• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official theme song of Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood: Revolutions

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Not a big fan of the latest Uematsu's outputs (inclusing Answers and Dragonsong) and Susan Calloway's delivery but I guess this theme will grow on me when I hear some of the Soken's ingame arrangements over and over :p

I honestly don't think it is anywhere near Answers or Havensward, the beat just don't get me like those two did.

That said I do think it is a fine song overall. Maybe once I resub in a couple weeks I may change my tune.

royox

It's very good, very FinalFantasish...but DragonSong was SO FUCKING GOOD in comparison. The moment Nidhogg Boss battle began with DragonSong on the background can't just be beaten.

Obviously Answers is out of the chart, that would be unfair to compare ANYTHING with that glorious piece of blessed music.

Urianger first please. Still can't believe they wasted Balthiers VA on such a piece of shit character :(
He will never be killed off because he's needed to give the Ex-Primal quests of 2.0. To try and change or move him would break those quests, apparently. Which is why the story always makes sure he's still at the Waking Sands.

It's okay.

But I like Dragonsong and Answers a lot more. Even most other FF vocal themes are better in comparison...in my honest opinion.

Lren

Got goosebumps while watching the trailer video for it. To say that I am excited for June would be an understatement because between this and Tekken 7, I am set for quite a while, hah!

The part that kicks in at about 3:15 and ends at about 4:00 sounds so out of place. Without this section of the song, I feel like it would have been much stronger.

Byvar

I like it, and the melody is pretty nice as expected from Uematsu. It's not his best work, but I feel Susan Calloway's voice doesn't fit here. She was fantastic in Answers and good enough in Dragonsong, and great in the lighter part of this song (3:03 onward), but the overbearing tone of her voice doesn't fit the rest of the song now that the choirs from Answers and Dragonsong are gone. It looks like they tried to "fix" that by making the rest of the instruments louder, but they did that to the point where it just drowns out her voice...
The song would have been better if they had just used someone else's voice (though Calloway practically IS ff14 by now) or added choirs again.

Apart from that it's still a pretty great song. Loving that lighter/quieter part and Calloway's performance in it.

kromeo

Though who knows when I'll play it. I'm still angry about TWO FUCKING DPS CLASSES.

I've been saying this since it was announced, do people not remember what it was like when ninja came out? And these are probably the 2 most loved classes from XI as well, the game's going to be flooded with them

I guess a lot of people will be doing the usual rush to end game with their current tanks and healers at least...

daveo42

Banned
That was great and makes me want to go back to FFXIV. Ugh...I wish MMOs didn't eat up all of my available free time when I played them.

DarkKyo

I too prefer Dragonsong but this is really nice! The chorus has a nice sound to it.

I am really excited for Stormblood, but Heavensward is my favorite MMO xpac of all time so it will be hard to beat that in my heart. Ishgard will always be this Dark Knight's home.

wmlk

Yeah, I think this was much more promising off of the previews heard earlier. This didn't turn out so hot at the end.

Top Bottom