• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official X360 Publishing Partners

PhatSaqs

Banned
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/partners.htm

2K Games
Activision, Inc.
Atari®
Bandai Co. Ltd.
Bethesda Softworks
Buena Vista Games
Capcom
Codemasters
Eidos
Electronic Arts FromSoftware Inc.
KOEI
Konami Digital Entertainment
Majesco Games
Microsoft Game Studios
Midway Games, Inc.
Namco Hometek Inc.
Phantagram Ltd.
Rockstar Games
SEGA®
Square/Enix
Tecmo®
THQ®
Ubisoft
Vivendi Universal Games
Webzen

Betrayaloton! :lol

Doube D

EVEN IF it was there, squeenix publishes games for 3rd party devs in jpn. Square/Enix doesn't mean Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

Teddman said:
It really did say "Square/Enix"

I wish someone had taken a screenshot.

Doubtful.

I find no evidence anywhere other than an original poster putting it and every second or third poster ON EVERY SINGLE FORUM posting that it was BS.

I don't rule it out, but Peter Moore today said no Square, won't be at E3, but expected to sign eventually.

bitwise

Banned
sonycowboy said:
Doubtful.

I find no evidence anywhere other than an original poster putting it and every second or third poster ON EVERY SINGLE FORUM posting that it was BS.

I don't rule it out, but Peter Moore today said no Square, won't be at E3, but expected to sign eventually.

so you're calling PhatSaqs a liar?

It was there, I saw it myself. I was going to post it but the forum is so fucking slow because we're all so excited about PD0 that I just gave up.

Looks like they took it down though. Heh.

PhatSaqs said:
Basically. Plenty of people saw it. He just doesnt wanna believe it.

I said doubtful, based on the threads I've seen at the various forums. All had it debunked within a minute or so.

However, there seems to be a few here who are concurring, so I'll entertain it ;)

Anybody happen to see the quote from Square Enix as EVERY SINGLE OTHER PUBLISHER listed has a quote?

Teddman

sonycowboy said:
I said doubtful, based on the threads I've seen at the various forums. All had it debunked within a minute or so.
Because within a minute or so, the listing was removed from the Xbox.com page.

chinch

Tenacious-V Redux
sonycowboy said:
Doubtful.

wrong.

the site did indeed say Square/Enix it as posted. it's been since removed.

A friend of mine copy and pasted the same list and sent it via email to me. It was there when he went to the site, according to him. I thought he was joking...if I'm an X-Bot, he's the fucking Unicron of X-Bots :lol...though he's never made up shit about such things that I'm aware of. I'm guessing that they're just saving this for E3 or TGS or something.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Why would Sony fans be suprised about Squeenix jumping a little ship to make some money?

Kingdom Hearts proves they are the EA of Japan :0 They belong in this sort of gaming vision.

Doube D

It's not the sony fans who are in denial. Square/enix support for xbox 360 will be marginal at best. You WILL NOT see major franchises PERIOD. If you think im in denial, quote me. :D

chinch said:
wrong.

the site did indeed say Square/Enix it as posted. it's been since removed.

sonycowboy said:
However, there seems to be a few here who are concurring, so I'll entertain it ;)

Anybody happen to see the quote from Square Enix as EVERY SINGLE OTHER PUBLISHER listed has a quote?

Funny, how nobody seems to care to notice my second and third sentences. I've seen quite a few concurring posts and some of them have me believing. My initial reaction, like mosts of the first 10 posts, was that this was a joke as I clicked immediately upon the post and didn't see it. So, I went along with it. Then I thought the joke was taking on it's own life for the fun of it. But with Craig also backing it up, I still have some hesitancy if it's just a big joke, but otherwise, I'll believe that it was there.

Seriously guys, Square Enix was listed on that page. They changed the page. I saw them listed on there too and went "WTF?" and told a friend about it, loaded the page back up and it was GONE. This could have been an error (wasn't supposed to ever be there) or perhaps another case of "Oops...leaked another tidbit early" that got taken down. From what I hear they probably won't be on Xbox 360, but who knows.

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
My theory as to what happened:

MS planned to publish a list of partners on their website today. The list was drafted up earlier in the week at which point they figured they would certainly have signed all the partners to 3rd Party contracts, including Square Enix. Problem is, they haven't actually sealed the deal yet with Square...

Some mid level marketing manager gave the go ahead to the webmaster to post the list and minutes later someone else noticed that Square's name was on their so they took it down.

It is extremely common for deals to get signed days or even hours prior to the press conferences. I expect Square Enix will be one of them!

Shinobi

sonycowboy said:
Doubtful.

The question is, why would he and others be so adamant in continuing a lie? Unless they're all in on this, or it's all the same guy.

I tend to believe him...we've seen stuff like that before. The Ferrari logo was supposedly in GT4's manufacturer select screen, but that went away. Doesn't neccessarily mean Square/Enix will announce anything anyway...might've just been a total fuck up at MS's end.

Doube D said:
It's not the sony fans who are in denial. Square/enix support for xbox 360 will be marginal at best. You WILL NOT see major franchises PERIOD. If you think im in denial, quote me. :D

I've yet to see anyone in this thread talk about Final Fantasy Live being a reality, so your post makes about as much sense as Perfect Dark Zero's graphics.

Top Bottom