• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Uncharted 2: Among Thieves MP Demo Impressions Thread

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I guess the time has come to make a dedicated thread.

Post your impressions/screens (you can save them on HDD/XMB via Cinema mode) here pliz.

What's this MP demo about?
Answer is here: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1023958p1.html

Twitter support? How does that work? Where do I activate that?
It works as you would imagine. Game sends tweets on your behalf. You can select which events to tweet (entering MP, finishing a chapter, earning a trophy, uploading a video, earning money etc). In order to activate it, simply go to Options from the MAIN SCREEN and enter your Twitter account data there.

How do I get it?
Pre-ordering the game from various retailers gives immediate access to the demo. Or you can just wait for when the demo will be up on the PlayStation Store on September 29th.

Is there a list of gaffers playing this?
So, if you are in the beta, fill the form here, and you will appear on the Uncharted MP beta list. (Thanks Kinan)

I was wondering, is there any stats tracking web page?
Yep. Check mine http://www.naughtydog.com/stats/index/Bloody_Marcel (not complete yet)

Game is great but WTF it's too quiet!
Go to Options > Audio > Dynamic Range and set it to Midnight. Better uh?

Wait, what's up with the (X) Select and (O) Back options in the post-match results screen?
Press (X) Select ("Party Up" highlighted) to attempt to party up with strangers you've just played with.
Press (O) Back to start a new matchmaking process based on the previously selected playlist (press Back again to choose a different playlist).

Some screens stolen from the other thread.
Uncharted2_AmongThieves_31.jpg

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I loved U2 beta, especially co-op. But I just hated the way Chloe runs. It seems so unnatural, like her legs are about to break or something. :\

And, OMG @ the screenies!

seb

Banned
Looks amazing and the demo seems to be substantial.
How is the framerate ? any tearing ?
I hope we get this demo on the EU PSN soon...

noah111

Still Alive
Witchfinder General said:
No game should look this good. Also, what the hell are those screens with the grey walls? Looks like a debug mode.
I believe that's the machinima mode, with a green-screen and everything.

Can't wait to play it, only downsides of U2 so far is no in-game music for MP and inability to export replays onto the XMB into a video file.

Other than that though, it's too fuckin' good to be true!

Corky said:
awesome screens, did you use somekind of capture device?
Replay mode allows you take screencaps. ;)

web01 said:
Demo is great fun but is anyone else getting the save data is corrupt message?
The new beta is not compatible with the save files from the last beta. Delete both U2:AT beta files in the Game Data folder and you'll get rid of the error message.

ChuBoi

Banned
Uncharted2_AmongThieves_15.jpg

bayonetta_butt.jpg

Who's got the better assets?

I'm glad one ass got delayed till next year, or this fall would be a bit too faptastic :lol

Spydy

Banned
seb said:
Looks amazing and the demo seems to be substantial.
How is the framerate ? any tearing ?
I hope we get this demo on the EU PSN soon...

The framrate is a solid 30 fps. No tearing whatsoever.

I think I mentioned in another thread how good this game looks on PS3. It's very impressive. And guess what, it plays great as well.

I've noticed movement is not as quick as the first Uncharted, making the gameplay slightly more considered and slow(er). This maybe because my perks are low or multiplayer in general...Whatever, it plays superbly. Very impressive. The SP is going to be incredible.

BTW: PSN - Spydymanx

...for any players wanting to hook up on the old co-op, etc.

ChuBoi

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
S...shit! I need to get a code for this somehow, and fast. God damn!

Follow Geoff Keighley's twitter in four or so hours, he said he's giving some away. Does this demo include online MP?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Corky said:
awesome screens, did you use somekind of capture device?

You don't need to. There is an screen capture option in the Cinema mode that automatically exports grabs to the PS3 HDD.

ChuBoi said:
Follow Geoff Keighley's twitter in four or so hours, he said he's giving some away. Does this demo include online MP?

Demo is online MP ONLY.

I guess I need to edit the OP with some info. :p

Elena and Chloe are way hotter than that dumb Bayonetta Palin bitch, get her the fuck out of this thread. Anyway, please hurry and go up in the U.S. now thanks.

brandonh83 said:
Elena and Chloe are way hotter than that dumb Bayonetta Palin bitch, get her the fuck out of this thread. Anyway, please hurry and go up in the U.S. now thanks.

Come on, there's enough ass for everyone.

But I'd like it if people on both side would keep unrelated games out of threads.

Holy shit balls to the wall at that level though.

ChuBoi

Banned
brandonh83 said:

I'd kindly ask you to hand over your Man Card, but I guess everyone has their preferences :lol

noah111

Still Alive
ChuBoi said:
Err, that's all it includes. :p

BTW it's not really a 'demo' until the 29th, it's just a public beta versus the old closed beta a few months back, only difference is this version packs more content and is pretty much final in terms of general tweaks.

ChuBoi

Banned
TTP said:
You don't need to. There is an screen capture option in the Cinema mode that automatically exports grabs to the PS3 HDD.

Demo is online MP ONLY.

I guess I need to edit the OP with some info. :p

Cool thx. So fuckin' hyped for this game I can't even sleep right now

ChuBoi said:
I'd kindly ask you to hand over your Man Card, but I guess everyone has their preferences :lol

Oh, the ass is nice and all, but I hate her overall character design. Just pure ass, if you know what I mean.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
ChuBoi said:
Is it for EU and US both or just US?

ChuBoi

Banned
Sentry said:
Err, that's all it includes. :p

BTW it's not really a 'demo' until the 29th, it's just a public beta versus the old closed beta a few months back, only difference is this version packs more content and is pretty much final in terms of general tweaks.

Hope they got out most of the bugs from the last beta. Like the one In Plunder, where if two teammates pick up the treasure simultaneously, then the treasure just disappears. Happened wayyy too many times.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
TTP said:

Oh nice, awesome news

Edeuinu

Yeah I stopped by Gamestop yesterday and grabbed a pre-order card, it says valid from 8/19 - 9/18 but the code didn't work, I'm in NA, am I missing something?

noah111

Still Alive
Edeuinu said:
Yeah I stopped by Gamestop yesterday and grabbed a pre-order card, it says valid from 8/19 - 9/18 but the code didn't work, I'm in NA, am I missing something?
It's not live yet bro, should be within less than 5 hours or so though..

bud said:
is this only for those who pre-ordered? will this ever be made public?
At this rate we're gonna need a Q&A TTP... read the thread mate (public 29th).

Cagen

There is one thing that is really starting to annoy me with the multiplayer and that is choosing the deathmatch option and the two map choices being RPG Only or Sniper Rifle and Pistole. Both modes are horrible but if I am going to be forced to play them at least give me the option to vote out of it. I have had to quit countless games today because of being put into one of these modes which I hate doing because it ruins the team balance for the remaining players.

noah111

Still Alive
Just finished playing my first game, and from what gameplay I saw from the first beta there is an obvious graphical improvement, little things here and there.. granted that may just be the new map but there is still a noticeable difference.

Fun as ever, and I did quite well. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jigglywiggly said:
Did you get your Play.com code yet, TTP?

I remember we were both waiting yesterday.

Nope. Got it from a friend.

Still waiting for the Play.com one (already reserved for a friend of mine)

panda21

nice pics TTP :D

does it add new players if people drop out? the setup does seem a bit weird, like the way it either lets you 'party up' or just go back to matchmaking when a match finishes, rather than just keeping going. kind of annoying because matchmaking takes ages sometimes. hopefully will be better when there are more people.

oh and floating grenade bug (keeps beeping forever and never explodes) is still in there :S

Biff

Can OP please update OP with big bold letters at the top as to where the demo is live? I'm sure all the NAers like me would appreciate it.

My half-awake self saw this thread and ran to my PS3, only to get a code invalid error.. sadface.

Top Bottom