• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok it's official, op is EPIC FAIL!

JADS

I thought that you could link your Wii to your Club Nintendo account in case this happened? My Club Nintendo account keeps track of the stuff that I bought in the store.

HUELEN10

JADS said:
I thought that you could link your Wii to your Club Nintendo account in case this happened? My Club Nintendo account keeps track of the stuff that I bought in the store.
Keeps track, but that's it. :lol Not that useful, though better than nothing.

dovella said:
Yes, my old console not work

Impossible repair (for nintendo) this is EPIC #FAIL 100%

jesus, what's wrong with you?
you sent in a modded(I don't want to even know what was on your Wii...) console which you bricked and now you complain?

here in Italy many Wii owners have bought the new black wii , have sent it to Nintendo Italy along with their old Wii, and they have transferred for free all data and downloaded content to the new console.
It's possible, just contact Nintendo!

Dovella senti, tempo fa lessi in giro per qualche forum italiano, di gente che all'uscita del Wii nero l'ha voluto comprare, ed hanno spedito a Nintendo il loro vecchio Wii e quello nuovo e loro gli hanno trasferito, credo gratis, i vari giochi wiiware , virtual console etc. che avevano scaricato! Informati un pò che dovrebbe essere fattibile.

this too. They do it here as well. I just guess dovella had explosive material on his Wii

Jonsoncao

Banned
after reading OP, I thought in this thread the guy who felt butthurt should be OP himself

but it seems later posts proved me wrong

SmokyDave

I read the disclaimer the first time I purchased an item from the Wii store. That was also the last time I purchased an item from the Wii store. Used my free 1000 points with my DSi and then never bought anything on that either. Nintendos DRM model is a joke and the punchline isn't coming until next-gen.

dovella

iamaustrian said:
jesus, what's wrong with you?
you sent in a modded(I don't want to even know what was on your Wii...) console which you bricked and now you complain?

this too. They do it here as well. I just guess dovella had explosive material on his Wii

Where is a problem? I want pay to change DVD, and DVD cost 180 € ? NO.

Ok no problem Nintendo i buy a new Wii but..... where is my Game?

(i have Mod old console only for Play Tatsunoke vs Capcom Japanese version and with new Firmware , Japan game not work )

dovella said:
Excuse me my English im Italian

With Xbox 360 you can change console and download againg your game

Its easy

6ym72x.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/drm/

With Nintendo Wii all the products you have previously purchased , not be transferred to a new console .

someone can write a petition on line in English correctly?

I spent a lot of money on the Wii shop, and with the new console I lost everything.

I'm sorry but you seem like a moron. You should've sent your Wii to Nintendo for
repairs. Unless you bricked your system while trying to mod it :lol
Don't blame Nintendo because of your fuck ups. And as for Microsoft -- the 360
is ALWAYS breaking down so I expect them to give you instant details :lol

As been stated numerous times before, you can transfer your games to your new console. First, link your Wii to a Nintendo Online account, then contact Customer Service.

Comrade Stalin said:
As been stated numerous times before, you can transfer your games to your new console. First, link your Wii to a Nintendo Online account, then contact Customer Service.
He can't because the goofball threw out his old Wii.

Since the OP appears to still be posting here, can we confirm:

-- You tried to get your modded Wii repaired by Nintendo Italy;

-- You refused to pay the €180 repair fee they quoted you (presumably because your system was modified);

-- You then bought a new system without checking the terms of your licences to see if you could transfer them to the new system;

-- You then threw out your old Wii before trying to negotiate with Nintendo to transfer the licence tickets from your dud system to your new one, and you're now pitching a fit here because of your own stupidity.

Does that about sum it up?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
dovella said:
Where is a problem? I want pay to change DVD, and DVD cost 180 € ? NO.

Ok no problem Nintendo i buy a new Wii but..... where is my Game?

(i have Mod old console only for Play Tatsunoke vs Capcom Japanese version and with new Firmware , Japan game not work )
had you sent both consoles to Nintendo they would have transferred the games for you. Had you sent just your OLD console to Nintendo, they would have repaired it. Had you done ANYTHING ELSE but buy a new system and throw your old one in the garbage you would still have your games. You are EPIC #FAIL 100%!

dovella

Grooveraider said:
I'm sorry but you seem like a moron. You should've sent your Wii to Nintendo for
repairs. Unless you bricked your system while trying to mod it :lol
Don't blame Nintendo because of your fuck ups. And as for Microsoft -- the 360
is ALWAYS breaking down so I expect them to give you instant details :lol

No no, no bricked
My little son broke the mechanics because inserting a DVD disc to the contrary in Wii.

Cosmonaut X said:

-- You refused to pay the €180 repair fee they quoted you (presumably because your system was modified);

-- You then bought a new system without checking the terms of your licences to see if you could transfer them to the new system;

-- Now you find you can't, you're pitching a fit here rather than trying to negotiate with Nintendo to transfer the licence tickets from your dud system to your new one.

You forgot the part where he threw out the old Wii.

dovella

borghe said:
had you sent both consoles to Nintendo they would have transferred the games for you. Had you sent just your OLD console to Nintendo, they would have repaired it. Had you done ANYTHING ELSE but buy a new system and throw your old one in the garbage you would still have your games. You are EPIC #FAIL 100%!

Hey guy, i want only my Wii Shop Game.

STOP

borghe

dovella said:

STOP
I am not being mean. I am telling you that you ended up doing the only thing you could have to not get your games. There were two other options you had to get your games back and by throwing your Wii in the garbage you magically managed to find the only option available that ensures you won't get your games back. I am sorry, but this is your fault, not Nintendo's.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This seems like one of those cases where shitty business practices meet guy who does every single thing wrong - similar to the 'I let my credit card expire and now live support sucks' threads.

dovella said:

STOP
Complaining on the internet won't help. Best thing to do at this point would be to call them and complain and demand and *DEMAND* supervisors until you get someone who has the authority to do a license transfer whether it's allowed by their normal policy or not.

borghe

poppabk said:
This seems like one of those cases where shitty business practices meet guy who does every single thing wrong - similar to the 'I let my credit card expire and now live support sucks' threads.
uggghhhh... yeah, I learned this one first hand.. :(

bmf said:
Complaining on the internet won't help. Best thing to do at this point would be to call them and complain and demand and *DEMAND* supervisors until you get someone who has the authority to do a license transfer whether it's allowed by their normal policy or not.
will not work. The number of cases where Nintendo has transferred the licenses without having both consoles in hand are few and far between. Yeah there's a chance, just like there's a chance in the lottery.

dovella

bmf said:

true

HUELEN10

bmf said:
Also OP, keep in mind that any help they provide for you at thispoint would be a FAVOR, since you threw away your old one. I would not sound demanding at all. You are literally at their mercy, because this is not their fault. Demand, but be humble too. It might increase your chances of getting this problem solved.

Somnid

Even after this amount of user failure, he can still probably transfer. Nintendo needs the serial number which since dovella has registered on Club Nintendo it should still be there. Since it seems Nintendo Italy is letting people transfer games to new Wiis all he needs to do is give them the serial numbers and the reciept.

poppabk said:
Not to defend the guy, but the way that Nintendo links downloads to consoles rather than to accounts was poorly thought out. Hopefully they rectify this in the future. It's not like their current system does anything to prevent piracy.

This could probably have all been avoided with a small bit of forethought on Nintendo's part, though.

Not that I'm defending the OP, he's clearly an idiot, more just venting that the online accounts tied to singular systems thing is stupid.

edit: bmf is me two minutes in to the future

HUELEN10 said:
It doesn't even do a good job of that. (Euro-centric here details may differ in other regions) You'd think when you link the Wii Shop to Club Nintendo the history of that Wii Shop account would appear in the Club Nintendo account. It doesn't, this means all my purchases pre-December 2008 (I had troubles linking my account so linked it then*) don't appear in my Club Nintendo account and there is no way to make them appear (I tried re-downloading but that did nothing).

It isn't a big deal as I don't plan on relying on Club Nintendo account as proof of purchase in any case.

*-Not sure why but I think it was on one the details are is case sensitive and the other it has to be all lower case.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
HUELEN10 said:

not useful? That's how people are able to get their purchases transferred.

HUELEN10 said:
Also OP, keep in mind that any help they provide for you at thispoint would be a FAVOR, since you threw away your old one. I would not sound demanding at all. You are literally at their mercy, because this is not their fault. Demand, but be humble too. It might increase your chances of getting this problem solved.
This. Telephone escalation is a bit of a delicate process. When you discover that someone doesn't have any authority/ability to do what you need, then you demand a supervisor, but when you get to the next person, be courteous until the cycle repeats. Also, remember that having someone on the phone to talk with you costs them money - probably €25-€35 an hour if their support is *in* Europe. At a certain point they may decide that you're not going to stop calling them and that it's cheaper to just give your new console license to the games that are linked in your Nintendo account.

Years ago, I did phone support for dial-up internet service. Our cost to have a customer call in for support *once* was about equal to what they paid for service in a month.

Meier

Does anyone know how this works with the DSi? I need to send mine in and have the FedEx label, but have balked thus far for fear of losing my games if they did replace it. I can email them but was looking for personal experience.

Thanks!

levious said:

Pretty much. I linked up my account on the first night I got my system, way back in 2006, and I've got a record there of every game I've bought since. In the event that I do have to try and get them transferred on to a replacement unit or on to whatever setup Nintendo have for their next home console then I have some kind of proof of purchase.

Of course it's not ideal, but I've seen nothing so far to suggest that - provided you link up your account and don't fuck about with your console - Nintendo won't transfer your tickets and other data to a new unit. They'd better sort it out for next time around though...

ConradCervantes said:
Nintendo are dicks, plain and simple. Hopefully they'll let us transfer our games to the next console; purchasing them again would be ludicrous.
I rather hope they plan ahead for this. If they don't, it would be rather dumb of them, especially now that they have some experience with downloadable titles.

savor100

Cosmonaut X said:

-- You then threw out your old Wii before trying to negotiate with Nintendo to transfer the licence tickets from your dud system to your new one, and you're now pitching a fit here because of your own stupidity.

Pretty much. After reading his posts I don't feel any sympathy for the OP at all.

zigg

Meier said:
Does anyone know how this works with the DSi? I need to send mine in and have the FedEx label, but have balked thus far for fear of losing my games if they did replace it. I can email them but was looking for personal experience.

If they replaced mine, which is due back today, and it's missing games and licenses, I'll let you (and a lot of other people) know.

But as their repair policy has been to move content from one system to another for years now, I'm not concerned.

Somnid

levious said:

From what I understand they just need the serial numbers. It's probably useful to fall back on though as Cosmonaut said it's a type of proof of purchase so at least you know you have something to work with.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Meier said:

Thanks!
Not a guarantee but I believe that Nintendo were able to delete a 'returned' DSiWare game from a mod's DSi remotely, so Nintendo might have improved things for the DS's shop.

HUELEN10

poppabk said:
Not a guarantee but I believe that Nintendo were able to delete a 'returned' DSiWare game from a mod's DSi remotely, so Nintendo might have improved things for the DS's shop.
Aye. Dragona's copy of Base 10 got rid of itself, and her DSi shop account was reimbursed.

donny2112

If only the DVD drive is busted, then the Wii itself works. If the Wii itself works, homebrew can be used to wipe any trace of its existence from the system and put on an official firmware. With an official firmware, you have a DVD-busted Wii that can be sent in to get the data (games and saves) transferred.

OP obviously threw out his old Wii, but wouldn't that situation have worked to avoid any "but you modded your console" problems with Nintendo?

gerg

ShockingAlberto said:
This could probably have all been avoided with a small bit of forethought on Nintendo's part, though.

Not that I'm defending the OP, he's clearly an idiot, more just venting that the online accounts tied to singular systems thing is stupid.

edit: bmf is me two minutes in to the future

Nintendo's online infrastructure is undeniably far far far below the current standards, but in case of genuine fault with the product I don't think it demands all too much on the part of the consumer.

This is all beside the fact that I don't think they should have any duty to fix a modded console.

This is an unfortunate situation... Well, I can't blame him for assuming there would be a straightforward way of transferring licenses, because there really should be. I thought this was a standard across all consoles before reading this thread.

With that said, I'd certainly make sure before buying a new console and tossing the old one away. Oh well... Hope things work out for you.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So let me get this straight :

You.. throw... your Wii... in the garbage.

You want a new Wii with all your precious Wiiware games.

BUT, Because you threw your Wii away, Nintendo have 0, zero, proof that you ever owned a Wii with Wiiware games.

And now... you're saying Nintendo is EPIC FAIL because they won't give you back the games without any proof?

=/

Am i the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? I know he's writing in broken english because he's not good with it, but what he said in this topic makes him looks like an idiot.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So, thread title change as everyone predicted huh?

I guess I misread the op with my previous post, but he still acted the part of the fool.

If the OP has the money to buy a new wii and throw away the old one in the TRASH then he can afford to buy those VC games again, right?

Biggest wow here is that he binned his old system :lol

Vinci

Danish
gerg said:
Nintendo's online infrastructure is undeniably far far far below the current standards, but in case of genuine fault with the product I don't think it demands all too much on the part of the consumer.

Their online system is stupid. 100% accurate description. And then there's throwing away your old system... which might be equally, if not more, stupid than their online system.

dovella

Bisnic said:
So let me get this straight :

You.. throw... your Wii... in the garbage.

You want a new Wii with all your precious Wiiware games.

BUT, Because you threw your Wii away, Nintendo have 0, zero, proof that you ever owned a Wii with Wiiware games.

And now... you're saying Nintendo is EPIC FAIL because they won't give you back the games without any proof?

=/

Am i the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? I know he's writing in broken english because he's not good with it, but what he said in this topic makes him looks like an idiot.

I found and sent the serial code of my old Nintendo Wii (in Old Email from Customer Service) .
And despite everything, I had no guarantee from Nintendo for the transfer of Wiishop game.

The Nintendo disclaimer not provide in any way the transition between an old game console to a new one.

Top Bottom