• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OKAMI 2 IS HAPPENING!!!!!!

Psajdak

Banned
One of most overrated games ever made.
IMO, Okami was very interesting, took so much inspiration from Japanese folklore, artistically beautiful, but eventually just became a chore.
It was way too long, and those squeaky voices didn't help either.

Actually, I am not sure how to feel exactly about Okami...
It is definitely an experience, and playing as god wolf Amaterasu is cool, I guess.

I do think that there is so much wonderful fanart related to it.

Maybe my opinion would change for better if I replayed it nowadays.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I really think that this game shouldn't have a[nother] sequel, but fuck it, it's Kamyia again

Naibel

I liked the original game a lot thanks to its gorgeous art direction and soundtrack, but it certainly did overstay its welcome. Especially once you reach that snowy region. What a bore that was.

I have yet to play Okamiden. Maybe I would like it more, with its smaller scale and all.

I'm not holding my breath for a new Okami though. They have yet to release Bayonetta 3 so I'm gonna wait for that first.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

Hard to tell if that short snippet is just a joke, but man, would love to see the original guys work on a new Okami game.

Aggelos

Revive this.

Tell Capcom that we want a Dino Crisis series reboot via their official twitter account : Capcom Development Division 1. They're the people who made RE Revelations 2, RE7, RE2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5 (just to name a few of their recent works). In December 2017 when Jawmuncher, a long-lasting champion of the Dino Crisis series, asked Capcom Dev Division 1 about the possibility of seeing a new Dino Crisis anytime soon, they replied the following :

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Tell Capcom that we want a Dino Crisis series reboot via their official twitter account : Capcom Development Division 1. They're the people who made RE Revelations 2, RE7, RE2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5 (just to name a few of their recent works). In December 2017 when Jawmuncher, a long-lasting champion of the Dino Crisis series, asked Capcom Dev Division 1 about the possibility of seeing a new Dino Crisis anytime soon, they replied the following :

When capcom... when will be the remake of these games

20859-clock-tower-3-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg
GggKhaI.jpg

Here comes the gut punch. Okami 2 was in development a few years ago, but it was scrapped & probably will never happen because of a soured relationship between certain parties. There was some drama & burned bridges, so it's probably buried and dead unless something changes there.
They were, this was a few years ago, but let's just say Platinum probably never want to work on it again after what went down. I'm sorry to beat around the bush about it, but after some things that happened they probably never want to touch it again.
Kamiya said that he/they wants to work on Okami 2, DMC (0) and Viewtiful Joe so what I've quoted above doesn't make any sense.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member

Are basically any ResetERA mod a bonafide leaker now? I love how nowadays everyone is a leaker and they all feel entitled to throw any BS out there without any source behind.

Essentially the same credibility of a medium.

Anyway if Kamiya isn't involved there is no reason for an Okami 2 to exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caffeine

Are basically any ResetERA mod a bonafide leaker now? I love how nowadays everyone is a leaker and they all feel entitled to throw any BS out there without any source behind.

Essentially the same credibility of a medium.

Anyway if Kamiya isn't involved there is no reason for an Okami 2 to exist.
dusk was a leaker before becoming a mod he knows people who knows people, infact i believe they only asked a bunch of reesetlers to mod while a bunch of staff were leaving the site awhile ago. he hasnt been wrong on the resident evil side of things except for a fixed camera angle which actually was in development but they chose not to include it in remake 2. clearly he wont out his sources.

Last edited:
Ashamed to admit this but I’ve never played Okami

I bought it when Okami HD came to Steam just haven’t gotten around to playing it yet

have to get on it soon

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Nice! I really plug my WiiU and play the first one.

Modern Warfare is so good though and pSO2 next :'(

SALMORE

One of the best things I've played on the PS2 !! Couldn't play Okami-den so I looking forward for a sequel , hopefully the combat is much deeper this time

ethomaz

Banned
What the fuck? Platinum games have bad gameplay now? I get the "they look like PS2 games" angle, but "bad gameplay" is just making shit up.
Platinum gameplay is really average but I know it is overrated here in GAF.

Bayonetta was fine except the Witch Time and the fact Swords can kill everything with hold triangle in sequence makes even the hardest difficult something casual.... Witch Time alone is so easy to use that makes it boring.

Rising was so bad that I could even understand how can you do a gameplay so fucked in a game.

Vanish was the best one from Platinum but still not they perfection praise they got here.

NiER Automata look fine but I never played so they could get the gameplay right in that one.

Plus there so many devs that do action gameplay better than Platinum.

Last edited:
Platinum gameplay is really average but I know it is overrated here in GAF.

Bayonetta was fine except the Witch Time and the fact Swords can kill everything with hold triangle in sequence makes even the hardest difficult something casual.... Witch Time alone is so easy to use that makes it boring.

Rising was so bad that I could even understand how can you do a gameplay so fucked in a game.

Vanish was the best one from Platinum but still not they perfection praise they got here.

NiER Automata look fine but I never played so they could get the gameplay right in that one.

Well, opinions and shit, I'm going to respect and lament it. However, that Bayonetta take you offered makes me suspect you didn't play the game, at least not in the capacity you mentioned because no fucking way you can beat the hardest difficulty by spamming charge attack.

ethomaz

Banned
Well, opinions and shit, I'm going to respect and lament it. However, that Bayonetta take you offered makes me suspect you didn't play the game, at least not in the capacity you mentioned because no fucking way you can beat the hardest difficulty by spamming charge attack.
Played in all difficulty required to Platinum ;)
So that includes all the challenges, time trials and super combos for all trophies.

I was very specific with Witch Time and Sword that only these that played the game can understand... I discovered how useful the hold triangle sword attack right after I got the first Sword in my first play though... Swords are very late in the game but in the next play thought you came with all weapons since beginning.

Combo to kill any enemy no matter how big in seconds: hold triangle, wait the enemy to enter the range of attack (the range is gigantic with some Swords like the Lightsaber), release triangle and hold again, in near 2 second release and hold it again... repeat until kill (the gold triangle attack with sword is strongest attack in the game and take so much health from enemies... so even the hardest ones can take at max 4-5 sequencial attacks in the hardest difficulty).

I beat the hardest difficulty doing that even on group enemies lol it is a 180 degree attack that hit everything in your front.

Ohhhh equip the Star War Sword (Lightsaber) for max damage but it works with even weaker Swords just needs more hits... the enemy can’t take action against you between the attacks because your Sword attack break defenses and make the enemy without movements enough for the next attack.

Train a bit to get the timing because if you hold triangle too much the enemy recover and hit back... you have 1.5 to 2s to hold and hit again that is time the enemy got stunned... if you don’t miss the timing no enemy in the game will survive more than some hits.

To be fair you don’t need to use it at all... it just make the gameplay easy and faster... with Witch Time you are invincible since beginning of the after all.

Last edited:
He says they were developing it a few years ago yet the tweet in the OP isn't even a year old. Sounds like more bullshit from Dusk.
Yeah, he's probably full of shit because like you said the tweet in the OP is from October last year and just this month Kamiya said P* would like to work on many Capcom's IPs:

half you teens on here dont know what Okami is, you're a disaster. It's a PSP classic about an omnipotent AI aboard a derelict space cruiser (3rd person RPG).

Top Bottom