• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL: Wii preorders start today (10/13)

Wow Ididn't think I could come up with that many, but I just looked and I actually have 10 games I can dump with no regret : ) leaving me with a scant 30 left to play

KINGMOKU

I should drive down to my local Gamestop and see if I can spot any campers.

Its not in a mall, so I doubt it.

I wonder...

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Friend of mine just drove down to his mall to check the situation. Paranoia (sp?) much?

:lol

KINGMOKU

AniHawk said:
I just called my store to check up on the situation. A couple people are already camping.
No shit huh? I may swing by my Gamespot and bring my camera with me.

It's ****ing cold as hell outside though, so I still doubt it.

BTW, is yours in a mall, or is it outide, and is it 200below outside?

tgenius

I went by the local EB and there was no one there.. so I'm gonna show up around 8:30-9am.. I have 135 store credit at EB,bout time I use the damn thing!

adg1034

I'll get to my local GS at 8:30, camp out until 10, hopefully be one of the first few people in line, and be able to pay off my Wii in full. Yay!

Amir0x

Banned
Khalid-S said:
DSC00405.JPG

WTFCAMPER2.JPG

:eek:

Damn, I live like half an hour away from the store I pre-order Zelda in, and I drive to school Monday morning at 7:00, half an hour in the opposite direction. They'd better not run out of pre-orders, since I don't want to take any chances when it comes to not playing Zelda right off the bat.

The GC trade-in is nice, though I just started playing Pikmin 2... Paying a $200 deposit (I'm in Canada) is ridiculous though.

Duderz

Banned
I'm swinging by around 7. I'm getting paranoid, but I can't sleep cause I'm looking at what games to get for the Toys R Us dealio.

AniHawk

moku said:
No shit huh? I may swing by my Gamespot and bring my camera with me.

It's ****ing cold as hell outside though, so I still doubt it.

BTW, is yours in a mall, or is it outide, and is it 200below outside?

It's outside, and I live in SoCal. So no.

AniHawk

Kurashima said:
Damn, I live like half an hour away from the store I pre-order Zelda in, and I drive to school Monday morning at 7:00, half an hour in the opposite direction. They'd better not run out of pre-orders, since I don't want to take any chances when it comes to not playing Zelda right off the bat.

The GC trade-in is nice, though I just started playing Pikmin 2... Paying a $200 deposit (I'm in Canada) is ridiculous though.

Apparently the word is that they want to have all preorders gone by noon.

I wouldn't doubt that. When I asked several stores a while back about pre-orders, they seemed hugely paranoid about allowing pre-orders period after the 360. I might just bite the bullet and pre-order early in my college's city, though I'll have to make an extra drive to get Zelda. Damn my town for being so small!

If people REALLY are camping out now for a system that's supposedly going to have nearly unlimited stock at launch... the hype is working. I guess we'll see what the morning is like. If I didn't have to babysit, I'd check out the local scene (if any... the crazy campers will prolly be too stoned to get up).

Got my Amazon pre-order in, so I'm gonna be a happy camper by mid-November.

StRaNgE

Banned
if you get in on the preorder is it a for sure deal? midnight release or what?

no 360 waitin for months kind of thing?

Amir0x

Banned
StRaNgE said:
if you get in on the preorder is it a for sure deal? midnight release or what?

no 360 waitin for months kind of thing?

well, it's possible that Nintendo might always undership...but, it's the Wii. It's a Gamecube, they'll be tossing those shit out in record numbers for a launch

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Amir0x said:

:lol :lol

wait wtf

Lapsed...I have always read it as "lap-sed." Is it seriously like "lapsed?"

Wow. I would never have picked that up. I read his label first and expected "non-gamer" and "granny."

Eeesh. How did I read it as "lap sed?"

Mejilan

I have no idea if he's being serious or not, but if you're going to camp out like that (be it for a movie, a console launch, or whatever), then doing it with friends is the best way. Card games, board games, pizza parties, DS/PSP multiplayer-fests, fart-competitions. Tons of ways to keep yourselves busy. Not to mention you can watch eachothers' backs when it comes to nature-calls!

spengo

This guy is so full of crap :lol

This is not a hoax or some kid that thinks he's funny to post a pre-order ad. I can guarantee the highest bidder a Nintendo Wii. This auction is to save you the trouble of camping out and hunting down a system. It's likely that 90% of all Wii systems have already been claimed by employees and that ebay prices will double or triple by Thanksgiving. The sooner you buy, the more you will save. The same thing happened with the Xbox 360 and will also happen with the PS3. It's a fact that the Wii will do the same. Bid today while prices are low and laugh at your friends when they are paying 1000-2000 for thiers!

Only 500,000 are estimated be released in the beginning in all of the United States. Well, now YOU can guarantee yourself getting one and avoid all of those 10 hour lines that you probably saw during the release of the xbox.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Wii-Sy...ryZ62054QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

adg1034

True. Too bad I'm the only one from my college (that I know of) that is planning on preordering a Wii, let alone getting to the store early.

SuperPac

Smiles and Cries said:
but his crap worked on someone :lol

For a system that should supposedly have no eBayability, the Wii seems to be doing OK... there are a bunch of other Wii pre-order auctions that are getting bids over MSRP.

spengo

SuperPac said:
For a system that should supposedly have no eBayability, the Wii seems to be doing OK... there are a bunch of other Wii pre-order auctions that are getting bids over MSRP.

Yeah there are actually a couple that are over $300 already. Are people really this paranoid/lazy?

Mejilan said:
I have no idea if he's being serious or not, but if you're going to camp out like that (be it for a movie, a console launch, or whatever), then doing it with friends is the best way. Card games, board games, pizza parties, DS/PSP multiplayer-fests, fart-competitions. Tons of ways to keep yourselves busy. Not to mention you can watch eachothers' backs when it comes to nature-calls!

that's the plan. minus the fart-competitions.

Mejilan

Just a way to thin the crowd, my man. ;p

Woops. Just saw one Wii + Twilight Princess go on eBay for $599...

spengo

These got to be console crusaders trying to ruin peoples auctions or something. There are already several that have ended between $400-800. If not then I don't know WTF

WindyMan

http://www.planetgamecube.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=12247

In talking with an amiable EB Games employee killing after-hours time outside of his store in the Southern California area, we have learned that his store, and quite possibly the whole EB/GameStop chain, will only authorize as many Wii pre-order sales as they were allowed to sell for the PS3. In the case of this particular store, a maximum of 8 Wii pre-orders would be guaranteed to those willing to fork over the $50 deposit. Two of these systems would be made available to store employees if desired, bringing down the public number to only 6.

OH SH-

WindyMan

Amir0x said:
that would make no sense, unless they started this Wii pre-order stuff without knowing their allocation AT ALL

WindyMan: So, how many Wiis are you guys going to be able to pre-sell?
EB Guy: Six.
WindyMan: ???
WindyMan: Wait, only six?
EB Guy: Yeah, I know.
WindyMan: How many PS3s did you guys pre-sell?
EB Guy: Six.
WindyMan: ???

???

Amir0x said:
that would make no sense, unless they started this Wii pre-order stuff without knowing their allocation AT ALL

And which doesn't fit with what my store said, which already mentioned their allocation, and it's over double the number of PS3s they're getting.

Terrell

Nicktals said:
Good, then I'll have no trouble getting one on launch day with no preorder. If they're only going to do 10-20 Wiis per store, then that means a lot left over.

EDIT: I can NOT believe people are camping overnite. To preorder. A system which may have 2 million units at launch, and at least 1 million......I mean, that's crazy, right?
If Wii becomes this year's Tickle-Me Elmo, better to get it now instead of battling the Wal-Mart gauntlet and getting elbowed in the face by some soccer mom desperate to get her child the next big thing.
Pre-orders just save you from any possible hassle.

R-User!

I called two local EB's today, and the first one said that they called to let ~60 people who pre-ordered games for the Wii, that the Wii would be pre-orderable on Fri. Then the guy tells me that they won't actually HAVE ~60 pre-orders available, but that they MIGHT have around 20 total pre-orders avialable. So I said: "So, in theory, if sixty people were lined up at your store at 9am when your 'opener' shows up, he would have to 'send away' 2/3rds of the line?"

He said, "Yes."

Second-store-guy told me that they would only have "like 15 pre-orders available".

So 15-20 per store?????????? hmm?

I work tomorrow morning, so I hope that on my lunch break I can score a Wii...

Will Pre-Order Zelda, Excite Truck, and Trauma and buy a second Wiimote, and the Classic Controller on day one.

Top Bottom