• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grief.exe

I don't think it's true at all, but saying it costs a million dollars to do it is pretty silly. It's an engine they already have, graphics they're already using. They stick to a script and give Geoff the questions to ask. It would be pretty easy for them to do it probably.

Are you kidding?

It cost 150,000 for a skull girls character.

This will have far larger textures
More animations
More voice acting
Complex lighting

This isn't something they could slap together overnight. Getting something to that degree of perfection would take months.

Can we even prove Geoff Keighley isn't CG?

holy shit i just found a real confirmed photo of Geoff:
lawnmowerman.jpg

Watched the video just now.

Why would they be in different places? That's silly.

The screenshot of the whale was neat. I hadn't seen that before.

I would be very surprised if it is FOX engine. Still, the dude looks like a dude.

If that guy is CG, I will have his face as an avatar for a whole year.

I'm excited.

DrBo42

I love that you guys are so enthusiastic about the potential of VFX but we're just not there, not yet. I mean look at that bad Audrey Hepburn commercial, they threw ridiculous amount of money at that and it looks rather fake. Do you really think a developer or publisher would do this for a spot on SpikeTV with the Dorito Pope? Guys? Please...

Kariodude

Banned
Are you kidding?

It cost 150,000 for a skull girls character.

This will have far larger textures
More animations
More voice acting
Complex lighting

This isn't something they could slap together overnight. Getting something to that degree of perfection would take months.

Um, are we talking about the same thing? I'm just talking about the interview. You're making this sound like way more work than it is. If they already have the graphics, the engine, the lighting effects. Then they take all that stuff that they already have, they record a few simple lines of voice acting, then they put it together. You honestly think that would cost a million dollars?

waypoetic

Banned
The press is gonna love this thread.

And that's not CG. And when did Joakim become "Juaquin"? And why does he talk like he's from Norway? Lol.

Salsa

Um, are we talking about the same thing? I'm just talking about the interview. You're making this sound like way more work than it is. If they already have the graphics, the engine, the lighting effects. Then they take all that stuff that they already have, they record a few simple lines of voice acting, then they put it together. You honestly think that would cost a million dollars?

I dont understand

do you think games are cheap after you build the tools for them or something?

you seem to think that having an engine is the only part of game development that costs money

DrBo42

My blood pressure. "They already have the graphics" Do you see a single character in the trailers running FOX Engine with comparable textures? The answer is no. You're also forgetting animation, nothing Kojima has comes close to a real human.

Darryl

Banned

this isn't what your PS4 games are gonna look like, don't get your hopes up.

MormaPope

Banned
This isn't based around if it's CG or not, but why do Mogren's lips look extremely puffy when compared to that pic Geoff posted? It's not even the coloring, looks like the dude's lip was stung by bees.

Grief.exe

You either have no idea what you are talking about or are not realizing just how much work would go into something like this.

'They already have the graphics.' That made me laugh.

Dawg

This isn't based around if it's CG or not, but why do Mogren's lips look extremely puffy when compared to that pic Geoff posted? It's not even the coloring, looks like the dude's lip was stung by bees.

because he's a god damn human with imperfections like everyone else I tell ye!

waypoetic

Banned
I bet he's an american and it's all a ruse. Fucking ridiculous how he confirms questions with "jah" - been watching too many GERMAN films have we bandage-head?

Swedish? Bullshit.

Kariodude

Banned
Wait, that idea is ridiculous but the idea that their in-game engine assets could be used to create something like this isn't?

No, that's ridiculous too. I never said Joakim was CG or that there is even a possibility of him being CG. I only said that if it were possible for him to be CG, it wouldn't cost a million dollars to do this short interview.

I noticed that, too.
Maybe it's the bandages, as they make his mouth and eyes the center of attention.
Or maybe the guy has big lips. Eh.

Or maybe he actually is CG. I mean, I'm CG now.
I'm a goddamn penguin.

MormaPope

Banned
I noticed that, too.
Maybe it's the bandages, as they make his mouth and eyes the center of attention.
Or maybe the guy has big lips. Eh.

Or maybe he actually is CG. I mean, I'm CG now.
I'm a goddamn penguin.

You can be anything with computers. Geoff Keighley became a computer even.

Bedlam

I'm going to put my previous reply here.

Sure, they covered most of his head up... But the mouth and the eyes are always a very difficult part to cover up with cg and there are details in his face that cg would easily miss.

Look at this bigger image for example. There's a lot of details in his face that cg would miss. The small red dot under his lips for example. And the cracks in his lips because they're dry.
It's not even the face parts that let me doubt that this is cgi. It's the lighting on the bandages. It looks a bit too real.

Still, I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Don't think he was CG, but I'm not sure he and Geoff actually met at all. Think they filmed in separate locations and spliced it together. It is a bit stilted and weird.

Top Bottom