• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD confirmed for North America/Europe as digital download $19.99/£15.99/€19.99

Agent X

Wonder who's in charge for the remaster.

Ready At Dawn did the Wii version and they already remastered a few GOW games didn't they? Perhaps it's them?

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. They have previous experience with both Okami conversions and "HD remasters", so they might be highly qualified for this task.

DeVeAn

Why people care about it being a retail disc I don't get. Retailers around me don't carry many titles to begin with. Okami on disc would bomb why should the waste money on it?

Kyou

The PlayStation.Blog post actually says "Okami HD Coming Exclusively to PS3 With PlayStation Move Support This Fall"

maybe they mean it'll only have move support on the PS3.

Sony has cornered the market on games with Move support you know.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Good. Things like these raise my hopes for a potential release of Viewtiful Joe on PSN

AleeN634

Nice. I really liked the bit I played on PS2 back in the day so I might considering picking it up during a slow period.

Takao

Banned
They shoulda made an Okamiden HD & packaged the two together to get a retail release >.<

They'd have to remake the entire game at that point.

Wait what? IT IS?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's not confirmed either way.

I wonder if there's a chance that Sony ponied up to have one of their partners do the port. All the HD ports of Sony first party material has been pretty spectacular.

Why would Sony do that? Capcom's not exactly best buddies with them.

Tobe

so we got the announcement of ookami hd and that seth killian is leaving capcom on the same day?
damage control?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This is sadly the best thing Capcom has done all year. A Vita port would be great, give us a reason to use that touchscreen for something and not be intrusive.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
TTP, why not assume the studio that did DMC HD is at the wheel? They did a great job btw.

Y2Kev

They should also port Okamiden to 3ds or something so it can have a playable framerate. But omg I am squeeing with joy.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
TTP, why not assume the studio that did DMC HD is at the wheel? They did a great job btw.

Well, in doing Okami Wii Ready At Dawn got their feet wet with motion controls so I assumed they were better suited for implementing Move functionalities.

Y2Kev

Well, in doing Okami Wii Ready At Dawn got their feet wet with motion controls so I assumed they were better suited for implementing Move functionalities.

Well it's not like it's hard, is it? Plus, nobody gives a shit about move except like five people :(

vlcsnap-2012-06-19-20kzui1.png

vlcsnap-2012-06-19-20s9unu.png

vlcsnap-2012-06-19-20inuiy.png

vlcsnap-2012-06-19-20f0u5j.png

vlcsnap-2012-06-19-200r7jd.png

I am about 5 hours into the PS2 version (beat the first dungeon). Do you think I should just stop playing and play the PS3 version when it comes out (I have an enormous backlog) Did you think the PS3 trailer had the same paper filter effect as the PS2?

Edit: Those screens seem to show the same paper effect, looks soooo much clearer

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Should have been $10 like Beyond Good & Evil.
RE4 and RECV HD were discounted to $10 for the first few weeks of release for Plus members. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same here. Capcom seems pretty keen on PS+ promos.
SolidSnakex said:
Hilarious shots
PS2*

*when hooked up to TV coated in a layer of donut frosting, and as viewed through glasses made of Saranwrap.

Top Bottom