• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Transformers: The Movie thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wendo said:
:lol that music rocks!

Oh yeah this movie is going to kick ass ... even if the film sucks balls wanna know why? okay when you was a child how cool was it to have a car that could transform into a robot? insanely cool right? the youngers are gonna lap this movie up as soon as the toys hit the market.

And although i hope i am not wrong i have a feeling this movie is going to kick ass and its supposed to be a trilogy as well right?

I dunno.

I'm of the opinion that every mechanical design after G1 has been shit.

Having these bad ass vehicles in this one ensures there's not frooty loopy bullshit poorly designed by those F.O.B. bastards at Dreamwave Productions FUTAR CARS and related non-real world bullshit.

I just hope they don't fuck up the faces of the robots.

We'll probably end up with giant CG Go-Bots. :lol

Jesus fuck - I hope they put Aerosmith, Lump Bisquick, and Corn off the fucking soundtrack. PLEASE DON'T ASSRAPE TF MUSIC!

infiltrationcover5003qz.jpg

ROX!

Sapiens

Considering that the original series was a glorified toy commercial, it's fitting that this movie will become a commercial for automobiles.

They're targeting the exact same kids they got in the 80s - now, it going to cost you a hell of a lot more.

genius.

Mike M

Nick N
Rumor has it that it might be a sketch from the movie showing off Megatron...
It's not a sketch, it's control art for the toy.

Presuming it's real, of course. But that's what they look like.

Sallokin said:
Megatron is supposed to be a futuristic looking jet from Cybertron, not a tank.

So Transformers are still "aliens" from Cybertron and not man-made creations? Spoilerize me all you want, I've been wondering what the origin story would be...

Rlan

aparisi2274 said:
I came across this drawing on www.tformers.com

Rumor has it that it might be a sketch from the movie showing off Megatron...

sagemoviemegs5xh.jpg

The fact that whover drew this made him look as much as possible like the G1 Megatron AND still be a tank is fantastic. Not this Purple/Green Beetle Tank version from the Armada series.

Ristamar

Teh Hamburglar said:
Its hard to have an epic hero vs villain fight when the main villain is a gun...

I think the cartooon handled it fairly well, as did the movie. Megatron backflipping into Starscream's hand, then blowing a hole through Brawn was fucking badass.

Also, from here on out, every cop car should have the decepticon symbol. This needs to be a law.

Kreuzader

Teh Hamburglar said:
Its hard to have an epic hero vs villain fight when the main villain is a gun...

distantmantra said:
So Transformers are still "aliens" from Cybertron and not man-made creations? Spoilerize me all you want, I've been wondering what the origin story would be...

They've been aliens in every version of the story (and there's been a lot of them - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_Universes). But yeah, the tagline for the film is reportedly "Their war. Our world."

G-Fex

Yeah I have a feeling that they will just be secondary characters and eyecandy special effects orgy meanwhile the story will concentrate on a stupid human couple perhaps? Maybe a kid or kids and their family? Maybe tom cruise even?

yeah, hollywood ftw.

EAJAPAN

If they fuck this movie up too much I swear I'm going to kill someone. Transformers was my entire childhood and I am still a dribbling homer to this very day.

Beast Wars haters can die, btw! Awesome series that only got better

Blatz

Kreuzader said:
Hey Blatz, your Buffalo showed up at the set:

Hey, thanks. I saw those pics on AICN this morning. Bonecrusher....cool name. We're all pretty excited about seeing it in the film and hopefully getting our hands on the Bonecrusher toy.

acidviper

Banned
shuri said:
They're basing part of the story on the war in the middle east with terrorists
how come nobody is reacting to how lame this is.
OMFG is this like Bush. Are they looking for oil too.

as long its cars transforming into robots i could give 2 shits what the story is. When i was little, i didn't watch it to follow the story, i watched it to see cars turn into robots and beat the shit out of eachother. Thats the name of this game, ladies.

Sallokin

Mods if you could please lock/delete this thread. It seems the original picture taker from the German site is having a bit of trouble from Dreamworks.

Thanks

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
jett said:
I'll be honest. I want to FUCKING HATE THAT PICTURE, but it actually looks kinda cool...

The eye has a cool brooding look to it. Makes me feel that the story will be a serious dark Transormer movie...which I like :D

Ah Stan Bush! :p

I want a power metal version of the Transformers theme, ala Lion. In fact, just bring back Lion for this soundtrack.

And NRG for Instruments of Destruction. Hmmmm. . . I wouldn't mind Motorhead covering Instruments of Destruction. :q

To hell with it, get Dream Evil and Hammerfall on the case. They need the exposure and can rock the ****ing house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom