, fuck the meeting, run for your life and Super Mario Galaxy as soon as possible. :p

Zave said:

Italians do it better :lol i'm italian too, good work. (Lo compro appena lo trovo in edicola :D)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Garcian said:
Out of interest, how many games have scored a 10 at IGN? Anyone know?

This is almost embarrassing to post:

PC: None
Cube: None
DS: None
PSP: None
PSX: None
PS2: None
PS3: None
Xbox: None
Xbox 360: None
Wii: None
GBA: None

N64: Ocarina of Time

Dreamcast: Soulcalibur

Neo Geo Pocket Color: Sonic the Hedgehog

Game Boy: Dragon Warrior 3, Zelda OoS, Zelda OoA, Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Silver, MGS: Ghost Babel, Magical Tetris Challenge, SNK v. Capcom, Pokemon Yellow, Mario Golf, Link's Awakening DX, Super Mario Bros DX, Shanghai, Checkered Flag, Joust, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Red

Yes, seriously.

Garcian

Stumpokapow said:
This is almost embarrassing to post:

PC: None
Cube: None
DS: None
PSP: None
PSX: None
PS2: None
PS3: None
Xbox: None
Xbox 360: None
Wii: None
GBA: None

N64: Ocarina of Time

Dreamcast: Soulcalibur

Neo Geo Pocket Color: Sonic the Hedgehog

Game Boy: Dragon Warrior 3, Zelda OoS, Zelda OoA, Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Silver, MGS: Ghost Babel, Magical Tetris Challenge, SNK v. Capcom, Pokemon Yellow, Mario Golf, Link's Awakening DX, Super Mario Bros DX, Shanghai, Checkered Flag, Joust, Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Red

Yes, seriously.

Thanks for that - makes for interesting reading :)

grandissimo zave, non vedo l'ora che esca il numero che lo prendo ^_^

Zave works for Official Nintendo Magazine a.k.a NRU and I love the score of Mario Galaxy

Mdk7

bronzodiriace said:
grandissimo zave, non vedo l'ora che esca il numero che lo prendo ^_^

Zave works for Official Nintendo Magazine a.k.a NRU and I love the score of Mario Galaxy
Bronzo Fanboy! ;P

Odrion

Banned
In all honesty I think that Galaxy probably won't warrant an honest to goodness 10 from IGN's scoring system.

But still, c'mon fuckers! Give it a 10. It's Mario and he is in space and you know you want to, you know you want to do it.

Superblatt said:

How critical is the meeting?

Edag Plata said:
Yeah, and all the Zelda gameboy games and Super Mario Bros Deluxe. They went 10 happy with GB games at one point.

EDIT: Beaten (pwned)
True, they did go 10-happy, but I know that Metal Gear definitely deserved the 10 it got.

John Dunbar said:
Didn't some of the Pokemon games get a 10?

During the GBC era, IGN's Game Boy section only gave games integer scores, so they were far more liberal with 10's than other IGN sites. If they had been reviewed after IGN GB started using the same scoring system, I'm sure that they would all have gotten slightly lower scores.

Top Bottom