• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh my god, about Pokemon Sun and Moon anime... (Episode 139, SPOILERS)

buizel

Banned
Okay good reboot the series into something that isnt

WOW A ROCK TYPE - GO PIKACHU (wins)

AAAOOOH WHOS THAT POKEMON - GEODUDE, A ROCK TYPE POKEMON (ASH: AAAHHWW) - GEODUDE CAN USE ROCK..... 15 MINUTES LATER... blah blah every fuckin episode

Ash: I'll try my best
Spritely Girl Side Character: You can dooo it!
Sidekick's Sidekick: Chaauuuuuuu
Dorky Dude Side Character: Oh wow please do your best this time
Other Sidekick's Sidekick: Gunguuruuuuu
OSS's Sidekick: Doonnngggg *jumps at camera*

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
Has he met his deadbeat dad yet?

Cxkv-2RUUAA8RIr.jpg

twoflowers reachin for the poon

Shaqazooloo

So, he finally won one eh? Where will they go with it? I hope they have him defend his title or something.

I only found out about Ash's lack of victories in the pokemon league about a year ago and it still amazes me how they were able to get away with that for all this time. I mean, it's been like 20 years with the same character and he only wins big now? I wouldn't be able stand watching it myself. I almost think it'd be better if they retired the Ash character every so often and focused on a new up incomer because at least you could end an adventure and begin anew.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
He deserved to win Kalos way more. I doubt Ash will ever be retired unless Rica Matsumoto dies or retires as a voice actress.

I haven't watched S/M yet, but I've gotten the impression from the internet that this was an extremely hollow victory because the competition was a joke. That's even more of a slap in the face after Kalos where
we see him train his ass off and win badges with actual battle prowess instead of good deeds, only to lose to BURASTO BAHN. Thankfully the arc after the tourney kinda made up for it.

Finally. I remember being 10 or so and feeling so crushed when Ash lost the Kanto League or whatever its called. Seriously though, they really should age Ash. It'd be dope if he became some kind of mentor to the new main character or even became a Pokemon professor or something.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Has he met his deadbeat dad yet?
Canon wise he has a dad and grandpa
When I was A KID I remember ep1 mentioned it but then for 40 years he was never mentioned again. Continuity isn't a thing in this anime and even as a kid I knew it had become bad after the orange islands.

jadedm17

Overall, Ash has owned 52 badges and 7 Frontier Symbols (59 badges if you consider Frontier Symbols to be Badges).Jul 13, 2018

So Google says that Ash has had 52 badges some year plus ago.....
According to his Wikipedia he's let let go some of the strongest Pokemon ever...
Back to Google there's been over 1000 episodes over the last 22 years...

I grew up on Pokemon, I still have a lot of love....
But who the heck cares? I'm trying not to judge but really 22 years later this immortal ten year old has won? I'm genuinely confused how anyone can become attached to these characters. The premise, the cards, the games.... sure... But watching this show after this long? Why?

Continuity isn't a thing in this anime and even as a kid I knew it had become bad after the orange islands.
My issue exactly, why not just make round of characters akin to how Power Rangers operates? How do people get invested in someone becoming master when they don't age after 20 years and accomplish nothing after 52 plus badges? There's no weight here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 757921

Unconfirmed Member
Because of how he beat Hau and how this league was structured I wasn’t excited for him winning. I’m glad he finally got one but it’s 🤷🏽‍♂️ For me.

I would love a reboot with a main protagonists who’s starter isn’t a over powered bullshit Pikachu but that’s wishful thinking.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
If Ash was Red he would have won it in Red/Blue/Green era and then Gold / Ethan / Jimmy whatever you want to call him would have replaced him back in Gold and Silver to have this happen at the end of that series.

A shame they never animated it for that Generations thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Google says that Ash has had 52 badges some year plus ago.....
According to his Wikipedia he's let let go some of the strongest Pokemon ever...
Back to Google there's been over 1000 episodes over the last 22 years...

I grew up on Pokemon, I still have a lot of love....
But who the heck cares? I'm trying not to judge but really 22 years later this immortal ten year old has won? I'm genuinely confused how anyone can become attached to these characters. The premise, the cards, the games.... sure... But watching this show after this long? Why?

My issue exactly, why not just make round of characters akin to how Power Rangers operates? How do people get invested in someone becoming master when they don't age after 20 years and accomplish nothing after 52 plus badges? There's no weight here.

Canon wise he's quite the monster trainer, but for plot reasons blah blah he shows little in comparison to what he could obtain
If you look closely, tho, he shows lots of awesome strategy

Also, this could very Well be a good moment to reboot, as the rumors said

Just get rid of Ash at least for a certain period of time, and make feel this like a fresh start, with a new character, a new starter in the veins of pikachu and such
Dunno, give him an Eevee (is the other mascot with Pikachu)?
And make it start from another region maybe, would be awesome to see another trainer start an adventure from scratch from another region, I love Hoenn in particular

I'd accept more Ash only if this reboot is on par with I choose you movie style, that was a blast to watch in motion

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Canon wise he's quite the monster trainer, but for plot reasons blah blah he shows little in comparison to what he could obtain
If you look closely, tho, he shows lots of awesome strategy

Also, this could very Well be a good moment to reboot, as the rumors said

Just get rid of Ash at least for a certain period of time, and make feel this like a fresh start, with a new character, a new starter in the veins of pikachu and such
Dunno, give him an Eevee (is the other mascot with Pikachu)?
And make it start from another region maybe, would be awesome to see another trainer start an adventure from scratch from another region, I love Hoenn in particular

I'd accept more Ash only if this reboot is on par with I choose you movie style, that was a blast to watch in motion
May I add a decent drawing style?

like... what the hell happenned...

I'm sure a lot of people will be tired already about this complain, but, I just cant help but feel incredibly disappointed, for the fact of passing to love the franchise to give only half a fuck about it thanks to the designs T_T

May I add a decent drawing style?

like... what the hell happenned...

I'm sure a lot of people will be tired already about this complain, but, I just cant help but feel incredibly disappointed, for the fact of passing to love the franchise to give only half a fuck about it thanks to the designs T_T

Agree, I referenced for this matter the movie I choose you, who I find awesome

Pejo

I hope when he won that the played the OG theme song "I want to be the very best, like no one ever was...."

Otherwise they ruined it.

Top Bottom