• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sorian

Banned
This is why I still hold that this could be true. It was odd to pick GDC as the place to fully unveil the game and its "secrets", no? Normally Kojima would just hold off until E3.

Joakim is a fake dude so I fully expect that he lied. The only thing being revealed at GDC will be the extent that the fox engine has grown (which makes sense for the game developers confrence).

Edit: Hah oops, double post. My fault for not just doing an edit above.

BELIEVE TEAMCG!

untitled-1dpsgs.gif

Here's what I hate most about this viral bollocks: that Ground Zeroes demo looked SO GOOD. And now we've gotta go through some horseshit goose chase before we get to see more of that.

Dahbomb

It's obviously going to make the person focus on the nose being weird and condition the answer
That's pretty much exactly what is happening in this thread anyway just replace weird nose with CG or not.

I really hope this thread gets archived or someone saves it for future posterity.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oh, we're actually gonna see more of Ground Zeroes at GDC? OK, good. I knew they had something for GDC but I didn't know it was actually GZ.

Kojima's presentation is called Photorealism and Fox Engine Workflow in MGS: Ground Zeroes. It's 90 minutes and will be livestreamed. I think the title of his presentation is what's feeding a lot of the CG Mogren fires.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Kojima's presentation is called Photorealism and Fox Engine Workflow in MGS: Ground Zeroes. It's 90 minutes and will be livestreamed. I think the title of his presentation is what's feeding a lot of the CG Mogren fires.

geoff can go to Dice in Sweden for interviews but cant be in the same room with the "actor" that Konami(fox engine) hired??

if only we could bet money. can we set this up somewhere?

abasm

Facial motion capture is already there. Modeling and materials are already there. I'm not sure why people seem to be insisting that they aren't. It's certainly possible, and would go down in history if it were the case.

genjiZERO

All the things you mentioned can be explained by it more likely to be a fake interview. It's a PR stunt in the vein of a hammy pseudo-interview, complete with exaggerated acting and accent. It's perfectly in line with the whole fake CEO, fake company, and bandaged man that Kojima's marketing team has done so far, not to mention Kojima's history for crazy antics. That's why it's so "off". It's meant to be off.

Yeah I agree, but I think it's "odd" looking at the same time.

moolhy

Banned
I am talking about the bridge (is it called that in english?), the part of the nose that is between the eyes. It looks unnatural to me, and when I asked my GF that was the first thing she noticed too.

I think that's just the bandage pulling the nose down. My brother and I used to make faces at each other when we were little pressed up against the car window, and it's the same stretched "blocky" look.

Sorian

Banned
Dunno if you're joking but that's exactly what I mean.

It's obviously going to make the person focus on the nose being weird and condition the answer.

I was joking. To be fair though, my GF was watching the interview with me before I even saw this thread (both our first times seeing it) and she felt he was off the entire time too.

Edit:

Are people finally jumping the CG ship? If so, welcome to sanity land. It took you freaking long...

I will either go down with this ship or go down in history as a member of this crew. Either way, someone should archive this post for posterity!

geoff can go to Dice in Sweden for interviews but cant be in the same room with the "actor" that Konami(fox engine) hired??

I'd be willing to put down cash on it. How about loser buys Bioshock Infinite to the winner on Steam, I wouldn't mind cutting the wait for it to hit $20.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
uh.. that's running on current gen console specs. And looks better than 90% of games currently out. Don't worry about the fire, I'm sure those are really early screens. Can't wait to see how the fox engine looks like on the ps4.

I want a PS4 version so fucking bad.

I remember Kojima was lamenting not being able to tesselate the rear view mirrors on the jeep in the trailer :lol

Gui_PT

I was joking. To be fair though, my GF was watching the interview with me before I even saw this thread (both our first times seeing it) and she felt he was off the entire time too.

She was actually turned on by him and didn't want you to know

PSYGN

The bandages wrapped tightly around his eyes could be one reason why the skin around them doesn't move as naturally.

It's a completely bandaged man with a possibly fake Hollywood-style accent on a (hammy) video game interview. Anyone would feel off by it. The only difference is that you guys are attaching things that aren't there, mainly due to a rumour coming from /v/, of all places.

Sorian

Banned
It's a completely bandaged man with a possibly fake Hollywood-style accent on a (hammy) video game interview. Anyone would feel off by it. The only difference is that you guys are attaching things that aren't there, mainly due to a rumour coming from /v/, of all places.

We are both video game junkies, the bandaged man with terrible acting wasn't what made us feel off. What made us feel off was that the interview obviously had two people who were not in the same room when one of the people flies all around the world on a weekly basis to have 10 minute interviews with different game studios.

genjiZERO

It's more than that - the eyes look reptilian......

THE:MILKMAN

This is what is so frustratingly weird about all this. It is fair to say most in this thread except the interview was a setup to the point that they weren't in the same room. And Geoff's whole introduction to the interview was done with barely contained laughter/ridicule.

My question would be, what would be the point of hiring a actor to then not even be seen in the same room together during the "interview" with Geoff?

And both Geoff and the other producer of GTTV on twitter haven't exactly ripped apart the discussion about this. At the very least they are playing along with it even if it turns out it is crazy talk about it being CG.

abrack08

This is what is so frustratingly weird about all this. It is fair to say most in this thread except the interview was a setup to the point that they weren't in the same room. And Geoff's whole introduction to the interview was done with barely contained laughter/ridicule.

My question would be, what would be the point of hiring a actor to then not even be seen in the same room together during the "interviewed" with Geoff?

And both Geoff and the other producer of GTTV on twitter haven't exactly ripped apart the discussion about this. At the very least they are playing along with it even if it turns out it is crazy talk about it being CG.

Serious question? The actor was hired to be in the prerecorded interview. What part of Geoff not being there points to it NOT being an actor? They still need someone unrecognized and "Swedish" to talk in front of a camera.

Sorian

Banned
Serious question? The actor was hired to be in the prerecorded interview. What part of Geoff not being there points to it NOT being an actor? They still need someone unrecognized and "Swedish" to talk in front of a camera.

If they just needed someone unrecognized and "Swedish," why not Not Kojima?

not-kojima.png

I really feel sorry for the guy now. Even with his face covered, people are comparing him to a lizard. He's probably sobbing right now, regretting ever meeting Kojima.

Knight77

I really hope that it was CG otherwise that interview would be just...useless and quite ridiculous even for the "prank-standard" of Kojima LOL

By the way joined the "bandage avatar" trend!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I really hope that it was CG otherwise that interview would be just...useless and quite ridiculous even for the "prank-standard" of Kojima LOL

Why? it gets people excited for GDC and talking about the game again

Makai

My question would be, what would be the point of hiring a actor to then not even be seen in the same room together during the "interview" with Geoff?

Why would they NOT want to keep this going?

Batzi

Banned

By the way joined the "bandage avatar" trend!

The fact they revealed and confirmed that The Phantom Pain was running on the FOX Engine answered a lot of the questions surrounding the identity of the game and its origin. I think even though short, that interview was enough for me to get me excited for GDC even more. Kojima will finally reveal it and confirm the final title. But I still think that The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are 2 separate games.

Guiberu

I've looked at the HD bits and bobs now too.

I'm still confident he's not entirely "real".

When you remove the flesh areas of his face and focus entirely on the bandages; the lighting, the "texture". It looks like a rendered object.

It's possible to reconstruct a basic facial structure from the shadowing of areas on the bandages. Perhaps doing this would lead to finding out if there's a recognizable face / actor / person beneath?

Top Bottom