• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

okami complete works -- the us release

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
THAT SHIT BE COMING OUT TOMORROW

61U3bAIkzpL._AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...09761?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

just yesterday neogaf had a big thread about the artistic status of videogames, all of which was lies about the political resonance of metal gear solid or the likeness of a mario level to a traditional japanese garden or something. LIES. well you know what's actually artistic about videogames? THIS BOOK, MOTHER****ER

BUY IT OR I KILL YOU

edit: well, the release date is nominally tomorrow, but apparently udon delays everything. doh. dave1988 has posted some nice sample pictures if you scroll down a bit

AniHawk

Uggghhh... I don't have $26 to spend on a book. I just spent $35 on a book. Definitely something I'd go for though if I ever saw it around.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i...don't care enough to go looking for pictures. though if somebody else wants to post some, i'll edit them into the original post or whatever. this thread is mainly just to remind people that it's coming out. it was announced ages ago

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
THAT SHIT BE COMING OUT TOMORROW

this book is insane, it's soooooooo nice.

Lol - i ended up buying a fair few of these to send to various peoples around the globe.

$26 sounds a lot, but it really is gorgeous.
I want more books like this.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh wow, I'm definitely picking up a copy of this book. It's amazing (based on the few pictures posted above) how close the in-game models were to the drawings.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Looks like someone was trying to combine childish Amano drawings with Miyazaki's watercolour sketches.

Dazzla

Damn I want this, do Amazon ship to the UK? Or is there any other way to get it into the UK? Seems criminal not to own this.

Edit, ignore that. Completely missed the Amazon UK link.

MrDaravon

God ****ing dammit drohne, this was supposed to be a major surprise for my wife who is a HUGE Okami fan and artist (and browses here) who had NO idea this had a US release. ****.

Also I'm not sure how much faith I would place in this coming out tomorrow; the Rockman Zero Complete Works they link on the same page is listed as coming out July 4th, but they still only have it as up for pre-order.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Is there some translation up in this bitch????!!!

I already own the japanese one :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The Basara 2 complete works book is also **** awesome. That will never come out in the states though :\

Red Scarlet

SailorDaravon said:
God ****ing dammit drohne, this was supposed to be a major surprise for my wife who is a HUGE Okami fan and artist (and browses here) who had NO idea this had a US release. ****.

Also I'm not sure how much faith I would place in this coming out tomorrow; the Rockman Zero Complete Works they link on the same page is listed as coming out July 4th, but they still only have it as up for pre-order.

Your reply in here is more damaging to the surprise!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
stop telling me about these shit-expensive books I want!!! D:

I need money to other things... :(

Udon pushed back till september the mega man zero artbook and they said they will do first the mega man zero artbook and then the okami one, don´t get your hopes high, maybe they pushed back the Okami artbook too.

rockman zx said:
Udon pushed back till september the mega man zero artbook and they said they will do first the mega man zero artbook and then the okami one, don´t get your hopes high, maybe they pushed back the Okami artbook too.

This is published by Udon? Gosh I've been waiting for them to release the Street Fighter Ultimate Edition Volume 1 book for AGES, it has been delayed forever. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0978138600/?tag=neogaf0e-20

:(

Alcibiades

SailorDaravon said:
Only took 25 posts :lol
on the otherhand, what better way to call attention to it?

straight port + this book for $50 SE Wii edition and will you'll see some decent sales...

ChryZ

Finished at 60h, but I took my sweet time to stop and smell the roses. I loved every minute and consider a replay.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Proc said:
So I probably should play this game huh.

Are you a huge tool? Because if you are you'll just come in here and complain about the game being 20 hours too long. If you're not a huge tool then I highly recommend this game as its my personal GOTG.

Proc

Laramie said:
Are you a huge tool? Because if you are you'll just come in here and complain about the game being 20 hours too long. If you're not a huge tool then I highly recommend this game as its my personal GOTG.

Sold!

Umino

Proc said:

I used to work at a Circuit City and that was my line for selling things.

"Are you a huge tool? Because huge tools don't buy protection plans."

Gattsu25

Banned
Icarus said:
Man, that's amazing design. I wish Okami would come to the Wii. :(
The game would instantly stop sucking, where that true

I personally thought the game was great. Hated the 'voice work' though

Umino

Screw Wii, I can play with myself and play Okami at the same time already. I want a nice 720p or 1080p port to 360 or heaven forbid the PS3. And no, upscaling does not count. Also throw in 80 more hours of gameplay and let me play as Shiranui. And more weapons and a dragon.

nategc

Banned
Laramie said:
Screw Wii, I can play with myself and play Okami at the same time already. I want a nice 720p or 1080p port to 360 or heaven forbid the PS3. And no, upscaling does not count. Also throw in 80 more hours of gameplay and let me play as Shiranui. And more weapons and a dragon.

maybe you miss typed.... or i'm miss reading.

either way.....:lol

Sirusjr

Banned
I am so tempted to order this especially at that price. I'll prob order it if i dont end up buying 20 artbooks at comiccon on friday.

Top Bottom