• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh shit whaddup: Voice actor has Devil May Cry 5 in his resume [Well... Err...]

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Sorry, this is the biggest load of horse shit. I've been with this series since the beginning, played DMC1 freshman year in high school and have stuck with it since today. I'm a big action fan, I love Capcom, love Platinum, and a number of western efforts, but I can honestly say that DmC from Ninja Theory was one of the better entries in the DMC franchise -- which again, has not been the perfect series of games.

Also, you CAN make a fun and exciting action game with depth at 30FPS (God of War series and Vanquish as the stand out examples). The worst thing about the whole 30fps/60fps meme is that people who often bring it up don't even know what it's about. 30FPS action CAN be just as engaging and deep as 60FPS games, and also 60FPS games are not inherently better than others -- which you can see from Platinum's more recent efforts.

Honestly, it's close-minded and bitter fans such as yourself that make it hard for people to take fans of DMC seriously.
And I can't take you seriously cause you were shilling DmC so hard that some people here thought you were a paid marketer for Ninja Theory. Don't throw rocks cause you're living in a glass cube, playboy.

Bitter? The only ones bitter here are the DmC fans, DMC fans are excited. I got Lady, Trish, and Vergil in a DMC4 expansion last year, I'm still buzzing from that.

You are right though that 30 fps combat can be superior to 60 fps. I'm playing Souls 3 in 60fps but I like Bloodborne's combat more. But this isn't the franchise for it, not with 4 games in 60fps, this is the daddy of the genre.

TreIII

Back into the depths it goes. :(

It's really really unusual. The 2013 thing is a dead giveaway that something's wrong. At the same time, I don't think this guy is credited for DmC.

Could he have auditioned for DmC Dante, not gotten the role, then never updated his online portfolio? I mean, that seems really unlikely.

The other possibility, and this may be a longshot, but stuff like vocal work could feasibly be done sometime prior, and then could just be sitting in a post-production vault until the time is right or just not get used at all, in the case that somebody changes their mind and opts to not use your vocal track at all (like how Dan Castlenetta did a full recording of Genie for the third Aladdin movie, but it wasn't used because they got Robin Williams back instead).

IF any of that is possible, then we may have our lead for why that appears. Of course, even in that case, there's nothing that says that Capcom didn't call back the "runner up" for a new game sometime later on.

Beth Cyra

Nah, this isn't Konami.

Don't get DMC 4 Final Battle or whatever that had brand new CG with Trish, Dante, and Nero.

So Capcom loves them Pachinko machines as well.

Then again I seen nothing wrong with having Brand extension in Pachinko, it weirds me out how much people freak over them.

jbljJon.png

Sesha

I repeat. DMC5 is not happening. You are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

You really think an RE2 remake and Dead Rising 4 would happen and not DMC5? DMC is one of their highest selling franchises on average with all the later releases continuing to sell. It's financially sensible for them to make a new DMC. There's nothing suggesting they won't make another title in the series, besides bitter fan disappointment.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The other possibility, and this may be a longshot, but stuff like vocal work could feasibly be done sometime prior, and then could just be sitting in a post-production vault until the time is right or just not get used at all, in the case that somebody changes their mind and opts to not use your vocal track at all (like how Dan Castlenetta did a full recording of Genie for the third Aladdin movie, but it wasn't used because they got Robin Williams back instead).

IF any of that is possible, then we may have our lead for why that appears. Of course, even in that case, there's nothing that says that Capcom didn't call back the "runner up" for a new game sometime later on.

I just want the guy to respond so we can put it to rest. He probably won't though.

Who is this guy?

Dan Southworth is Vergil's mocap actor and voice actor.

But please don't take this as confirmation of anything. It's no secret that Dan and Reuben have wanted DMC5 for some time now. Dan is just a little more overt with his prodding.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You really think an RE2 remake and Dead Rising 4 would happen and not DMC5? DMC is one of their highest selling franchises on average with all the later releases continuing to sell. It's financially sensible for them to make a new DMC. There's nothing suggesting they won't make another title in the series, besides bitter fan disappointment.

He's trying to work himself, leave him be.

The timing sounds like DmC, but his name isn't in the cast.

Does he speak more than one language? Perhaps he's the lead in another language, say French, maybe? Lots of Canadians speak French.

On the flip side, there's no reason to believe that Capcom wasn't already working on DMC5 when DmC came out, or shortly after. It's not at all unreasonable.

nOoblet16

New lead incoming? I guess that's ok. Not much more you can do with Dante and Nero was kind of a [really awesome] one trick pony.

Looking forward to the return of the best action game series.

They can't go back to the real Devil May Cry after DmC and not have the original Dante.

I would be massively disappointed if Uncle Dante doesn't return.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Does he speak more than one language? Perhaps he's the lead in another language, say French, maybe? Lots of Canadians speak French.

On the flip side, there's no reason to believe that Capcom wasn't already working on DMC5 when DmC came out, or shortly after. It's not at all unreasonable.

It's pretty unlikely. They've confirmed that the future of the series depended on DmC's sales. I don't think they would have been far enough along, even in late 2013, to greenlight and begin casting.

Good idea on the other language thing.

That's my thought process, he was probably the lead in another language.

RE is the only untouchable franchise in Capcoms eyes outside of Monster hunter. Everything else is either made in partnership with one of the big 3 or is a smaller downloadable game.

Microsoft is funding Dead rising 4.

DMC5 isn't happening. The only party who it would make sense to fund it is Sony and they don't need another action franchise.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I emailed Nils about his Devil May Cry 5 credit. He says he "booked the role years ago, but due to scheduling conflicts it didn't actually come into fruition"

Pretty sure it's DMC, since that fits in with the timeline of his VA credits

M&T BANK (???)
HANNA (2011)
THE EAGLE (2011)
POKER STARS NORTH AMERICA (2009?)
DEVIL MAY CRY 5 (2010)
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: THE CHALLENGE (2008?)
EMPIRE OF LIBERTY (2010-2011)
DREAM PHONE (???)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I emailed Nils about his Devil May Cry 5 credit. He says he "booked the role years ago, but due to scheduling conflicts it didn't actually come into fruition"

M&T BANK (???)
HANNA (2011)
THE EAGLE (2011)
DEVIL MAY CRY 5 (2010)
DREAM PHONE (???)

And there we have it. Nothing to see here, folks.

Nibel

M&T BANK (???)
HANNA (2011)
THE EAGLE (2011)
DEVIL MAY CRY 5 (2010)
DREAM PHONE (???)

Aight, this can be closed then

M&T BANK (???)
HANNA (2011)
THE EAGLE (2011)
DEVIL MAY CRY 5 (2010)
DREAM PHONE (???)

RIP

pcostabel

Gold Member

M&T BANK (???)
HANNA (2011)
THE EAGLE (2011)
DEVIL MAY CRY 5 (2010)
DREAM PHONE (???)

Nice save.

M&T BANK (???)
HANNA (2011)
THE EAGLE (2011)
DEVIL MAY CRY 5 (2010)
DREAM PHONE (???)

please-disperse.gif

Top Bottom