• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD confirmed for North America/Europe as digital download $19.99/£15.99/€19.99

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Just got this email:

SAN MATEO, Calif. — June 19, 2012 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that award winning Ōkami® will be re-born this fall as a digital download on PlayStation®Network for $19.99. Already one of the most beautiful games ever created, the addition of HD graphics will make this new version of Ōkami even more stunning. Ōkami® HD will also feature PlayStation®Move integration as well as a full suite of PlayStation®3 system trophies.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Nice, they checked various fan forums to gauge the potential reception, not bad.

Edit: I want to be able to transfer it over to my PSVita.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I bet it doesn't have a Platinum trophy.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-ps3-with-playstation-move-support-this-fall/

7404413550_e988f99318_b.jpg

Oh it does have a Platinum lol

epmode

This one needs a lot of care to get the look just right. I'll wait for impressions.

(I'd just use PCSX but it's missing a few filters)

RPGCrazied

Lame.

How come Capcom can't afford discs? RE4 HD got the same deal. But they released DMC HD on disc. So if its more than one game, it'll get a disc release?

Looks like I'm missing out on another game.

TLDR, quit being cheap and ship out discs Capcom.

Lame.

How come Capcom can't afford discs? RE4 HD got the same deal. But they released DMC HD on disc. So if its more than one game, it'll get a disc release?

Looks like I'm missing out on another game.

TLDR, quit being cheap and ship out discs Capcom.

SCEA won't allow solo HD remasters to be released on disc. And I really doubt Capcom would even be interested in releasing an extremely niche title on a disc. It makes no sense financially.

Curious how 'faithful' this version could look.

Didn't the wii one had to lose some of the effects because it couldn't do something?

Anyhow, I would love to give this game a try again, hopefully it doesn't burn out my eyes like the wii one T_T.

Holy shit, what a price. I hope they don't fuck up the port.
Edit: wow Move support too. Awesome. Why the hell didn't they do this for RE4 HD?

Neiteio

This announcement excited me, until I realized that the first one-third of Okami alone probably takes longer to complete than the entirety of The Wind Waker.

And it's all awesome, too, but yeah... Quite the neverending adventure, this game!

Oh nice, wasn't expecting this. Played a bit of the original release and I liked it well enough, HD should really bring out the art style.

RPGCrazied

SCEA won't allow solo HD remasters to be released on disc. And I really doubt Capcom would even be interested in releasing an extremely niche title on a disc. It makes no sense financially.

Shame. I don't have the biggest hard drive. So when PS2 games get digital releases, the shit adds up fast. I really have no desire to delete games just to make room for it. I guess I'll play the PS2 version I already have.

I would've bought the disc boxed version for $60.

So... does that mean FFX HD will be a digital download? Its just the one game.

Ridley327

There's certainly a lot of game in Okami, so $20 is a solid price.

::prays there isn't a trophy for getting all the beads::

Top Bottom