• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread

Jim

This is now the official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread.

Official announcement/game info:

The Capcom arcade classic receives a whole new look as Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix comes to both the, PLAYSTATION Network and Xbox LIVE this fall. Capcom will maintain the integrity of the popular game by utilizing the original game code while upgrading the graphics with new artwork and high resolution 1080p images. Again, all of the art, from character animation to stage backgrounds, will be completely redrawn by Udon Entertainment, the company responsible for the official US Street Fighter series of comics. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix will include both online and offline competition for one to two players.

Capcom's official blog is usually updated on Fridays (with lots of great info), and is located here: http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/digital.php

Previously on GAF...

General stuff
Sprite detail/comparison:
ryu-sprites-large.jpg

ME0000818216_2.jpg

KEN
related thread

Sprite art
522406933_78f4d17560_o.jpg

548574763_bb281221a0_o.jpg

AKUMA
related thread

Sprite art
534723856_47471bda02.jpg

534826665_69544f00c2_o.jpg

534826685_8faa295f1c_o.jpg

GUILE
related thread

Sprite art
553171085_cd32b12c46_o.jpg

552890378_6fe31d1e53.jpg

553171273_8306a462b4_o.jpg

CHUN-LI
Continue screen art/animation
591167992_0d5a4deefb_o.gif

T.HAWK
Sprite art
666066838_7cb92d1e17_o.jpg

f@luS

More than a member.
u say "continue" screens? She asks for more? she took a lot already ......

/sorry

Srider

Banned
I'm starting to think Capcom really made a bad decision in their choice of art house to do the HD sprites.

Now that the coolness of the HD remix has settled in, people are looking at it with a more critical eye now. The result isn't pretty.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I like the direction these guys are heading with the update. Can't wait to see videos w/ the new sprites in motion.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Linkzg said:
those spots around her, thats blood...right?
Well, the Western editions of the original SFII had blood colored in white, so... :lol

-There have been many comments on why were not doing SFIII instead. This is the first time were doing something like this and we wanted to give a graphical improvement to the oldest, but best title. And thats Super Turbo in our opinion. Also, theres just a huge amount of frames in SFIII, much more so that Super Turbo. Trying to take that on for our first project such as this would be like jumping into the deep end of a pool when youre just learning to swim.

OMG, Third Strike remake very vaguely confirmed?

KingJ2002

"-There have been many comments on why were not doing SFIII instead. This is the first time were doing something like this and we wanted to give a graphical improvement to the oldest, but best title. And thats Super Turbo in our opinion. Also, theres just a huge amount of frames in SFIII, much more so that Super Turbo. Trying to take that on for our first project such as this would be like jumping into the deep end of a pool when youre just learning to swim."

Possibility of a SF3 HD Remix in the future???

count me in!!!

FFChris

"This week, I have another work-in-progress piece of art for you. This is Chun Li’s continue screen animation after losing a match. It still needs some work and of course needs to be colored in. Also, you’ll notice some random splotches on her. That’s blood that has not been colored in yet."

O rly...

She doesn't look like she's been beaten up. Her ribbons may be a little damaged and she might have some blood over her, but her face, hands and even clothes are too clean disregarding the blood.

oh wait i'm not makin lame overused jokes about white fluids and hentai post failed total

Jirotrom

Srider said:
I'm starting to think Capcom really made a bad decision in their choice of art house to do the HD sprites.

Now that the coolness of the HD remix has settled in, people are looking at it with a more critical eye now. The result isn't pretty.
im just happy its happening...so what about the sprites (which I think look great), the remake will hopefully bring some new people into 2-d fighter gaming. Every person counts.

Dali

McDragon said:
Jim, care to make this the official SSFIITHDRemix art/changes thread?

Bad idea, unless Jim plans on updating the OP with every new sprite.

Good to know they are responding to backlash against the suck ass job done on the Guile sprite.

_leech_ said:
OMG, Third Strike remake very vaguely confirmed?

It was vaguely confirmed in the last thread. The producer said something about other titles getting the HD treatment was incumbent upon SSFIITHDR sales.

Sapiens

The original if you are interested. someone want to blow it up?

chuny-hurt.gif

Also, the new Chun Li lose pose portrait is the first thing that has come out of this Udon mess that I've liked. Lets see how bad the colourist is going to mess it up...

Top Bottom