• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

gogojira

Here you go.

joakim_mind_blowny7zqt.gif

OK, this thread is incredibly dumb but this gif is hilarious.

Reallink

This reminds me of Killzone 2 reveal where that leaked screenshot was theorized to be a picture/poster on the wall in the game world.

Quackula

Holy crap we can't even do CG that looks that real using $10,000 workstations rendering one frame every six hours. You people are nuts if you think we're anywhere close to something that real looking with consumer level tech in real time.

Barryman

Holy crap we can't even do CG that looks that real using $10,000 workstations rendering one frame every six hours. You people are nuts if you think we're anywhere close to something that real using real time tech.

this is why we need a TeamHYBRID. Some of the images look amazing, some don't. I'm theorizing that one of the gifs in the OP is CG and one is real.

The Fox engine doesn't even look remotely that good in any of the other videos or screenshots we've seen. I wish it was CG but it's not.

People are saying that the engine that did this in 2012:

mgs-groundzeroes-footage.jpg

is gonna do a 3 minute interview with some uber-realistic looking CG guy less than 1 year later?

There are plenty of suspicious things in the interview. Can't get a good look at his face. Lighting/location is clearly different than the interviewer.

This theory is like one of those dumb movie theories, like Ferris in Ferris Beuler's Day Off doesn't really exist.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The loser (TeamCG) must use Joakim Mogren as an avatar for a whole month.

and i mean the Kojima one, with a wig and shit.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Fox engine doesn't even look remotely that good in any of the other videos or screenshots we've seen. I wish it was CG but it's not.

is gonna do a 3 minute interview some uber-realistic looking CG guy less than 1 year later?

People have too much time on their hands.

5c4O7Yt.jpg

oqzPbUW.png

Same engine, different hardware specs and target.

TheSeks

Isn't there a Kojima Productions LA now? The way I see it: "Morgen" is the director of "Phantom Pain"/MGS5 with Kojima in the "director" side-car chair. Kojima has stated in the past that he wanted to have a lesser role in future titles and gave Kojima Productions Japan full-reign to do Metal Gear Raiden, but they failed on that so he outsourced to Platinum since he thought they'd knock it out of the park (and they did).

I'm thinking he's thinking a western touch like Ryan Payton doing some consulting during MGS4 will help his Japan team or whatever. But that'd be pretty badshit mental to do for "MGS5." If related.

TheSeks

I love how I've whittled this conversation down to what Mogren is about now since "Joakim" rearranged to Kojima easy.

awa64

Banned

is gonna do a 3 minute interview with some uber-realistic looking CG guy less than 1 year later?

A lot can happen in seven months when it comes to performance and quality optimization.

Also, the lighting circumstances in the Ground Zeroes trailer was a deliberately obnoxious one--harsh lighting effects including flood lights and lightning, not to mention how everything being wet changes how it "should" look.

My theory is that the head is real, but the BODY is CG. Notice that they didn't show the body at all in the interview? That's because it's CG. Also, his hair is CG. His legs are CG. His hands are CG. His penis is real. And all his clothes are CG too.

Desty

Banned
I'm going with team real. Otherwise Kojima has spent Benjamin Button levels of money on an interview with GTTV which sounds like a horrible waste.

Beren

I think all of them are in-engine shots.

:O
Wow, now i am really excited for next gen! a horsey like that omg O.O , i swear to protect all chairs and tables if they look like that i would even play a "chair kingdom RPG" i shall travel with my horsey and defeat all the evil tables!

Sorry i got my mind blown :3

Holy ***** D:

Top Bottom