• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix thread

CPS2

http://blog.capcom.com/ said:
So the long-awaited Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 is out TODAY on Xbox Live. The game is a lot of old-school run+gun fun, and you can see the latest Commando 3 screens from CAPTIVATE08, watch some video here, and fall in love all over again.

That much is simple, but unfortunately there’s also a bit of confusion swirling around the details about the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Beta (that you get free!). Let me try and clear this up.

To play the SSF2T HD Remix Beta, here’s what you do:

1) Buy Commando 3 on XBL. Play it, love it.

2) In the Commando 3 menu, you’ll notice an option for “Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Beta” (insert long name joke here). If you hit that option, you’ll get an error. Why is this? Because the SSF2T HD Remix Beta isn’t live until June 25th.

3) If you hit the Beta menu option on or after June 25th, 2008, you’ll be taken to an XBL blade offering to let you download the new SSF2T HD Remix Beta.

4) Download the Beta, and then you can find it your “Games Library” under “Demos.”

5) Start it up and commence dragon-punchery.

And also, just to be clear, the SSF2T HD Remix Beta does not come with Commando 3 on PSN. Unfortunately the Beta is only available with Commando 3 on XBox Live, although the network improvements that we make post-Beta will improve the final, full product on XBL and PSN alike.

Ah well...

crunker99

im on commando 3 for now if anyone wants to co op it up on xbl gamertag: GamersReportsDM

ill take a break from metal gearing 4 to rock a few mindless enemies

Gilgamesh

Why would I buy the HD Remix beta when it won't let me play it until the 25th? Does it expect me to play this game that comes with it?

New portrait art:

balrog575.png

3169svm.jpg

wow, another pointless update from Capcom -"let's release a character select art, that should hold these idiot fans over for another month or so"

Mr Jared

Ken Masters said:
wow, another pointless update from Capcom -"let's release a character select art, that should hold these idiot fans over for another month or so"

Capcom didn't supply the update, Udon did on their DeviantArt page.

Every time with this thread, I swear.

Sapiens

The-Switcher said:
New portrait art:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/balrog575.png[/MG]

[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/3169svm.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

The original minus all the charm, as usual.

Fighting a losing battle here anyways. All the 'supporters' of this game seem to care about is getting a HD remake. It looks like HD monkey shit to me, but HD is HD, right?

Awful, soul crushing remake.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sapiens said:
Is this new? This actually looks pretty good for Udon.
Wow :lol

Mr Jared

Sapiens said:
All the 'supporters' of this game seem to care about is getting a HD remake.

If the other supporters are anything like myself, they're just happy to see a game that they've been playing nonstop for the past fourteen years getting pushed back into the spotlight that it never left but is so often ignored. They could animate this game with stop motion rubber dog shit, but if it was the greatest 2D fighter of all time, only better, which this game is, than I would still support it.

Some of us actually play Street Fighter. I know this may be hard to understand, but do try.

Sapiens

Mr Jared said:
If the other supporters are anything like myself, they're just happy to see a game that they've been playing nonstop for the past fourteen years getting pushed back into the spotlight that it never left but is so often ignored. They could animate this game with stop motion rubber dog shit, but if it was the greatest 2D fighter of all time, only better, which this game is, than I would still support it.

Some of us actually play Street Fighter. I know this may be hard to understand, but do try.

Keep kidding yourself. The perfect version of street fighter II is already readily available (and has been for years). All you need is either an arcade cab or a supergun and the original motherboard. This remake has 'cheap' written all over it.

I draw the line at supporting the game the moment Capcom USA dresses it up in shitty art and rereleases it using a shitty art studio and a team of annoying, homeless, loser hardcore players who's obsessiveness will no doubt suck the fun out of the already fine gameplay.

It's just embarrassing how much time the always clueless Capcom USA has been pouring into this mess. They must be happy knowing a bunch of drooling mongoloid fanboys will snap it up no matter how (admittedly) bad they think it looks.

Pathetic.

Don't buy it people. Demand that they hire competent artists to helm the remake before a release. This thing is destined to be the biggest joke in 2d fighting ever.

Gilgamesh

Sapiens said:
All the 'supporters' of this game seem to care about is getting a HD remake.
I'm interested to see what exactly they changed for the "rebalanced" mode. Also it's SF2 in HD and I can play it on XBL with my friends, how rad is that?

Sapiens said:
Is this new? This actually looks pretty good for Udon.
Ouch. :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Sapiens said:
Keep kidding yourself. The perfect version of street fighter II is already readily available (and has been for years). All you need is either an arcade cab or a supergun and the original motherboard. This remake has 'cheap' written all over it.

I draw the line at supporting the game the moment Capcom USA dresses it up in shitty art and rereleases it using a shitty art studio and a team of annoying, homeless, loser hardcore players who's obsessiveness will no doubt suck the fun out of the already fine gameplay.

It's just embarrassing how much time the always clueless Capcom USA has been pouring into this mess. They must be happy knowing a bunch of drooling mongoloid fanboys will snap it up no matter how (admittedly) bad they think it looks.

Pathetic.

Don't buy it people. Demand that they hire competent artists to helm the remake before a release. This thing is destined to be the biggest joke in 2d fighting ever.

You know what dude, I don't really get annoyed reading posts on NeoGAF much, but I just have to say it.

Fuck you, you fucking idiot. Unless you missed the memo, the game will also have the ORIGINAL mode with the original gameplay/sprites. So this could be a good thing for those that don't want to deal with trying to get a working CPS2/Supergun.

Sapiens

MarkMan said:
You know what dude, I don't really get annoyed reading posts on NeoGAF much, but I just have to say it.

Fuck you, you fucking idiot. Unless you missed the memo, the game will also have the ORIGINAL mode with the original gameplay/sprites. So this could be a good thing for those that don't want to deal with trying to get a working CPS2/Supergun.

I wouldn't expect anyone who like Tekken enough to deem himself the defense force of it to agree with me.

"A Good Thing" is that I already own a proper version of street fighter. I don't have to wait two years for a "Totally Spies" remake version to come out so I can then turn off the features I thought were bad ideas in the first place.

What kind of logic is that?

Tekken logic?

Sapiens said:
I wouldn't expect anyone who like Tekken enough to deem himself the defense force of it to agree with me.

"A Good Thing" is that I already own a proper version of street fighter. I don't have to wait two years for a "Totally Spies" remake version to come out so I can then turn off the features I thought were bad ideas in the first place.

Tekken logic?

Oh, which version do you have, where you can play the original Super Turbo online?

While I've been very disappointed with the art downgrade the game has suffered, I'm still hyped for the rebalanced mode, as I'll finally have an improved T. Hawk and Fei Long.

Plus, I mean, it's online!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
To be honest, Ill buy this so that I can play it online. But the original SF II and its expansions are my least favorite SF's to play at this point, so I dont really care all that much (other than making fun of the art, cause LOLZ and WTF's are plentiful).

The new Balrog portrait aint all that bad, but I absolutely don't understand the decision to make it look all like they need to have a limited color palette. Back in the arcade days they HAD to do it that way, now please add a full range of colors so we can have some actual gradients dammit stupid fucking art director.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Raging Spaniard said:
The new Balrog portrait aint all that bad, but I absolutely don't understand the decision to make it look all like they need to have a limited color palette. Back in the arcade days they HAD to do it that way, now please add a full range of colors so we can have some actual gradients dammit stupid fucking art director.

"Too hard to animate"? :lol

The-Switcher said:
Oh, which version do you have, where you can play the original Super Turbo online?

While I've been very disappointed with the art downgrade the game has suffered, I'm still hyped for the rebalanced mode, as I'll finally have an improved T. Hawk and Fei Long.

Plus, I mean, it's online!

I'm not too sure about the balancing anymore... I feel like they're taking way too long and changing far too much for what should have been an arcade-perfect port ages ago, but instead they decided to dress it up with shitty art and random moves like fake fireballs. I'm a hardcore Guile and Ken fan, and I'm really worried about what Sirlin's got in store for Guile. ST clearly has some balancing issues, but HD Remix is coming out so late that it won't get many new players, and so most of the new balances will just go to waste as most old-school players will just play vanilla ST. I myself just wanted an online Hyper SFII, which for some reason Capcom didn't choose over ST... I hate CPS2 SFII, but Hyper actually made it really fun and balanced out the problems with most ST characters that sucked, since you could just use their best version from CPS1 games.

Perdew

Sapiens said:

Tekken logic?

Can you honestly troll this thread any more than you already have? You aren't buying it, we get it. You completely ignore the fact that people don't want to build fucking arcade machines, and that for $10-$20 people will have an arcade perfect port with online play, OG or New graphics and sound, as well as a new re-balanced mode.

v0yce

Raging Spaniard said:
To be honest, Ill buy this so that I can play it online. But the original SF II and its expansions are my least favorite SF's to play at this point, so I dont really care all that much (other than making fun of the art, cause LOLZ and WTF's are plentiful).

That's typical of Udon's style.

Have you guys not ever looked at the comics?

ryu-sf2comic_big.jpg

CPS2

Probably not the right time to be complaining that this game isn't out yet. The beta starts in 4 days, and will run for 8 weeks, and the final game will be out after that. Resume your complaining in about 2 months plz. Until then, ggpo ;]

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Confirmed! :D

The Beta is up (here in PAL land at least) click the Download SSFTIIHD Beta button on the bottom of the Commando 3 menu screen. Click the button twice (once for where you want it saved, and twice so you can download it)...

Top Bottom