• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The fact they revealed and confirmed that The Phantom Pain was running on the FOX Engine answered a lot of the questions surrounding the identity of the game and its origin. I think even though short, that interview was enough for me to get me excited for GDC even more. Kojima will finally reveal it and confirm the final title. But I still think that The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are 2 separate games.

If we go with the conclusion that Phantom Pain is MGS5, I'd find it hard to believe that Kojima would develop 2 big entries in the series at the same time.

I've looked at the HD bits and bobs now too.

I'm still confident he's not entirely "real".

When you remove the flesh areas of his face and focus entirely on the bandages; the lighting, the "texture". It looks like a rendered object.

It's possible to reconstruct a basic facial structure from the shadowing of areas on the bandages. Perhaps doing this would lead to finding out if there's a recognizable face / actor / person beneath?

I swear.. some of you guys. Geez.

THE:MILKMAN

Serious question? The actor was hired to be in the prerecorded interview. What part of Geoff not being there points to it NOT being an actor? They still need someone unrecognized and "Swedish" to talk in front of a camera.

Not saying a actor wasn't used....I'd try and explain myself more clearly but lets wait to see what happens at GDC. What time/date is the Kojima livestream?

Guiberu

I swear.. some of you guys. Geez.

7YNfbcl.png

Maaseru

Banned
Man this has gotten out of hand. I reminds a lot about religion.

For ex:
A man does something good/different for us (Kojima/Jesus? omg lol) and then after seeing the fact we focus on the wrong thing (CG or not/ focusing on Jesus crucified suffering as a symbol instead of what he said). Then we start arguing and taking sides about what is right or wrong(history lol).

If all goes as it's supposed to Kojima will never ever, NEVER EVER?, yes he will never ever reveal the truth and only troll us some more.

And if for some reason Joakim is completly a CG creation then does this prove everything in religion is the truth ( as a parallel) and what will #TeamReal do? Nothing I guess proving them wrong only means we'll get an awesome game. I bet even if #TeamCG is proven wrong they will not accept it haha

Also when are things going to escalate, if they haven't already, into insults and beliefs etc about a "CG" creation. We missed the point of the viral stuff I think and although it was fun it has become sad for me. I mean some of the arguments are out there worse than some of the worse Conspiracy Theories I have read.

Batzi

Banned
Kojima just tweeted something interesting he tweeted a picture of Bruce Willis and said

Google Translate
Now, in the process of production on "FOX Engine", has a (will be presented at GDC) challenge there. And to express the real people "look like alive" that "resemble the person" is what made ​​wax dolls, Noto, on the CG, there should be very similar.

here's the pic
BFifpd0CIAAT9qM.jpg:large

duckroll

If we go with the conclusion that Phantom Pain is MGS5, I'd find it hard to believe that Kojima would develop 2 big entries in the series at the same time.

There are two possibilities I think:

a) Ground Zeroes is the prologue mission(s) in MGS5, and also serves as a playable demo for MGS5. Kinda like Tanker in MGS2 and Virtuous Mission in MGS3.

b) MGS5 is a much bigger game and won't be coming out for 2-3 years. Ground Zeroes is a smaller and more modular experiment created as a sort of prologue-game to MGS5, like GT5 Prologue. It will be released later this year, and is meant to be very replayable, with a mix of free and paid DLC content being added post-release eventually leading up to MGS5.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

a) Ground Zeroes is the prologue mission(s) in MGS5, and also serves as a playable demo for MGS5. Kinda like Tanker in MGS2 and Virtuous Mission in MGS3.

b) MGS5 is a much bigger game and won't be coming out for 2-3 years. Ground Zeroes is a smaller and more modular experiment created as a sort of prologue-game to MGS5, like GT5 Prologue. It will be released later this year, and is meant to be very replayable, with a mix of free and paid DLC content being added post-release eventually leading up to MGS5.

Ah yeah. Those two possibilities actually make sense. Although it would be weird to start hyping both right now if only one is releasing somewhat soon. Then again... its Kojima we are talking about here.

duckroll

Ah yeah. Those two possibilities actually make sense. Although it would be weird to start hyping both right now if only one is releasing somewhat soon. Then again... its Kojima we are talking about here.

I don't think they're really "hyping" both. What I see out of this entire troll is that Kojima is hyping up the Fox Engine, which is something which benefits not just Kojima Productions, but Konami at large as well. I think all the trolling is really stupid personally, and I'm glad it's going to be over after GDC. :p

Sorian

Banned

For ex:
A man does something good/different for us (Kojima/Jesus? omg lol) and then after seeing the fact we focus on the wrong thing (CG or not/ focusing on Jesus crucified suffering as a symbol instead of what he said). Then we start arguing and taking sides about what is right or wrong(history lol).

If all goes as it's supposed to Kojima will never ever, NEVER EVER?, yes he will never ever reveal the truth and only troll us some more.

And if for some reason Joakim is completly a CG creation then does this prove everything in religion is the truth ( as a parallel) and what will #TeamReal do? Nothing I guess proving them wrong only means we'll get an awesome game. I bet even if #TeamCG is proven wrong they will not accept it haha

Also when are things going to escalate, if they haven't already, into insults and beliefs etc about a "CG" creation. We missed the point of the viral stuff I think and although it was fun it has become sad for me. I mean some of the arguments are out there worse than some of the worse Conspiracy Theories I have read.

Your analogy is kind of silly. Most of us are having fun in here at this point and I don't think either #team will really be that heartbroken if they are wrong.

Bans for all the team members of the losing side!

Toma

I don't think they're really "hyping" both. What I see out of this entire troll is that Kojima is hyping up the Fox Engine, which is something which benefits not just Kojima Productions, but Konami at large as well. I think all the trolling is really stupid personally, and I'm glad it's going to be over after GDC. :p

Well, yeah. This trolling thing going on is definitely just blatant and cheap PR for the Fox Engine. No doubt about that.

But they showed of two rather big "projects" with Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes now, which leaves me confused about the idea of promoting and/or working on 2 big projects at the same time. At least I dont know of any time when Kojima did that.

Oh and that whole interview thing just seems to be a reveal that everyone basically already knew. The way the whole interview was set up, it seemed like they wanted to announced that Fox Engine was the big surprise here, saying that trailer is developed with the Fox Engine and then to spark discussion whether the game could be a Kojima project. Only that Kojima didnt care that we basically already knew that since we've seen the trailer :p

#TeamPartyPooper

Sorian

Banned

Poor poor Duck, thinking this troll is going to end before E3 is just crazy talk :p

Edit: inb4 fully rendered, live CG Joakim takes the stage at E3 in front of a live audience.

Toma

lol...that's not CG...that's a real actor............

He was joking, but I know that feeling. This thread destroys sarcasm detection devices of Gaffers all around the world.

This sounds very appealing. It also falls in line with what Kojima has been saying recently about making smaller games to gauge the level of interest, kinda like Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, followed by the full game later on.

For ex:

Just when you think this thread can't get any more insane, this post happens!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

I posted something like that when Phantom Pains was first revealed but everybody jumped on my throat "no dude Phantom pain IS MGS5, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the SAME GAME, Carnival of Stupid, e.t.c.."

I don't see what's crazy about fathoming that there might be more than one game *gasp*

duckroll

I posted something like that when Phantom Pains was first revealed but everybody jumped on my throat "no dude Phantom pain IS MGS5, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the SAME GAME, Carnival of Stupid, e.t.c.."

I don't see what's crazy about fathoming that there might be more than one game *gasp*

Well, I think that technically they're the "same" game in the sense that I don't feel it's likely that there are two MGS games directed by Kojima being made at the same time by two different teams. But two different products? Sure. I think that's a very likely possibility.

Sorian

Banned

You aren't a mod. I love all the mods here and 9/10 they are right or on to something but some forum members will always jump in to agree right away with them :p Not saying that is happening here just a note to keep in your mind.

Wasn't it even stated when Ground Zeroes was revealed that it was a separate game to MGS5? I've personally just been assuming that they are indeed two different games. The only part that's unusual is the fact that they're both being teased when you would think we wouldn't hear anything of Phantom Pain/MGS5 until after Ground Zeroes' release.

duckroll

You aren't a mod. I love all the mods here and 9/10 they are right or on to something but some forum members will always jump in to agree right away with them :p Not saying that is happening here just a note to keep in your mind.

This is just bullshit. I don't think being a mod makes anyone more accurate or anything. :p

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
So some people think it's CG because they don't think it's possible to naturally look like Joakim?!

#TeamReal

Top Bottom