• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Worldwide VC, WiiWare, & DSiWare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
VCWWbanner.gif

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday in North America. They go up every Tuesday in Japan. They go up every Friday in Europe.

__________Japan__________ (discussion begins with Post #666)

This week's JP WiiWare games (2/24)

Mr. Driller W (Bandai Namco games, 1 player, 800 points)
translate.google link to the official Nintendo page.
ss_01.jpg
ss_02.jpg

Crystal Defenders R2 (Square Enix, 1 player, 1000 points)
translate.google link to the official NIntendo page.
ss_01.jpg
ss_02.jpg

Last Week's JP WW release (2/17):

FUN! FUN! MINIGOLF (Inter-channel. 1-4 players, 1000 points)
translate.google link to official page
ss_01.jpg
ss_02.jpg

This week's JP Virtual Console games (released Feb. 10)

This week's JP VC releases:

Famicom:

Double Dragon
00_ph.gif

PC Engine:

Code:
ワラビー!!
うさぎの国のカンガルーレース NEW 	2009年2月24日 	ハドソン 	600

translate.google edition:
Wallaby!
Rabbit kangaroo race in the country NEW 2009 February 24, Hudson 600

Last Week's JP VC release:

PC Engine:

Code:
スーパーダライアス2 NEW  	2009年2月17日  	タイトー  	800

2 NEW 2009 SUPADARAIASU toe February 17 Thailand 800

Megadrive:

Code:
アレックスキッド 
ザ・ロストスターズ NEW 	2009年2月17日 	セガ 	500

Alex Kidd
THE NEW 2009 ROSUTOSUTAZU February 17, Sega, 500

This week's JP DSiWare games/software (2/25)

Super Mario and Animal Forest Calculators (Nintendo, 200 points each)
translate.google version of official page here.
ss_kwfj.jpg
ss_kwgj.jpg

Just be smart and look! Watch them butt PITTAN character (Bandai Namco games, 200 points)
A clock software maker dictionary thing.
translate.google version of the official page.
img_003.gif
img_001.gif

Art Style Series: nalaku (Nintendo, 500 points)
translate.google version of the official page here.
mode_shot1.jpg
mode_shot2.jpg

Art Style Series: HACOLIFE (Nintendo, 500 points)
mode_shot1.jpg
mode_shot2.jpg

Table taizen ASOBI a little familiar (Nintendo, 500 points, 1 player [2p wireless])
A game collection thingie.
game1_pic_001.jpg
game1_pic_002.jpg
game1_pic_003.jpg
game1_pic_004.jpg
game1_pic_005.jpg

Hey DS Literature 20 World Literature collection (Nintendo, 500 points)
Literature collection.
Amazing shots here:
game1_pic_002.jpg
game1_pic_003.jpg

Mahjong Ide Yousuke health DSI (Nintendo, 800 points, 65 blocks, 1-4 players wireless, WFC enabled)
It's a mahjong game for DSI.
ds_001.jpg
pic_02.jpg

Mr. Driller DSI (Bandai Namco games, 800 points, 58 blocks)
img_001.gif
img_004.gif

__________North America__________ (discussion begins with Post #791)

Feb. 9, 2009

WiiWare

This Week's WW release:

Onslaught

No. of players: up to 4 players
Release Date: Feb 23, 2009
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment, Inc.
Genre: First Person, Shooter
Nintendo WFC: Yes
Wii Points: 1,000
ESRB Rating: T

Onslaught is an FPS that puts you in the middle of a futuristic war between humans and insectoid aliens. You become part of the Elite Interstellar Strike Force, fighting against an overwhelming onslaught of alien life-forms. Enjoy the rush of mowing down wave after wave of aliens with machine guns, grenades, and more. Feel your heart pound as you battle gigantic boss aliens. Besides the normal game, Onslaught includes modes that let you play with rivals from around the world using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Team up with up to three other people in Free Battle mode. Or compete on special maps to see who can get the most points by killing enemies before time runs out in Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Ranking Battle mode.

gPBjS4S54Olfe5rrXCrA9G-mnlbHlv83.jpg
CjEDdMVjO_WlICjafjW4O8rWBMjf5TdX.jpg
9fBZSkl9zaenDUB7yuVy7QMUt2gNh502.jpg

ESRB rating: T
* Animated Blood
* Violence

Last Weeks' WW release:

Evasive Space

No. of players: up to 4 players
Release Date: Feb 16, 2009
Publisher: YUKE'S Company of America
Genre: Action, Adventure
Nintendo WFC: Yes
Wii Points: 1,000
ESRB Rating: E

Launch on a one-of-a-kind mission to rescue the stars! The universe is going dark, and it's up to you, Konki, Stellar Guardian, to put things right. Dr. Dark Matter and his roving band of space thieves have stolen many of the Constellation Stones that make up the heavens. It’s time to suit up, power up, and live up to the task at hand. Recover the Stones and once again bring light to the night sky. Featuring unique use of the Wii Remote controller's Pointer capabilities, simply point and thrust Konki through 20 dangerous time- and collection-based missions in the harshest of environments. Navigate through narrow, mazelike astral caves riddled with space worms, steam pipes, and mining drills. Explore vast space stations while avoiding turret fire, mines, and huge crushing gears. Weave through cluttered asteroid fields and gaseous planetary rings, and more. Evade the hazards, pick up precious items and ship upgrades, and save the Constellation Stones before the night sky is lost forever.

MzMkN1r3BTqeGQ61BhW0wKcenPyrAxwh.jpg
BtjqHiIUwgboEOoJqNY70577mK0kcePA.jpg
rHkmXmvMkbqCXLiSXM25WEevaS7nx4FZ.jpg

ESRB rating: E

Virtual Console

This week's VC release marks the first C64 releases to NA.

The Last Ninja

* Publisher: Commodore Gaming
* System: Commodore 64
* Original Release: 1987
* Genre: Action
* Wii Points: 500

The evil shogun Kunitoki has long envied the powers of the ninja brotherhood and would do anything to acquire their knowledge. To this end he has sworn an oath to their total destruction. Once every decade all ninja must travel to the island of Lin Fen where they pay homage to the Shrine of the White Ninja and receive further teachings from the Koga Scrolls. Seizing the opportunity, Kunitoki summoned forth all the spirits from the depths of the netherworld and flung their full force against the amassed ninja. None escaped the wrath of Kunitoki. Word soon reached Armakuni, the last ninja, of the unnatural disaster that had slain his brothers, and gathering all his courage, he swore to wreak a terrible revenge on the shogun and all his followers. What unforeseen hazards lay in wait for him?
esrb rating

L8_H4PHQBHzi3CY_hDe-FicnvOAKwnD1.gif
HjF26Kt3QLlW_ofqDaz_urVQ2WaHFmWl.gif

ESRB rating: E 10+
* Animated Blood
* Mild Violence

Pitstop II

* Original Release: 1984
* Genre: Racing

Pitstop II was the first racing game that brought the thrill of battling an opponent, the excitement of fighting for the lead out on the track, and the suspense of struggling to be the first out of the pits to the computer screen. Third-person graphics and a split-screen display allowed up to two players to experience the challenge of head-to-head car racing. Six of the world’s toughest racetracks are waiting, from Brands Hatch and its hairpin turns to the mile-long straight of Vallelunga. You can practice against the computer, but nothing will compare to the fun of racing against another person. That’s the whole story behind Pitstop II. It’s simple—car racing was never meant to be a solo sport!

Zwh3ogbCLcHpmOf91rUc3L2rlxh4CUfI.gif
eM7BwPdXntM0PY2084k4BZxpMxgbmloV.gif

International Karate

* Original Release: 1986
* Genre: Fighting

INTERNATIONAL KARATE is a simulation of a karate tournament where two people can play against each other or one can compete against the computer. During the game, you will fly around the world to various locations. In all stages of the game you will be watched over by the wise old judge who will award you either a half point or a full point, depending on how successful a hit has been.

ESRB rating: T

* Mild Violence

QfjJv40xJKx9LRdk42G1hx9u8FzUp5Uw.jpg
iH8cp5kix3sHcHpDSg3tC3gbX0P-hP-Z.jpg

Last Week's NA VC update:

Life Force

* Publisher: Konami
* System: NES
* Original Release: 1988
* Genre: Shooter

This classic shooter, ported to the NES in August 1988, is a spin-off of the seminal Gradius series. Pilot the Vic Viper through six stages of intense action, alternating between horizontally and vertically scrolling environments, and take on wave after wave of enemies. Destroy particular enemies throughout the game—all of which takes place within the body of an enormous alien—to release power-up capsules and equip your ship with your choice of more powerful weapons, extra speed, and shields. Utilize the power-ups carefully, though, as a fearsome guardian lurks at the end of each stage and won’t be easily defeated. You can go it alone or bring along a friend to take on the challenge simultaneously. Do you have what it takes to save your planet?

* Mild Fantasy Violence

hx-vJYCS1y8hk8xtycIelEXYsTzSzpTo.gif
-zFQx4gYMqdoRJlKEhND8AolT2vjRxUG.gif

__________Europe__________ (discussion begins with Post #734)

This week's EU WiiWare game

Snowboard Riot

* Category: Action, Fighting, Other sports
* Multiplayer mode: Simultaneous
* Players: 1-4
* Age rating: 7+
* Publisher: HUDSON SOFT
* Developer: HUDSON SOFT
* Release date: 27/02/2009
* Wii Points: 1000
* Game language: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch

This snowboard racing and battle game can be enjoyed by multiple players, and is compatible with the Wii Balance Board.
Guide your character down the slopes, while snatching up items to attack and defend against rivals on the way, in an intense scramble for first place! Up to 4 players can battle, and participate in various ranking modes via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection!

Outfits and goggles worn by characters on the course are designed by Oakley. Their actual 2008 products are a part of the game! And finally, ride an electro rhythm down the slopes, with the main game music provided by the fresh new electro artists, 80kidz!

PS_SnowboardRiot_Small.JPG

Screens and official EU page here.

Last week's EU Virtual Console games (released Feb. 05)

EU VC update:

Winter Games ™

COMMODORE 64
(Note: No info is found on VC UK page or C64 VC page.)

Category: Sports
Players: 1-8
Age Rating: 3+
Publisher: Commodore Gaming
Wii Points: 500
Release Date: 20/02/2009
SEGA MEGA DRIVE

Wolf of the Battlefield™ MERCS

Category: Action
Players: 1-2
Age Rating: 12+
Publisher: SEGA
Developer: Capcom
Wii Points: 800
Release Date: 20/02/2009

Recycled Media:
tW-zR5dVzLDYY70Hor38hO2eLkCna1-c.gif
OPrw181I-3oz9xfuGNpYFyVM7nsMkwTe.gif

No EU page is available for this.

Links to Related Threads

For a more exhaustive look at the entire WiiWare library, including recommended titles to purchase and to avoid, check out PantherLotus' WiiWare Discussion thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247865

If you're looking for the old thread for Virtual Console and, to a smaller extent, WiiWare discussion, check out Kobun Heat's thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129709
He... he wants you to complain about how shitty VC is. So do that there.

To see the OP from Dec. 22 — 28, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14175114&postcount=158
To see the OP from Dec. 29 — Jan. 4, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14249639&postcount=231
To see the OP from Jan. 5 — Jan. 11, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14342653&postcount=389
To see the OP from Jan. 12 — Jan. 18, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14440932&postcount=506
To see the OP from Jan. 19 — Jan. 25, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14520344&postcount=662
To see the OP from Jan. 26 — Feb. 1, click here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14617836&postcount=814
Legacy post on updates as of the week of Feb. 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14726883&postcount=982
Legacy post on two weeks of updates (weeks of Feb 16 and 23):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14932490&postcount=1391

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
And yes, I'm going to update the OP each week so that people can quickly and easily get the information they want.

I'll need help with the translations of Japanese titles, though.

Chris R

Danthrax said:
And yes, I'm going to update the OP each week so that people can quickly and easily get the information they want.

I'll need help with the translations of Japanese titles, though.
I'd actually rather see something like the PSN thread, with a new thread for every week. Prevents the thread from getting too bloated, at least IMO.

Just dl'd Secret of Mana! Fuck yeah. Still have 1200 points. I was considering a Phantasy Star game, but don't know if I'll like it. Which ones should I go for. Also never played Shining Force. Help! Should I start with older Phastasy Stars or just play IV?

TJ Spyke

Looks nice. I think it's good that someone can just look at the first post to see the current releases rather than having to check several different pages into a massive thread.

Oh, technically it should be "Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium" (Nintendo doesn't always list the full title on the VC page or Wii Shop Channel.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
rhfb said:
I'd actually rather see something like the PSN thread, with a new thread for every week. Prevents the thread from getting too bloated, at least IMO.

Well we'll see how it goes. If enough people want the PSN "new thread each week" format then I'll do that.

TJ Spyke said:
Oh, technically it should be "Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium" (Nintendo doesn't always list the full title on the VC page or Wii Shop Channel.

Fixed, thank you

Might as well toss a link to the old thread somewhere in the OP.
Granted that one will and should be history by now but there are still some nuggets of interesting gaming discussion for those not lacking in free time.

Danthrax said:
Well we'll see how it goes. If enough people want the PSN "new thread each week" format then I'll do that.

I for one would like that. Tons of psn games I just over look because I know nothing about them. This threads great. I just can't decide what to get.

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
Just dl'd Secret of Mana! Fuck yeah. Still have 1200 points. I was considering a Phantasy Star game, but don't know if I'll like it. Which ones should I go for. Also never played Shining Force. Help! Should I start with older Phastasy Stars or just play IV?
PS2 and PS4 are the must plays. I would get 4 first becuase it really puts many RPGs to shame. Especially the current gen ones.

SF is okay. Hasn't aged well.

PS2 and PS4 are the must plays. I would get 4 first becuase it really puts many RPGs to shame. Especially the current gen ones.

SF is okay. Hasn't aged well.

Thanks! PS2 and 4 it is. Is 3 bad I guess or just not as good? Staying away from SF I guess.

If you're really curious about Shining Force skip the first one and just go straight to part 2. It's a better game in every possible way and while it lacks the crazy depth of titles like FFT or Disgaea, it's challenging but not perma-fucking-death Fire Emblem hard, and thankfully features AI that isn't completely incompetent(unlike say Jeanne D'Arc).

Overall it's a simple no-nonsense strategic-RPG with a buttload of characters, a great soundtrack, and some rather clever battles.

Phantasy Star 3 is bad to the point of hilarity and not much else.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
If you're really curious about Shining Force skip the first one and just go straight to part 2. It's a better game in every possible way and while it lacks the crazy depth of titles like FFT or Disgaea, it's challenging but not perma-fucking-death Fire Emblem hard, and thankfully features AI that isn't completely incompetent(unlike say Jeanne D'Arc).

Overall it's a simple no-nonsense strategic-RPG with a buttload of characters, a great soundtrack, and some rather clever battles.

Phantasy Star 3 is bad to the point of hilarity and not much else.

Jesus what happened?
Fuck it I'm getting a bunch VC shit tonight

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
Thanks! PS2 and 4 it is. Is 3 bad I guess or just not as good? Staying away from SF I guess.
PS3 is a bad game at it's core, but there are some interesting ideas in it that makes it worth atleast one playthrough.

PS3 is a bad game at it's core, but there are some interesting ideas in it that makes it worth atleast one playthrough.

Makes me want to try it just to see how bad it is, but I think I'll wait on that. Starting up PSIV thanks for the recommendations.

Basically the game starts with you the great prince Rhys about to marry a random woman who washes up at sea.

For some odd reason this has great repercussions as before you can do the whole vow thing a dragon flies over, calls everyone a bunch of filthy Orakians, and flies off with your would-be princess.

Aftewards you flip the bitch-switch and the King throws you in the dungeon to cool off. For some reason while in prison you find a bunch of helpful items. Okay really how stupid is that? What kind of prison tosses you in a cell containing a map and some helpful items should you escape?

After grabbing all this stuff an important woman(she's important because she has a portrait when she talks) frees you and start on a journey which involves freeing a great evil because you're desperate for some pussy, gaining the assistance of wacky robots that turn into vehicles and bring good luck, watching the world's population slowly dwindle away(by the end of the game it's not surprising to see a town have maybe 2 or 3 inhabitants in it) and get involved in some stuff about Layans and Orakians(which will be completely forgotten by the time PS4 rolls in)

Anyway it's simple. If you're looking for an RPG that'll put hair on your chest get Phantasy Star 2. If you want all of the Phantasy Star but none of the rape pick up part 4. If you just want to smoke some crazy shit and play an RPG go with PS3.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
crowphoenix said:
What's going on here? New thread?

Yep. People complained that the old 27,000-post thread was too bloated and too hard to get information on new releases from, since the info would be spread among multiple posts on multiple posts deep into the thread and the OP hadn't been updated since its creation.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
if you're takin' the burden to take such a massive thread on your shoulders and thus your name be forever printed on GAF's first page, well then it would be nice at least 1 youtube video for each of the releases next to the screens :)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If everybody thinks that this is really needed, or a worldwide thread will be useful, be my guest...although I think the concept is a little too big. Why not an "Official Nintendo Thread"?

My WiiWare thread (still going as of yesterday?) and the other VC thread have both done their jobs. Good luck keeping the OP updated though, you'll learn quickly how daunting a task that really is and how time consuming.

The best thing I can recommend is to have an INDEX, though, that links to various posts of yours throughout this thread, rather than a massive, bloated, and unreadable OP like in so many 'official threads.'

Make a new post for each game or several games and link to it in the OP, rather than putting every game in every territory. That would be much better.

Still, I'm not sure how you intend to properly break up each territory, VC vs. Wiiware, pricing, release dates, media, and commentary. It would be best to keep them as separate threads.

*good luck. you'll need it.*

Also, who was complaining? I missed that.

enishi

Actually JP Wiiware update has been delayed 1 day (i.e. today)

Lost Winds and a mahjong game have been released 2 hours ago.

Danthrax said:
Yep. People complained that the old 27,000-post thread was too bloated and too hard to get information on new releases from, since the info would be spread among multiple posts on multiple posts deep into the thread and the OP hadn't been updated since its creation.
Cool. Just point me where to post about the VC and I'll be there.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
PantherLotus said:
If everybody thinks that this is really needed, or a worldwide thread will be useful, be my guest...although I think the concept is a little too big. Why not an "Official Nintendo Thread"?

My WiiWare thread (still going as of yesterday?) and the other VC thread have both done their jobs. Good luck keeping the OP updated though, you'll learn quickly how daunting a task that really is and how time consuming.

The best thing I can recommend is to have an INDEX, though, that links to various posts of yours throughout this thread, rather than a massive, bloated, and unreadable OP like in so many 'official threads.'

Make a new post for each game or several games and link to it in the OP, rather than putting every game in every territory. That would be much better.

Still, I'm not sure how you intend to properly break up each territory, VC vs. Wiiware, pricing, release dates, media, and commentary. It would be best to keep them as separate threads.

*good luck. you'll need it.*

Also, who was complaining? I missed that.

I was unaware of your WiiWare thread, I didn't mean to step on your toes. I've previously been a casual observer of VC/WiiWare and only bought a handful of things from those services, but I've only noticed the VC/WWare thread that Kobun made and was updated with a funny thread title every week. In that thread, people started to complain about being unable to find information efficiently, which made sense in a 27,000-post thread with no updated OP.

I know that updating an OP can be a massive undertaking. This isn't my first official thread (I did the Too Human one, heh) but this isn't going to be a gigantic index of every game ever released on VC and WW. I'm going to completely wipe and redo the OP every week to reflect that week's games, keeping the OP's formatting, of course. It'll be simple and easy, which is what I'm going for and the reason this thread exists.

enishi said:
Actually JP Wiiware update has been delayed 1 day (i.e. today)

Lost Winds and a mahjong game have been released 2 hours ago.

Both on WiiWare? I was wondering if they had any WW games. I'm checking the Nintendo of Japan WiiWare site now.

[edit] Okay, OP updated with Japanese WiiWare games. If anyone would like to properly translate the descriptions on the Lost Winds page and the Simple Vol. 3 Mahjong page, be my guest. Their text is below:

欧米で高い評価を受けたWiiウェア『ロストウィンズ』が日本上陸。

蘇った悪の精霊バラザールを倒して魔法の世界ミストラリスを救うため、主人公の少年トクと風の精霊エンリルの冒険と友情の物語が始まります。

Wiiリモコンでテレビに向かって軌跡を描くと、その軌跡をたどって風が吹きます。その風を利用して、主人公を高いとこまで運んだり、仕掛けを作動させたりして世界各地の謎を解き、ゲームを進めていきます。

ゲームは、全部で5モードを搭載!
一人で自由にルールを設定して練習する【練習モード】、Mjリーグに参加しCPUたちとMjポイントを掛けて戦う【チャレンジモード】、全国のユーザーとポイントをかけて対戦し全国ランキングを競い合う【通信対戦:全国対戦モード】など、遊べるモードは様々!

また、各モードごとにプレイ結果が保存されるため、和了役一覧など、自分の得意・不得意を分析できる!

Somnid

The problem with having to threads of VC and Wiiware is that Nintendo pretty much lumps them together. Seperating them out becomes difficult since they hit at the same time and effect the releases of each other. Ideally this thread should be for news only with impressions going into either seperate threads marked by game, or the Wiiware one.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay, added a "links to related threads" section to the OP.

I'll think about the suggestion to add video links for each game. I don't want to clutter up the thread too much. Besides, most of this is officially released material and they usually don't release official videos for VC/WW games. (Right? I'm not missing them somewhere?)

jibblypop

Banned
Thanks for this thread. Please keep it up as it's a much more useful resource compared to those super cluttered threads that we have on here.

enishi

Fantastical said:
Hope it sells a billion copies. It's about time for some news of that sequel.

I did my part. I love how it presents. I hope my 1000 pts spent on the right thing.

Luigison

Danthrax said:
I'm going to completely wipe and redo the OP every week to reflect that week's games, keeping the OP's formatting, of course. It'll be simple and easy, which is what I'm going for and the reason this thread exists.
I think it'd be better to have an index in the OP with links to post in this thread for each week. That way you don't lose all your hard work each week and people that missed a particular week can look it up.

I like the idea of having VC and WW in the same thread with pictures and descriptions. It wouldn't be necessary, but you could also link to MetaCritic, GameRankings, WiiWare-World/VC-Reviews, YouTube, or official Nintendo pages. Again, not needed, but someone might appreciate it. Of course you'll have your work cut out for you just keeping up with names, descriptions, and images. Good luck.

DNF

good work so far.
but as others stated before i think before you rewrite the OP you should post the old data somewhere in the thread and then link to it from the op (like 1 link for 1 calenderweek) if it isn't too much effort.

Haunted

Thanks for the thread and good luck, Danthrax.

I almost never entered the other thread because it was just too fucking big.

Neomoto

Haunted said:
Thanks for the thread and good luck, Danthrax.

I almost never entered the other thread because it was just too fucking big.
Yeah I agree. The old thread is amazing but perhaps it is best to make a new thread like this one when there is a week with notable releases that shouldn't be overlooked. And links to older threads at the end of the OP, like with the Media Create threads.

Anyway, great week overall. I never played Secret of Mana (don't kill me!), too bad I just don't have the time to play games all the time or I would probably have bought it (would need more Wii Points first though).

Neo Samus

Neomoto said:
Yeah I agree. The old thread is amazing but perhaps it is best to make a new thread like this one when there is a week with notable releases that shouldn't be overlooked. And links to older threads at the end of the OP, like with the Media Create threads.

Anyway, great week overall. I never played Secret of Mana (don't kill me!), too bad I just don't have the time to play games all the time or I would probably have bought it (would need more Wii Points first though).

I never played it before either. But my Secret Santa gifted it to me and it is fantastic!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yay, I bitched in Kohler's thread about not having a thread like this. Really glad someone took the reigns and did something about it!

dyls

Nice work, OP. I hope this thread can stay focused on the released games and their quality, rather than a bitchfest about all the games we haven't gotten, the release schedule, prices, how Nintendo owes each one of us a blowjob, etc. like the old thread. But I'm not holding my breath.

For my part, I'll be picking up PSIV this week as I never played it back in the day

Was the rumor about the internet channel update for a Wii Opera Browser 2.0 just a load of bs?

I was somewhat expecting it on Dec 22nd two years after the 1st version was released but have not heard anything.

nincompoop said:
Why is Nobunaga's Ambition 1000 points in Japan?

In-depth game surcharge. In Japan, most RPGs, for instance, are 100 points more than the typical system price point. Not too many games have a 200 point increase though, skimming through Wikipedia, the only the two previous games I spot are Ocarina of Time and . . . dun dun dun . . . Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV. So, looks like Koei is going to automatically add an extra 200 points to any strategy titles released on the Japanese VC. Thankfully, that's one of the few things we North Americans and Europeans don't have to worry about (except when it comes to imports).

OnPoint

I welcome this thread. Looking good so far.

I also second the motion that a new one is made each week, similar to the PSN one. Links to each of your previous threads at the bottom of the OP would keep things linked together, but that has probably already been suggested.

OnPoint said:
I welcome this thread. Looking good so far.

I also second the motion that a new one is made each week, similar to the PSN one. Links to each of your previous threads at the bottom of the OP would keep things linked together, but that has probably already been suggested.

Nah, keep the single one going. Just have the OP updated each week, that way we keep a history going in one thread!

OnPoint

Nuclear Muffin said:
Nah, keep the single one going. Just have the OP updated each week, that way we keep a history going in one thread!

If one of the main reasons this thread was created was to avoid clutter, then updating the first post all the time only fixes half the problem.

Maybe make it a monthly thing?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay, OP updated with a small, functional banner.

Stumpokapow said:
is dsiware going to go in here

Possibly. I hadn't thought about it but if Nintendo updates it regularly, it would be a good idea to have it here with the other Wii Shop services. Especially once the other regions get DSiWare.

Luigison said:
I think it'd be better to have an index in the OP with links to post in this thread for each week. That way you don't lose all your hard work each week and people that missed a particular week can look it up.

I've thought about doing this and I probably will. As for your suggestions about linking to Metacritic and Youtube, I probably won't do that since this is mostly an announcement thread about what's new on the Wii Shop services, it's not meant as a be-all end-all official thread for every game coming out. If someone cares enough about a new game, like Tiki Towers or something, they can make a new, official thread about it and I could link to that in the "related links" section.

Which reminds me that I could link to the official Lost Winds thread, heh... [edit] Never mind, there IS no official Lost Winds thread. The closest thing is a 500+ post thread on Lost Winds but its OP has no information besides "it's awesum, buy it NAAAAO" so I won't link to it. =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom