• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TGS 2007 Summary Thread of Ultimate Destruction

Amir0x

Banned
SummaryThread2007.jpg

SummaryThreadSecond.jpg

I haven't done one of these in... I guess forever? Let's just say it's forever. I have a bit of free time for the next few days, so I thought I'd put some effort into making this TGS thread of bloat and ugly a bit easier on the viewing habits of neoGAF. It's late, but, better late than never!

Note: This will not be perfect. It won't have ever news story covered, but I will do the best I can. Whenever you notice a story is missing, please format it in the style I have here and post it in this thread or PM me with it. I will update it into the post.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

TOKYO GAME SHOW 2007 SUMMARY
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Legend:

I = Images
V = Videos
A = Article
W = Official Website

Pretty simple! Real briefly, again thanks to the various endless websites for sources... this is basically just a combination of searching for news and organizing it in one place, but without Gamersyde, IGN, etc... it's really nothing.

Nintendo Wii

● Dear God, is there no escape from the mini-games? Hudson intends to release Bomberman Land for the Wii, as well as DS and PSP, and instead of being a totally rad multiplayer mayhem fest, it's this. (A)
● Project O, aka Ousama Monogatari, is looking fucking awesome. Yes, guys, it's an actual compellingly original project with decent graphics for the platform. Developers, you can do it! You're like a king, who tyrant overlords his subject. (V, A)
● Can SEGA really pull it off? Can they revive NiGHTS faithfully in NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and not bastardize it in some way that makes every gamer think they are oblivious to what made their original games great? Can they do it? (A, I, V)
● Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure may have an awful name, but it's the talk of the hardcore gaming community. Adventure games are REALLY back! Innovative use of the wiimote and clever puzzles tap things off. (A, V, I)
● Godzilla: Unleashed is revealed in more detail. It's about, well, Godzilla fighting other monsters. Again. (A, V, I)
● Dragon Blade, from D3 Publisher, is about Dragons and you kicking ass. But mostly Dragons. (A, I, V)
● Yes, it's another Mysterious Dungeon game. In Chocobo's Dungeon Wii, you'll be able to change jobs and do it all while being excessively cute. Also, there is card battling which you can take online, similar to the DS title. (A, I, V)
● Camelot is back doing what it does best, alongside Capcom, for We Love Golf. It's a Golf game, so it's pretty self-explanatory. Shacknews absolutely hated this game, apparently. (A, I, V, A)
● Check out the latest media for the billionth version of Konami's classic franchise, Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party. Waggle that ass! Now with hands-on! (I, A)
● Cooking Mama 2 is going to ask you to cook more things, at a fast speed, and accurately. This is what Cooking Mama does. Are you chef enough? (I)
● In Rygar: The Battle of Argus, you'll be playing an updated version of the PS2 original. It, uh, doesn't look like much effort was involved here... but, maybe looks are deceptive. (A, I)
● Is Ancel working on Rayman Raving Rabbids 2? I didn't check, but if he is, that's two guaranteed strike outs - so he's messing up his track record. Trash this shit and work on Beyond Good and Evil 2 for Wii! (V)
● Super Swing Golf 2 is, well, a sequel to Pangya. It too is self-explanatory. Kawaii! (V)
● An arcade shooter gone mad, Ghost Squad comes to Wii with the some distinctive wackiness and blazing glory. Will it be fun here? Sure looks interesting. Compatible with Wii Zapper too! (A)
● Athletic Life, an attempt from Namco Bandai to make it to market with a fitness game before Nintendo dominates that shit with Wii Fit, looks fucking awful. But what did you expect, all four of you who pretend to actually like these things? (A, I, V)
● Someone fucking kill Sonic. Enough said. Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity media and such. (V)
● Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is Capcom's attempt to test the Wii waters once more before they announce Resident Evil 5 is coming to Wii, and every other platform ever created. See if you like it. (A, I, V)
● Can Suda get anymore crazy? I don't know. In No More Heroes, you play the role of a MOE freak who masturbates to lolis and takes out assassins one by one Kill Bill style while buying videogames. Now with more IGN hands-on! (V, V, A)
● Samurai Warriors Katana from KOEI is a really physically exhausting game according to IGN. Is this because they're fatties, or because you'll be waggling like a madman to get the game to work? It's all apparently very brainless, just waves of enemies break upon your sword and it continues like this until the end. Fun! (A, I, V)
● Ivy and others from the Soul Calibur universe join for this action adventure game in the Death by Degrees type. I'm not sure this bodes well for the title, but Soul Calibur Legends is definitely starting to shape up. (A, I, V)
● Vanillaware's Oboro Muramasa Youtouden, aka Odin Sphere with Samurai, is finally revealed in video form. Check this out to save your soul. (V)
● Beautiful Katamari director Jun Morikawa hinted at the series making an appearance on Wii. (A)

Nintendo DS

● Dear God, is there no escape from the mini-games? Hudson intends to release Bomberman Land for the DS, as well as Wii and PSP, and instead of being a totally rad multiplayer mayhem fest, it's this. (A)
● SquareEnix announced a spin-off called Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, a sorta sequel to Chain of Memories that has you playing as Org XIII. Fully 3D, though, unfortunately. Also developed by the awful HAND. (A, A)
● In the fine tradition of remaking every single game in their catalog, SquareEnix has shown much more of Final Fantasy IV DS. Should be very fun. (A, I, V)
● Bangai-O Spirits, baby! Treasure wins the hearts of everyone everywhere. Instant purchase. (A, V)
● Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword is a new spin on the action genre. You slash the screen in all sorts of ways to perform attacks, and the graphics are pre-rendered. Looks interesting! (A, I, V)
● Dragon Quest Monsters - Joker was just announced for official North American release, so you should definitely look at these images if you're interested in it. (I)
● Alongside the 360 version, Exit DS is going to attempt to make sure this franchise doesn't fade into obscurity. Hopefully it works! (I)
● Mistwalker isn't only making ASH for the Nintendo DS. They're also going to bring a Blue Dragon DS! Not much is known at the moment, except it has "mini-games you can play outside of battle", but it should be good news to anyone who enjoyed the 360 title. Mini-games were next logical step to archaic JRPG design. (A)
● Another surprise DS title, Metal Slug 7, is knocking socks off everywhere world round. DS is hitting it out of the park. (A, I)
● Professor Layton still hasn't made it to the US yet (it's coming!), but the sequel is already set to rock Japan's cock. Check this preview of Professor Layton and The Devil's Box out. (A)
● Japan breaks shit down deeper and deeper. Into insanity. What the hell is this? It's called Prey the Stars, or Gabu Gabu, or Gobble Gobble... but it's like Katamari, but with a Pac-Man esque twist. I don't know, that's how IGN describes KOEI's effort. (A, I)
● Dinosaur King, aka Mushi King, has been announced for stateside release. This should be pretty exciting! (A)
● And alongside that game, Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer will be released in North America in 2008. Good news for fans. (A)
● Did I mention SquareEnix enjoys remakes? If not, then here is another one... it's called Dragon Quest IV. Maybe you've heard of it? Looks like the PSX game, but slightly improved. (A, I)
● Time Hollow is an adventure game from Konami which looks surprisingly awesome. Japanese high school drama mixed with Trauma Center and Phoenix Wright, according to IGN. One to watch. (A, I, V)
● The single greatest game of TGS 2007, hands down - it's not even debatable, so don't try - is YOSUMIN. That's Yosumin of ultra, endless addiction and soul crushing glory. That's the Yosumin, the best puzzle game since Panel De Pon and Super Puzzle Fighter. (A, I)
● Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire wil hopefully fix the GBA game's endless flaws and make it into something mildly playable. I have some hope, 'cause let's face it... there is a good formula to be exploited. (A, I)
● The game that's destined to sell five trillion copies, Dragon Quest IX: Protector of the Starry Skies was shown in video form at TGS. Of course, we don't have that video, but we don't have descriptions of it! (A)
● This one is just for TreIII. IGN added a host of new images for Kunio Dodge Ball, aka Super Dodge Ball DS, so check 'em out if interested in bashing skulls with balls. (I)
● Deltora Quest is a Secret of Mana-esque action RPG that is controlled entirely by stylus. Sounds compelling? Check out the latest. (A)
● Ok so the last two Lost in Blue games were probably better off... well... stranded on a deserted island. But will the third sequel change this? In Lost in Blue 3, not much has changed apparently outside of the new style they're using. We don't have images of that yet, unfortunately. Oh and there is 3D cutscenes apparently "on par with SquareEnix's best." For Lost in Blue 3. Yeah. (A)
● Remember the days when you could insert a CD into Monster Rancher, and it'd create a monster based on it? Man that shit was rad. In Monster Hunter DS, you draw shapes and shit to bring your summons to life in combination with saying shit into the microphone. (A, I, V)
● Tales of Innocence hopes to erase the bad memories of the first DS Tales outing, and it definitely seems to be doing a good job of that. Check out the latest media. (V, I)
● SquareEnix announced that they are developing Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness for the platform. Not much is known, except a teaser website. (W, A)
● Level 5 has all sorts of goodness coming, but one of their more interesting projects is Inazuma Eleven, the Soccer RPG. Kicku!!! (A, V)
● Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney trailer is out, this time with 99% more English names! (V).
● Arkanoid... *yawn*, right? Who hasn't played this shit? Well apparently with Arkanoid DS, you'll be waking up again for the franchise thanks to the reportedly brilliant paddle controller. Why does it rock your face? Read the link! (A)
● And in a similarly surprising fashin, Spade Invaders - that old tired arcade staple that nobody really wants to play anymore - has been updated in a fashion that is worth getting excited over with Space Invaders Extreme. It's getting tons of buzz with this Rez-like edition. (A)

Sony PSP

● To kick things off, SquareEnix has a little game called Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, which is a prequel set FAAAAAAAAR before the events of the other games. It reveals all the stuff we got from those bonus trailers after KH2. (A)
● Here's another game that never, ever needed a sequel. Who makes these business decisions? In Valhalla Knights 2, you do more awful bullshit. (I)
● Yes, Konami went ahead with a sequel to the atrocious Coded Arms game. Coded Arms Contagion is apparently so awful, that one of the IGN writers fell asleep at the keyboard. (A)
● Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops+ is basically the same game with more multiplayery goodness. (A, I)
● Speaking of Portable Ops, the sequel Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops 2 is said to be coming at some point once more from the same group. Will it be as fantastic? Update: This was later confirmed to be false by Ryan Payton, so sorry for IGN getting your hopes up. (A, A)
● Innovation! Yes, that's right, the much heralded term actually applies here. In Echochrome, you traverse a bunch of mindfucking levels to try to reach the end. (A, I, V)
● Daxter had it, so why not Clank? He's way cooler than Daxter anyway. So in Secret Agent Clank, a game apparently in the works forever, you'll take the robot around and do typical platformy things. (A, V)
● Innovation, Part 2! Patapon is a insane looking whatchamacallit, about somethingorother. Actually it's pretty indescribable, with a foul mouth tree, what looks like an army of stylistic tribes men and i don't know. It's rad. (A, I, V)
● Did you forget Final Fantasy: Dissidia existed? I tried to, but it didn't work. It's back, in all its fanservicey goodness. (I)
● Just released in Japan, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII sold a gazillion copies and was widely praised by the J-GAF crew. Will it do similarly well in America? Only time will tell - check out the latest media. (A, I)
● Silent Hill Origins was mysteriously missing from the showfloor. What does Konami have to say about this? Dun Dun Duuun. (A, I)
● Dear God, is there no escape from the mini-games? Hudson intends to release Bomberman Land for the PSP, as well as DS and Wii, and instead of being a totally rad multiplayer mayhem fest, it's this. (A)
● Yup, finally a smart decision... Sony is releasing a sequel to its best selling portable golf franchise, Hot Shots Golf Portable 2. More fun that Wii Love Golf, Mario Golf, Pangya Golf and your mom combined. (I)
● Apparently in preparation for the big unveiling of Star Ocean 4, SquareEnix decided more remakes were the way to go. So in Star Ocean: First Departure, a remake of the first SO title, you'll revisit those classic areas and gameplay. (A, I)
● A remake of the second Star Ocean game, Star Ocean: Second Evolution looks excellent for what it's trying to do. It's definitely NOT another Final Fantasy I and II debacle, anyway. (A, I)
● Sony has been desperately trying to ape Nintendo now for the last few years, in an attempt to catch some of the market they've opened up again. In the new PSP non-game, My Stylebook, you'll be learning how to be fashionable! You can rev up your fashion life by choosing outfits for special occassions, organizing your closet, and more! Can't wait. (A, I)

Amir0x

Banned
Sony PS2

● Think PS2 is dead yet? Well, it's not. It never will be. Stop saying it. Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess plans to help keep this the truth. (A, I)
● Yup, Yakuza 2 is set to come to the United States. See what's up at the link. (A)
● King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match is coming to PS2, sure to make any SNK/fighting fan happy as can be. (A, I, V)

Sony PS3

● Arguably the single most appealing and exciting game coming to the platform, LittleBigPlanet is a tapestry of vibrant new ideas and delightful implementation molding to what is probably going to be one of the post marks of the next generation platforms. New shit to see at the links. (A, I, V)
● SEGA's Valkyrie of the Battlefield has a neat filter going on, plus it's a PS3 exclusive for the moment! Looks interesting, though. (I, V, V)
● There's a game called Rainy Woods. It's a horror title. What new could they bring to the genre? Well apparently weather and time-based changes, ala Dead Rising. (A, V)
● Devil May Cry 4 on PS3 is sorta like Return of the King, except with a flamboyant asskicking dude and tons of demons and guitars. (A, V)
● Another sequel in the greatest soccer franchise of all time. Go check out what's new in Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008. (A, V)
● It's kinda hard to get excited for Dynasty Warriors anymore, but this is as close as I'll get. Dynasty Warriors 6 seems really nice, lacking in the looks department, but come on... it's KOEI. (A, I, V)
● Sure, it's a Japanese event... but OO-BEE-SOFT (that's not how it's pronounced, dummies!) is not going to be left out. Check out the latest on Assassin's Creed. (A)
● Guys, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots trailer is so fucking badass. I mean, this is Metal Gear back. And I mean that both literally and figuratively! This is Metal Gear back in every sense of the word. I'd go isamu on you, but since I was so reserved on this game since its initial unveiling, i'll just say I'm very pleased. (V, I, A)
● Metal Gear Solid Online, is coming along nicely and a "starter pack"... or demo... will be packed in with MGS4. And it looks fucking fun and well improved. (V, A, A)
● Soul Calibur IV is looking boobalicious as ever, filled with boobs that boobulate and boob up all sorts of boobs. But seriously, the rim lighting and visuals are a love-it-or-hate-em-thing, but it sure looks fun to play. (A, I, V)
● Beautiful Katamari director Jun Morikawa clarified that Beautiful Katamari specifically will not be appearing on the PS3, but the series will definitely be making its way to the console soon. (A)
● Yes, Rumble Functionality is back in the PS3. Although there are some conflicting reports from Sony representatives, hands-on has revealed what is almost assuredly new technology at work - it is directional, and much improved. (A)
● White Knight Story is the EPIC LARGE SCALE RPG from Level 5, and it seems about fifteen different measures of fuck incredible. Check it out. (I, V, A)
● As a timed exclusive from Epic, Unreal Tournament III has a lot of unrealistic expectations to live up to. But, as it's from Epic, it's almost certain to live up to all of them. And boy does it look insane. (A, I, V)
● Jesus, Wipeout HD. You're a little dirty god-damn cocktease. Where the hell is my new Wipeout sequel? Juicy, tantalizing secrets... (A, V)
● Innovation! Yes, that's right, the much heralded term actually applies here. In Echochrome, you traverse a bunch of mindfucking levels to try to reach the end. (A, I, V)
● Afrika is back! There are photographers perving it up and more. Drive around, and hit zebras or something in this educational non-game. (A, I, V)
● Yakuza 3 is a real change from the series norm - now you're set way during the Edo period, and you do rad samurai things. You cut people in the eye, and shot da fock up and such. (A, I)
● Bumpy Trot 2, aka Steambot Chronicles 2, has a really fantastic style going on for it. Although, from a technical perspective, leaves a bit to be desired! Hopefully the gameplay fixes many of the faults of the first game. (A, V)
● Time Crisis 4 with a guncon! Hell yeah, motherfuckers. Lots of new information and media and such. (A, I, V)
● Uncharted: Drake's Fortune didn't have a massive presence, but IGN has an update for you anxiously awaiting Naughty Dog's next. (A)
● Artdink's answer to the Wii's Endless Ocean, AQUA is about swimming around in a beautiful ocean to ear-crushing new age music. Looks nice though. (I, V)
● FlOwer is a game about flowers, I guess to appeal to the untapped market segment who likes to prance around through open fields sniffing daisies. So, if your name is Tingle. It's from the guys that did FlOw though. (I, V)
● The biggest ace up Sony's sleeve, Final Fantasy XIII, was again shown in a hidden theatre. Will this ever come out? (A, I)
● One of the biggest franchises on planet Earth hopes to retain its crown after Forza 2 came out and whooped so much god-damn ass. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will give us a taste of what to expect. (A)
● Mercenaries 2: World in Flames has been delayed until sometime in 2008. Probably good news so it doesn't get buried underneath the massive holiday coming up. (A)
● Last Remnant, which features turn-based action battles with combos and other shit, is coming together pretty nicely. Lots of new footage/media to inspect. (A, I, V)
● Dress. From the director of Tourist Trophy, Home application that lets you design clothes for your virtual avatar and potentially your real-life self. (A, I)

Microsoft Xbox 360

● Another sequel in the greatest soccer franchise of all time. Go check out what's new in Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008. (A, V)
● Namco's arcade flight game of unlimited awesome is back for another go in Ace Combat VI: Fires of Liberation. It looks pretty fucking nice. (V, V)
● SquareEnix and Tri-Ace's collaboration, Infinite Undiscovery, has been previewed and shown in much more detail. Seems ace. (A, V, I)
● Rez is back, bitches. Rez HD is everything you can expect, in that it is made of such pure good that you may go blind looking directly at its holy light. (A, I)
● The original FFXI was like, I dunno, packed in with the Japanese version of the Xbox 360. I thought that would be incentive to buy it, but I guess I was wrong. In any event, Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess plans to keep the fight going in Japan. (A, I)
● Guilty Gear 2 Overture should have been awesome. But what the fuck is this shit? I don't know. If you're still interested, check the links. (A, I)
● There's a game called Rainy Woods. It's a horror title. What new could they bring to the genre? Well apparently weather and time-based changes, ala Dead Rising. (A, V)
● Viva Pinata is a very lively franchise with tons of fans. By "tons" I mean a very tiny vocal minority who live to see them turn this into a success. Microsoft has helped them in this quest with a party game called Party Animals. With mini-games. Yeah. I think there's a demo up now or something. (I, V)
● A sequel to the Xbox cult classic, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom is now like an action RPG. I guess that's enough to make some pause. But it looks nice enough. (A, I, V)
● Now that Devil May Cry 4 is on Xbox 360, there should be plenty of first timers that realize that the truly superior action game is packed inside the franchise. Sorry, Ninja dogs. (A, V)
● Castle Shikigami III is a top-down shooter, which means only about ten of us on the internet will buy this. Still... do want. (A, I)
● It's kinda hard to get excited for Dynasty Warriors anymore, but this is as close as I'll get. Dynasty Warriors 6 seems really nice, lacking in the looks department, but come on... it's KOEI. (A, I, V)
● Mistwalker has gotten itself quite the name as of late. It made waves way back when, but now the fruits of this company are finally coming to light. Lost Odyssey intends to be Xbox 360's Final Fantasy, and whether or not it can live up to these expectations is still in question. Should be interesting, though! (A, I, V)
● Sure, it's a Japanese event... but OO-BEE-SOFT (that's not how it's pronounced, dummies!) is not going to be left out. Check out the latest on Assassin's Creed. (A)
● Ikaruga, one of the truly hidden classics from the Dreamcast and Gamecube, is set to be revisited again in this Xbox Live Arcade version. Yes, it's awesome. (A, V)
● The Xbox 360 exclusive, Ninja Gaiden 2, is apparently all about gore. You tap any fucking button, and limbs and penises and all sorts of grotesque shit is gonna go flying. This means the game is rad. (A, I, V)
● Soul Calibur IV is looking boobalicious as ever, filled with boobs that boobulate and boob up all sorts of boobs. But seriously, the rim lighting and visuals are a love-it-or-hate-em-thing, but it sure looks fun to play. (A, I, V)
● Did you know Beautiful Katamari is really super quirky and not another sequel in a totally played out franchise? I bet you didn't! So check this shit out. (A, I, V)
● Games on the PSP seem to just fade into the background like white noise, but Exit is gonna give it another shot on XBLA. It looks pretty nice, and if you didn't play the original this is an excellent opportunity. (A, I)
● Mercenaries 2: World in Flames has been delayed until sometime in 2008. Probably good news so it doesn't get buried underneath the massive holiday coming up. (A)
● I think there's a few anticipating Triggerheart Exelica like I am, right? Well here's the media for this top down shooter. (I)
● Last Remnant, which features turn-based action battles with combos and other shit, is coming together pretty nicely. Lots of new footage/media to inspect. (A, I, V)

Conclusion

Yes, it's not complete. Of course not. If you see anything I'm missing, any mistakes, whatever... say it here. If you want to add news or stories, format it like the summary above and I'll put it in. Enjoy :)

MCD

"Now that Devil May Cry 4 is on Xbox 360, there should be plenty of first timers that realize that the truly superior action game is packed inside the franchise. Sorry, Ninja dogs."

I stopped here :p

Amir0x

Banned
devilscallmedad said:
Thank You for this, just a question are all this videos direct feed ?

Of course not all the videos are direct feed, some are... but not all. Most are probably not actually :lol

SOLDIER

Thank you very much for making this thread.

I just want an update though, is TGS still going currently? Is there still a chance we'll get some new announcements, or have most of the notable stuff already been said and done?

Awntawn

I'm guessing the first letter of each bullet point laid out next to each other doesn't spell out a secret message or something ;'

TreIII

All I just want is some Kunio Dodge Ball info...why am I not able to find any on any English or Japanese web site though?

I need my info like a crackhead needs a hit! :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It would've been nicer without all the witty and opinionated comments, but thank you.

SOLDIER

Also, I have a suggestion that would really make this thread excelent: Can you provide extra detail next to ___ game if ____ console has a preview video for it? I prefer downloading the high res trailers from the systems over anything else.

And is there any word when PS3 is getting the newest MGS4 trailer? I refuse to watch anything else but the most highest res of high res.

Amir0x

Banned
jj984jj said:
It would've been nicer without all the witty and opinionated comments, but thank you.

this is my style for every summary thread since I started doing them years ago, not going to change otherwise I'd get too bored trying to make this thing. Gotta spice it up :D

Amir0x

Banned
Well was there something on DQIX? IGN doesn't have anything...

I can't add that in yet, jj, 'cause of the edit post error i'm getting. Everytime I try to edit post into the main post, I see nothing by empty. I have to wait til that gets fixed but I will definitely add that.

Johnas

Nice, thanks. Didn't think of checking 1up.

I guess they didn't have an official trailer since they're still tweaking combat, etc.

Fantastic write up! MGS4 and DMC4 are definately franchises that have me frothing lik a rabid dog. 2008 will once again be another insane year of gaming.

thanks for your time amir0x.

now this thread thread gives me even more reasons for me to think that this TGS was meh...

nice to have all the news in one place, now i don't have to search in numerous shitty websites

Bebpo

Banned
Thanks for the summary.

Just goes to show how awful this TGS was. First E3 dies, then TGS is a bust. Game conventions are over :(

Wollan

You must have spent hours on this thing. Great job.
White Knight can't release soon enough. FFXII, DQIX, WK, I welcome all jrpg's to the realm of western rpg mechanics.

BboyDubC

soulcalibur-iv-20070919063253146.jpg

WOWZA! Love the blemishes she has on her body that go for that realism thingy people are looking for... too bad it's cg.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Thanks Amirox, I was hoping you would make one of these

On a side note Michael Ancel didn't work on the original Rayman Raving Rabbids and its unlikely he's working on the second

sk3tch

Excellent summary - I especially love the added editorial spin to it. Much better than reading plain old facts (regardless if I agree or not, it's still nice to get an opinion in there).

Don't know if it has been posted
It's always a pleasure hanging with Goichi Suda. Guy's super-nice. So anyway, there we were this morning, chatting about No More Heroes, when I asked what he was up to now that the game was about ready to ship. He said Grasshopper were working on a new title, and that it would be appearing on the 360. Cue a frantic little exchange between Suda and his translator, but hey, you can't unsay stuff. He also said that the game would be a full, proper release, not an XBLA download.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/tgs07/suda-grasshopper-working-on-360-game-302639.php

Plus Itagaki takes off his shades for a split second

itagakiglassesoff.jpg

Head ninja Tomonobu Itagaki goes nowhere without his sunglass and leather jacket. Or his pack of smokes. And while we didn't catch him without the leather and the cigs, Itagaki did take off his sunglasses — only for a brief instant. A sonic boom that separated time and space and blurring our photo. Catching this moment on film? Impossible. Though, once he got the shades back on, the reverb was felt. The evidence after the jump.

AniHawk

Ancel's team isn't working on Rabbids 2. According to the GAF Insiders Group (some guy from the last NPD thread), he threatened to walk if he didn't get a chance to do BGE2. Blimblim followed it up with a sort of "wink wink" post.

I figure if he was behind RRR2, we'd have heard something from him on the project, but he's been silent for nearly a year.

Systems_id said:
Fantastic write up! MGS4 and DMC4 are definately franchises that have me frothing lik a rabid dog. 2008 will once again be another insane year of gaming.

2008 is the year of the best 4's.

Call of Duty 4
Grand Theft Auto 4
Devil May Cry 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Soul Calibur 4

Raist

Banned
Oh, wow, very nice thread !

So do we have exact infos about MGO ?

Will it automatically come with MGS4, or will there be a stand alone MGS4, and a MGS4 + MGO bundle (thus more expensive) or will it free given for free (doubt it but, well :p)

zeroshiki

Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy vXIII and Last Remnant had trailers in the open Sony theater.

I'm not sure how new the FFXIII was (I don't know which one's which and I couldn't even get in the closed theater because all tickets for the day were completely given out by 1030AM) but it showed the Shiva cycle. Versus is probably new considering the trailer is the same as the write up I read from IGN. Last Remnant I think everybody knows.

All in all, all of them looks really amazing. CG or not. (Last Remnant wasn't for sure at least)

Top Bottom