• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread

Green Biker Dude said:
I thought this was a good idea at first, but it looks terrible. Still better than SF2 3D, but damn it looks baaaaad. What the hell happened with Street Fighter, Capcom.

You are welcome under the SNK flag.

If you hate SF2.5 buy KOF12!

Dali

2ilfy3n.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Dali said:
The initial comment that sparked this was about the art being done by American fanboys.

I honestly thought they were American based, my bad. Either way, even in their comics while I do appreciate their rendering skill, they don't portray a style I like much myself (Its like they take the original Capcom designs and made them "ubber extreme!!1"

As for Comic Book artists not being able to animate, yeah thats not surprising. I went to Comic Book school, then had a 2d animation specialization and I can tell you that a lot of the Comic Book guys, while awesome at drawing, just don't grasp animation fundamentals well, thats something that takes years of training no matter how well you can draw technically.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
i mean, its nice and all, its SF fan meat and I like Alvin l art. But what most SF fans wanted was SF4 and we got it
3d/2d bitchin aside

..so this kinda not needed

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i mean, its nice and all, its SF fan meat and I like Alvin l art. But what most SF fans wanted was SF4 and we got it
3d/2d bitchin aside

..so this kinda not needed

Well, I guess the real draw now is playing a version of Fei Long that's actually GOOD.

Orobi

these portraits... the remade sprites... All looks like an amatorial flash game :(
Meh, poor Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo! :__(
I hope for a true 2D hi res Street Fighter sequel... Maybe one day

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Orobi said:
these portraits... the remade sprites... All looks like an amatorial flash game :(

WAT?

Am`a`to´ri`al
Of or pertaining to a lover or to love making; amatory; as, amatorial verses.

shagg_187 said:
Yep. The day they redo the sprites (blame MS), they jumped the shark.
Oh well, im still looking forward to this :)

Why?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The-Switcher said:
I prefer the angle/expression from the old ST portrait, personally.

blanka575.png

Agreed, the old one has a ton more personality and uniqueness (also, more detail relative to the sprite size). The new one looks like your basic Udon drawn face, but since its green and has a KA-RAZY mouth it has to be Blanka! :lol

Raging Spaniard said:
Agreed, the old one has a ton more personality and uniqueness (also, more detail relative to the sprite size). The new one looks like your basic Udon drawn face, but since its green and has a KA-RAZY mouth it has to be Blanka! :lol

lol

I don't find Udon's style meshes well when it comes to the portrait art.

I don't quite understand the intense hate this project gets.

Seriously, SSF2T + cleaned up, high rez sprites = win

Where's the issue here?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I'm really thinking this stuff will all look better in the context of the game and not highlighted in its singular, detached capture.

Definite wait and see. The Beta will make or break this game for sure in terms of whether or not it gets purchased.

It doesn't matter. I will buy this game. As long as the gameplay is the same and it has good net code...I'm there. I missed SF Anniversary and Hyper Fighting on Xbox Live, so this will be the first time I get to play competitively in Street Fighter in more than two years.

Raging Spaniard

GrayFoxPL said:
They did a lot better art for SS2T GBA. Why take a step back?

Different artists, one works for Capcom in Japan, the other is a Comic Book artist in the Americas

Mr Jared

Jack Random said:
I don't quite understand the intense hate this project gets.

Seriously, SSF2T + cleaned up, high rez sprites = win

Where's the issue here?

People who don't actually play Street Fighter but like to believe that they do or never played Super Turbo enough to begin with don't care because it's not Street Fighter IV. That's pretty much how I've seen it.

They also already know what consoles its coming to and that plays into it am i rite loolol

alkaline black said:
People who don't actually play Street Fighter but like to believe that they do or never played Super Turbo enough to begin with don't care because it's not Street Fighter IV. That's pretty much how I've seen it.

They also already know what consoles its coming to and that plays into it am i rite loolol

For my part, I think the newly redrawn stuff Udon unveiled looks way worse than the older HD sprites they started with.

But all of Sirlin's rebalancing I'm SUPER looking forward to :D

Raging Spaniard

alkaline black said:

Yeeeah that must be it.

Wait, no it isn't. I care about the game and I am very excited about the rebalancing and the online features, the problem is the art. Its cleaner yes, but comparatively its not better. The portraits showcase the lack of variety in the artists styles (Blanka and Cammy have the same ears, for example, and how many characters in Udon drawn Street Fighter have the same nose Blanka has in that portrait?). The re-drawn sprites piss on the principles of 2d animation by being completely unconsistant with each other and the backgrounds look sterile and dead to me. This can all be blamed on a number of things, mainly inexperience, budget and time restraints, and while I understand all that, it doesn't mean I have to be a fan of it.

Regardless I will still buy the game for the reasons I first talked about, and hopefully if they get a second go around they will show some good progress and lessons learned.

Jim

Capcom just sent a 720p trailer of Commando 3, bundled with new footage of SSF2HDRemix. I'm still not liking it... I'm uploading it now.

All this fuss could have been avoided it they had hired an ex-Capcom artist like Bengus (CRMK) who did the old portrait artwork for the original game, as it is Udon seems kinda lost in style, they don't know what to follow.

this same video is also available for download on xbox live. been up for a few days actually. just go to live arcade and then the new releases section in the market place. i always like to view theses hi-def gameplay vids on the screen i'll be playing on. and i really hope they fix the animation in this or i most likely will not be purchasing...

Chemo

Jim said:
Capcom just sent a 720p trailer of Commando 3, bundled with new footage of SSF2HDRemix. I'm still not liking it... I'm uploading it now.
Yeah, SSF2HDR still looks terrible. Sigh... I've been pretty down on it since they started showing it, but I always hoped someone would step in and get it whipped into shape.

GrayFoxPL

Jim said:

Thank you sir!

Ugh... What have they done to Commando... Doesn't have much in common with the game, more with Mercs. Still don't like it. I hope the super deformed trend will die soon - Ya, I know the game isn't serious, devs. Top down levels of Bionic Commando show how the real Commando should look like!

SS2T: HD remix - "Victory will come!" - I doubt it. Look at the font - they have no shame :p.

Yes, I'm bitching too much.

Prime crotch said:
Wow talk about media blackout, shouldn't this game come like in a few months?

I think the real reason Capcom or nobody wants this game shown until it comes out, is because everytime a single screen or actual sprite art is released, 13,402 people find the tiniest anatomical imperfections, and act like they will ruin the game.

Skilletor

There's a tiny picture of Akuma in the June EGM. It's small, but you can see he has a super meter and he just hit somebody with the demon rage. The pose looks awkward to me, like he's standing off to the side instead of just seeing his back.

Also, his arms are fucking huge.

Dali

Change list for Guile is up. Too much to copy pasta so:
http://blog.capcom.com/archives/1183

The upside down kick (hold toward or away + roundhouse while close) always looked like an overhead attack…and now it finally is. The opponent now must block this move high.
This stood out to me because the upside down kick didn't ever look like an overhead attack to me.

ir2mi8.jpg

... and a bigger version of the Dhalsim character select pic.

Skilletor said:
There's a tiny picture of Akuma in the June EGM. It's small, but you can see he has a super meter and he just hit somebody with the demon rage. The pose looks awkward to me, like he's standing off to the side instead of just seeing his back.

Also, his arms are fucking huge.

Looks like I've got to scour the net now. Still haven't seen anyone but Ken and Ryu so a real screen shot of Akuma sounds interesting.

Xtyle

those fingers are ugly ( specially the middle one). I would think they would put more details on and care into those portraits.

Top Bottom