• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

HomShaBom said:
mooreownskutape7.gif

:lol

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
UncleGuito said:
And just think of what this will do for the Japan sales since the 360 is hella cheap there.

Not much.

But it'll do good in the U.S. I think.

adelante

Anybody else looking forward to the 1up podcast because of this? :lol

Though I suspect we'll hear a subdued Shane by then =p

Andonuts

I love that the first three pages of this thread consist solely of people commenting about how much drama the thread will have.

Oh neogaf-tan. ^__^

Joe Molotov

PhoenixDark said:
rotk0173xh5.jpg

Many accounts were lost to make this victory possible. Hail the victorious dead

rotk0174pl6.jpg

Doom Bringer...

rotk0205tu7.jpg

No news of Konami?

rotk0206wh1.jpg

None yet, but perhaps Kojima will jump in so we may all jack off

rotk0208ie4.jpg

But what does your heart tell you?

rotk0209ri2.jpg

That the 360 can't run MGS4 without Blu Ray lol

ttt0842rs4.jpg

...damn shame

Well done.

oo Kosma oo said:
picture of the nile river

Um, what does geography have to do with this unconfirmed rumor that is purely speculation and is not going to happen under any circumstance. Get with the program.

And :lol at PD. Youre the best.

Lagaff

Gub'mint Researcher
Capcom made it clear no more exclusif:

This corporation in its future to the improvement of its customer satisfaction it is going to be promoting multi-platform stratergy!

-Dead rising and Lost planet will come to ps3 too i think

Don't want to get too serious in this thread lol, but this is a sign of things to come. Developers were paying even more attention to the Feb NPD numbers than us - and they had all the numbers too. Considering the high dev costs of DMC and similar games you better believe publishers are looking to ensure that they get their money back. And right now it doesn't look like that would happen on just the PS3.

Look at VF5. Does anything think Sega is too thrilled about its preformance thus far, in the US and Japan?

Kittonwy

Banned
LittleTokyo said:
I don't understand this mentality. The game is still coming to the PS3, and in all likeliness, will be the same game it would have been had it been an exclusive.

The point is you are not required to understand this mentality, that's just how I felt when I learned of the news, I'm not sure whether I can rationalize it even if I wanted to. I will still buy the PS3 version. What do you want me to say?
Indifferent2.gif

Ranger X

Shig said:
People are actually surprised at this? I mean it may not have been a total given but the Magic 8-ball was definitely far into 'seems likely' territory.

It's a given but people like to sing doom and gloom.
There will be less third party exclusives this gen. It's like this because there simply won't be enough money made with next-gen dev costs without a console clearly leading the world. Third party will ask for insane amount of money for exclusivity wich Sony or Microsoft won't pay. Third parties will then go multi-platform and actually make real bling bling.

The war will be at the first party level.

kevm3

vpance said:
This shouldn't be all that much of a surprise, but still fun news nonetheless :)

Is it a by product of Sony's poor decision making this gen? Or just a matter of Capcom basically looking out for itself? Whichever it is, Sony just isn't paying for exclusives this gen. They rather pour the money into their 1st party studios.

Pouring their money into 1st party, yet not marketing them very well. Once Sony sees the next few sales charts, they'll realize they are screwing up big time. Sony keeps talking about selling the PS3 on first party, yet they hardly show these games. How long is it since we got a real look at Heavenly Sword?

I feel sorry for PS3 owners for the next few months. Are there even any good exclusive games coming out any time soon? They're basically forced to play what's already on the 360 in a version that's either inferior or the same. I've defended Sony several times, but it really seems that they don't care about the games. They're going away from what made them wildly successful two generations in a row - third party support, and seem to be trying to turn into Nintendo... except worse.

Hermit media policies, trying to sell based on 1st party... They have good games, but they don't have a Shigeru Miyamoto, and they also have the unfortunate burden of trying to sell 1st party games with a $600 price tag. N64 didn't even have that huge burden.

HolyStar

Banned
m0dus said:
Now GAF, before you overreact in typical . . . well . . GAF fashion, I would implore the more hyperactive of you to take a deep breath. walk away from the keyboard for a while. maybe watch some TV. Calm down. take a deep breath;

-Don't overreact. this isn't ****ing gamefaqs, so don't act like it.
-don't act like brazen fanboys. I don't care if your suddenly praising capcom or cursing their name, it's obnoxious.
-There have been numerous such 'false alarms' in the past.
-There has not been, as of yet, real confirmation (from what I've seen)
-Very often, we get half-translations of ancient rumors passed off as 'fact' from no-name websites or news orgs.
-Don't post inane smileys with comments like, "there goes my reason for buying a PS3!" you're not fooling anyone, you never were, so spare us the Bullshit.
-if this is good news to you, accept it with some dignity. being a jackass will bite you in the ass 2 weeks down the road when the exclusive you've been hinging all your fanboy arguments on goes to some other machine.
-Bioshock is going multiplatform.

Have a great thread, I expect the server load of registered members to lighten up quite a bit after all the all-nite ban-holocaust.

The way you post this makes me that you are feeling a little blue... It's alright you still have MGS4 and FFXIII...

for now

Capcom said:
¡¡"Devil May Cry" is a series of popular, stylish action games, with a cast of unforgettable characters. Since the release of the original "Devil May Cry" in 2001, the series has shipped 6,800,000 copies as of December 31st, 2006, proudly making it one of Capcom's flagship titles. The series appeal is not limited to games; an animated TV series to be broadcast on Japan's WOWOW network is slated to air Spring 2007. The latest iteration, "Devil May Cry 4" will take advantage of each platform's hardware strengths to achieve the most stunning visuals in the series to date, and the introduction of a mysterious new protagonist will keep the action fast and fresh. Even before its release, "Devil May Cry 4" has been met with tremendous anticipation, as fans patiently endured long lines at TOKYO GAME SHOW 2006 for the chance to play the demo. "Devil May Cry 4" will be released simultaneously for the PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360™ platforms.

And there you have it folks...

Idioteque

Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy XIII
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Tekken 6

I think those might be the only good third party exclusives the PS3 has right now.

But I think the first party stuff is still pretty strong and really the main reason to own the console.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Um, what does geography have to do with this unconfirmed rumor that is purely speculation and is not going to happen under any circumstance.

TWO press releases from capcom , one in Japanese and one in English = unconfirmed rumour?

he was telling you that you are "in da Nile"

Top Bottom