• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr Dogg

Has anyone considered with all this is it real is it CG back and forth, which is quite similar to some Blade Runner, Replicant obliviousness that The Phantom Pain might actually be the return of Snatcher? Oh that would be to good to be true. Joakim doesn't know he's CG because of the implanted memories!

Like, hey guys, I say guys! My long lost great-uncle has bequeathed me an inheritance of $50 billion! There's a condition, though. I have to amass $2 million to prove to the lawyers that I have the business acumen to invest it properly!

So, like, guys! If you can donate to me a minimum of $10,000 via my PayPal account, I'll be sure to give it all back a hundredfold! Trust me, guys, this is real!

Makai

Has anyone considered with all this is it real is it CG back and forth, which is quite similar to some Blade Runner, Replicant obliviousness that The Phantom Pain might actually be the return of Snatcher? Oh that would be to good to be true. Joakim doesn't know he's CG because of the implanted memories!
It would be quite the twist that the man beneath the bandages is NOT Big Boss

So whats Snake doing in the trailer then?

Makai

Like, hey guys, I say guys! My long lost great-uncle has bequeathed me an inheritance of $50 billion! There's a condition, though. I have to amass $2 million to prove to the lawyers that I have the business acumen to invest it properly!

So, like, guys! If you can donate to me a minimum of $10,000 via my PayPal account, I'll be sure to give it all back a hundredfold! Trust me, guys, this is real!

You're mixing your metaphors. We of #teamCG aren't so easily fooled by the scam that Joakim is a real person. ;)

KlotePino

He's gotta be real, there's just no way that somehow Fox engine is that good at rendering and animating faces. Either it's real or Kojima is a timetraveller, I suppose it would explain his eccentric personality.

KiNeSiS

Banned
WOW! Everytime I post from my PS3 I have the same people believeing this is CGI calling me retarded.
It's clearly a dude with bandages on his face, even a "retard" like me can see that.
Even Ray Charles corpse can see that this is a human being.

Dr Dogg

So whats Snake doing in the trailer then?

Well seeing this has already gone crazy here goes. What if Snake and Gillian were one and the same? At the end of Snatcher you find out roughly why Gillian had amnesia but what if the whole Snake persona was kind of some Doug Quiad, Total Recall nonsense. Plus there was that scene in MGS4 that was very suspicious...
QhKjBmb.jpg

Goon Boon

Banned

Obviously a timeline split, Revengeance is in the future where each god damn cyborg is able to do some badass shit, while Snatcher is closer to what we perceive as reality.

MormaPope

Banned
WOW! Everytime I post from my PS3 I have the same people believeing this is CGI calling me retarded.
It's clearly a dude with bandages on his face, even a "retard" like me can see that.

They are not part of TeamCG, we don't treat non believers that way.

I'm team CG and I can admit we're the retarded ones. Retarded for Kojima.

#teamCG

People would've dug up info about him by now if he were real.

How about Joakim Mogren is a fake persona? That that person is just an actor? And that Moby Dick Studios is just a fake company?

All these just to add to the craziness Kojima is known for, just to promote this game.

None of those entail that the guy in the interview has to be CG.

Well seeing this has already gone crazy here goes. What if Snake and Gillian were one and the same? At the end of Snatcher you find out roughly why Gillian had amnesia but what if the whole Snake persona was kind of some Doug Quiad, Total Recall nonsense. Plus there was that scene in MGS4 that was very suspicious...

Well i didnt play Snatcher yet :(

So i found the wiki page for it:

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Snatcher

There are a lot of ties to the Metal Gear universe. One cast member was actualy part of FOXHOUND. Well anything is possible at this point :D

Persona86

Banned
He's gotta be real, there's just no way that somehow Fox engine is that good at rendering and animating faces. Either it's real or Kojima is a timetraveller, I suppose it would explain his eccentric personality.

BUT HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?

Nanomachines, son.

Persona86

Banned

I don't recall hearing anything about Snake's early years/childhood, am I missing something? I haven't played Metal Gear.

moniker

I can sort of understand how you could think it's CG if looking at a heavily compressed, low res YouTube video (due to the weirdness of it all), but the HD gifs clearly show that it isn't CG.

Jac_Solar

YES. YES. LET'S GET CRAZY.

Dr.Acula

Banned
You're in luck, guess what Kojima has in mind for part of his GDC session?

More details here: http://www.gdconf.com/news/kojima_giving_gdc_2013_talk_to.html

In the session entitled 'Photorealism through the eyes of a 'Fox' - The core of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes' (Presented by Kojima Productions),' he and his staff will share the key components and unique methods used to create the visuals seen in Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes.

Demonstrations during the tech-focused sponsored talk will center around the FOX Engine lighting system, character realism, environmental changes, graphics techniques and explanations, and the FOX Engine tools.

Bake him away, toys, we're done here, everyone swallow their pills.

I'm too afraid to commit to either team :(

Ah, thanks. According to some articles on Google search from 2 months ago or so, the Techno Viking is suing the video maker. The video maker will have to remove all content from the net, or face jail time.

http://www.dailydot.com/news/technoviking-german-lawsuit-matthias-fritsch/

Joe Roegan once said that trying to remove something from the Internet was like trying to remove piss from a swimming pool.

Also, how do you sue someone for filming a parade?

Here you go.

joakim_mind_blowny7zqt.gif

Wow, reposted for LTTP

KiNeSiS

Banned
KOJIMA # 1
KOJI PRO & FOX ENGINE # 1

#RETARDED4KOJIMA

I would say Konami is one of my all time favorite developers. Besides the superb MGS IV their output this gen Has been weak. MGS Rising is super dope, it just doesn't count in my book since it was outsourced.
Konami really fucked up, they really should have let development for 6DiF continue.
It would have gotten all the praise that SO-TL recieved. It was much rawer.

MNC

I'm going to put my previous reply here.

Sure, they covered most of his head up... But the mouth and the eyes are always a very difficult part to cover up with cg and there are details in his face that cg would easily miss.

Look at this bigger image for example. There's a lot of details in his face that cg would miss. The small red dot under his lips for example. And the cracks in his lips because they're dry.

Much better quality. The YouTube link made me think he was a FLOATING HEAD

No. You're underestimating Kojimas reverence for filmakers. Just as Snake was based on Kurt Russell's character in Escape From NY, Moby Dick studios is a reference to Melville. Melville was also a big influence on Mamoru Oshii the guy who directed Ghost in the Shell and Patlabor.

i know kojima loves cinema so you could be right.
but i dont think a whale in the trailer and on the logo of a studio named moby dick is pure coincidence and has nothing to do with the book

Edit: also Moby Dick (the book) is one of the first books that evoked phantom limb pain

"A dismasted man never entirely loses the feeling of his old spar. . . And I still feel the smart of my crushed leg, though it be now so long dissolved"

I love Kojima but, seriously... I just can't. At best, the interview might be mixing footage of a real guy with a FOX Engine rendered guy, or it might be real image manipulated digitally, but that's as far as I'll believe.

EDIT:

Remember, #TeamHybrid and #TeamMixed are still in #TeamCG. Vote accordingly.

Oh. Okay then.

QiBRRhl.png
it is, but I'm still leaning towards the footage being mostly of a real dude. :p

YES. YES. LET'S GET CRAZY.

So the Phantom Pain aka Metal Gear Solid V is actualy a Snatcher remake. With a new stealth approach for the series and detective work and life like realistic facial animations. Featuring Liquid Snake with fake memory implants (the trailer) and it takes place after the Shadow Moses incident.

vio

Are you saying it's not CG?

Also I think this thread is great.

You say it is? How much time do you think would be needed to make most realistic (100% realistic character in this case) like this? You think Kojima team went and made this in day or 2? Just to mess with people?

Kyoufu

You say it is? How much time do you think would be needed to make most realistic (100% realistic character in this case) like this? You think Kojima team went and made this in day or 2? Just to mess with people?

I think he used assets made for his game as promotional material.

He's bigging up FOX Engine's capability of photo-realism so we'll see what happens at GDC.

Shiloa

QiBRRhl.png

To me, it looks obviously CG. If it turns out to not be CG, they must have lots of makeup on the guy or something because it's all too weird looking.

vio

Well i don`t mind quality better than cinema has to offer. But i just don`t see it. You are expecting that Fox Engine is doing what ILM, WETA, and my many more trying to achieve since decades.

Top Bottom