• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay GAF, what are your best traits?

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Let's spread some positivity!

I know naming positive things about yourself isn't always the easiest (I have especially had trouble with it). I think it's good to find those positive traits about yourself, rather than focusing on the flaws all the time. I have tried to do that more the past couple of years. Don't get me wrong, growing from your flaws is a good thing. Learning from them, and changing. You just can't let them define you.

I'll name a few (because this is hard!)

- I'm a great listener.
You talk to me, and I will focus on you. I never was a big speaker so I learned to listen well, take information in. If my conversation skills were a bit better, I'd be all set.

- I'm very laid back.
I'm one of those types you could drag along, and I would be okay with it. Oh, we are having McDonalds? Cool. We are seeing this Movie? Fine.

- I'm very grateful.
If you buy something for me or do anything for me, I will remember it for a long time. I don't care how small it is. Growing up, my parents never had a lot of money but they always made sure I was supported well. I grew up learning good manners and being thankful for what I have.

Right now I have a potato PC that can't run any games, cheap ass headphones and an outdated monitor, but you know what? It works for me. I'm happy with my set-up, not anything to show off but it's my little corner. I saved up money for ages to get my PS4, and I'm still really thankful to even have that. Everything I have I just cherish, I guess.

c34aabb5ff3a8ccc87f3a5b2e8c2ae1b.png

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Well I’m not self absorbed like the op geez 🙄 ( joking I’m sure you’re a nice person lol )

I’m loyal, creative, always have the good weed.
200.gif

I couldn't be further from that. In fact, I do nothing but point out all the dumb mistakes constantly. Nothing but anxious thoughts.

Those are good traits. I would say I'm loyal as well, still friends with my core group from school. I wish I was creative, but always been terrible at anything like that. I was okay at graphic design on Photoshop. That is about it.

highrider

Banned
200.gif

I couldn't be further from that. In fact, I do nothing but point out all the dumb mistakes constantly. Nothing but anxious thoughts.

Those are good traits. I would say I'm loyal as well, still friends with my core group from school. I wish I was creative, but always been terrible at anything like that. I was okay at graphic design on Photoshop. That is about it.

I was just giving you a hard time lol. And don’t be so hard on yourself, that’s what GAF is for, to remind you of your many failings.. 😞😂

O-N-E

200.gif

Whether you're self-aggrandizing or always thinking about yourself negatively, it's all focused on the self. Too much of that does indeed point to self-absorption.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Whether you're self-aggrandizing or always thinking about yourself negatively, it's all focused on the self. Too much of that does indeed point to self-absorption.
Perhaps I am, then. My anxiety certainly makes me quite self-absorbed I would think. It kind of comes with it. In that I'm constantly thinking about my own feelings and thoughts. Although, I'm not the egotistical type and I definitely care about others. It took me long enough to put myself first, honestly.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I'd say my best trait is not taking life or my conditions too seriously and having a good sense of humor, though that can backfire on forums sometimes!

I'm pretty tolerant and accepting. Would like to think people could tell me anything without fear of a big reaction. I'd rather 'find a way forward' than dwelling on the past or assigning grudges. What's done is done...

I'm very disciplined, if something needs doing that I 'can' do, I'll assign a time and day to do it, or have completed it by, and will stick to that. In busy weeks, I'll write a list to work through.

On the flip side to the above, I tend not to be able to visualize a way through things that I think I 'can't' do...if I can't plan a possible footpath in my head, I won't even attempt the task.

I'm also horribly indecisive, I'll spend weeks researching something, keep changing my mind and never make a decision until it's either too late or I'm forced into going one way or the other. Then I'll get buyers remorse and worry that I've made the wrong decision for weeks or months afterwards!

Lastly, definitely relevant on here, over-sharing and 'talking' about myself too much online...

Halcyon

I'm funny.

I have a quick wit.

I'm a good leader.

I have a very aesthetically pleasing penis.

I know a bunch of magic tricks.

I'm tall and handsome.

I have a thick head of hair.

bitbydeath

Confidence which may verge on the unnatural.
Creativity that at times even surprises me.
Half-Glass Full - Always seeing the brightside/don’t give a fuck attitude

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the only good thing about me is that you'll probably never see me. i hate myself and just avoid people as not to bother them. i'm an asshole so it's just best if i don't interact with people.

this excludes the internet though. i'm sure i piss people off online too. it'd be better for everyone if i got banned. i've gave up on social media mostly. only places i really post online are here and another forum for my favourite football team. i have a reddit/twitter account but don't post on them (only read stuff). i used to post on them but can't be assed with it anymore. deleted my facebook/instagram long ago.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
the only good thing about me is that you'll probably never see me. i hate myself and just avoid people as not to bother them. i'm an asshole so it's just best if i don't interact with people.

this excludes the internet though. i'm sure i piss people off online too. it'd be better for everyone if i got banned. i've gave up on social media mostly. only places i really post online are here and another forum for my favourite football team. i have a reddit/twitter account but don't post on them (only read stuff). i used to post on them but can't be assed with it anymore. deleted my facebook/instagram long ago.
You shouldn't think this way. You can always change and become a better person. I have been in this mindset before, and I would not recommend it, I thought it was best to avoid everyone. I wouldn't worry about what people think of you on the internet too much, as long as you're not being overly hostile for no reason.

Top Bottom